Did our next Quarterback play today in Morgantown?

unbanmadmike1

Ill pass. The jets 3rd down defense is ranked 32nd in the league yet the jets 3rd down offense is ranked 5th, even with yhe wr's having the dropsies. That that doesnt translate to needing a new qb at all., yet for some reason its ad if people are tricked into thinking the qb is the problem here

You're not a big fan of adequate sample sizes, are you?

The defense has not "sucked ass". Not even close. They haven't been nearly as good as we'd hoped/expected though. It's still the better unit on this team, by far.

55% or whatever it is is awful. 3 sacks. Poor tackling. Sliding down the pole tackling...D wont get any blame from this group until Sanchez is gone so its not worth the argument

Until Sanchez is gone the defense wont get any blame. They've sucked ass this year though.

this may be true, but its a dumb move. This defense is in the bottom half in total defense and is dead last on 3rd down. People can say what they wsnt about sanchez and/or the offense but its the defense thats suspect here. Not saying that the offense is clicking on all cylinders, but the defense has regressed what would be the 4th consecutive year.

It's been good enough to win with a competent offense. Thats the rot at the center of this team.

I think most fans (non-homers) of this team knew the offense was going to be terrible. However the fact that this defense still can't tackle is mind numbing @ times.

Ill pass. The jets 3rd down defense is ranked 32nd in the league yet the jets 3rd down offense is ranked 5th, even with yhe wr's having the dropsies. That that doesnt translate to needing a new qb at all., yet for some reason its ad if people are tricked into thinking the qb is the problem here

Most are probably going to get tired of front 7 drafting, but OLB is definitely going to be at the top of the list and this is a good upcoming draft for it. Pace probably won't be here next year, at least at his current rate, and Davis is being groomed for Scott's role. Meaning if the OLB's sans Pace have looked not so good thus far, it'll only be worse next year. It's without question a top 3-4 need on this team and if the right guy is there I can't possibly see how Rex passes it up.

the other fact to note about Geno Smith is that he had a totally clean pocket yesterday against Baylor. No pass rush at all was getting through.

Ya know who else had a super clean pocket all the time was Mark at USC.

the NFL doesn't give many clean pockets. maybe if Geno keeps it up he will run into an LSU or an Alabama in the BCS bowls. Then we will see what this young man is really made of... until then it's a glorified passing drill.

(louisville is actually a decent big east team, that could be a test)

If the Jets do draft another QB i hope that player sees top defenses, like Eli did at Ole Miss in the SEC. Or Big Ben at Miami of Ohio. I want a guy who was battle tested.

the other fact to note about Geno Smith is that he had a totally clean pocket yesterday against Baylor. No pass rush at all was getting through.

Ya know who else had a super clean pocket all the time was Mark at USC.

the NFL doesn't give many clean pockets. maybe if Geno keeps it up he will run into an LSU or an Alabama in the BCS bowls. Then we will see what this young man is really made of... until then it's a glorified passing drill.

(louisville is actually a decent big east team, that could be a test)

If the Jets do draft another QB i hope that player sees top defenses, like Eli did at Ole Miss in the SEC. Or Big Ben at Miami of Ohio. I want a guy who was battle tested.

Totally agree with it. Tired of "potential". Want to see someone who's done it before. Even if they're not the best prospect, if they prove they can compete against the top defenses, I think you'll get a good player, even if not an elite one.

If Aaron Murray could gain like...2 inches in height...big fan otherwise.

Still...Jarvis Jones. Off the top of my head I don't think it's even close between him and the next best pass rusher. Dion Jordan can move a little too but I haven't seen him this year, nor have I seen the LSU guys.

• 6 months later...

Doubtful. All things considered with this class and the Jets needs, which are all over the place, we'll probably be going RB or OLB early on. It would be a huge, huge help come next April if Howard can keep this up so they're not forced into going OT. Also Lattimore looked great this week, which is nice.

I miss Rutgers.  Hope he is excited with the draft and Geno falling to us.  He should come back with a silly alter like Aten attempted to do a few times.  

I miss Rutgers.  Hope he is excited with the draft and Geno falling to us.  He should come back with a silly alter like Aten attempted to do a few times.  

Same here. I remember he was a fan of Geno at some point, that and the Knicks are dominating the celtics, so at least he's got that going for him.  Wish he'd come back, total bummer.

Archived