Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

That was a horrendous pass, but Hill standing there taking a picture didnt help either. Once that ball is in the air he has to recognize that he has to become a defender.

When it's a crapshoot the rookie WR will catch an easy ball, we can't yet expect him to know that he has to play defender on that play. Watch it, he actually waits for the DB to make the catch before tackling him.

But again, that wasn't a bad throw per se, it was a bad decision. Sanchez has to know then that he missed his window and not to throw it. If he threw it a second or 2 earlier it is an easy TD. Once that's gone, he can't throw the ball.

And that was Reuland wide open, not Keller. Sanchez throws it to Keller when he's triple covered. You better believe he'd throw it when he's open.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it's a crapshoot the rookie WR will catch an easy ball, we can't yet expect him to know that he has to play defender on that play. Watch it, he actually waits for the DB to make the catch before tackling him.

But again, that wasn't a bad throw per se, it was a bad decision. Sanchez has to know then that he missed his window and not to throw it. If he threw it a second or 2 earlier it is an easy TD. Once that's gone, he can't throw the ball.

And that was Reuland wide open, not Keller. Sanchez throws it to Keller when he's triple covered. You better believe he'd throw it when he's open.

Yeah Ruland was jumping up and down going crazy and Sanchez just didnt see him.

Even then, if Hill makes a routine first down catch we win the game and we're talking about how Sanchez played pretty well save one bad throw.

Yeah Ruland was jumping up and down going crazy and Sanchez just didnt see him.

Even then, if Hill makes a routine first down catch we win the game and we're talking about how Sanchez played pretty well save one bad throw.

Sometimes it's a matter of perception and reputation. Eli threw an absolutely horrible INT late in the the game, right after the Giants got the ball back on a turnover. Gilbride had called a bad game in the 4th, not running Bradshaw enough (who was pissed on the sidelines about it). RGIII then takes the lead, Eli takes the lead back on next drive, and the Giants D actually holds the lead to win the game after that. The Jets and Giants game was earily similar at the end in their setup, but the Giants D made a play that counted and the Jets D didn't. Eli cements his hero status. Sanchez cements his suckage status.

I like HIll. I really do. He has all the tools, but he needs work. Does a lot of body catching - so did Holmes and Edwards. He has made some tough catches and isn't afraid to take a hit, but he drops some insanely easy balls. He should have come back and fought for that ball. Worst of all, and I'm sure somebody has been bitching about, but I didn't see it, is that twice early in the game he seemed to think that he was down because his knee touched without being touched. PLAY TO THE ****ING WHISTLE! I don't care if the rules say you are down, go 100% until you hear that whistle.

I like HIll. I really do. He has all the tools, but he needs work. Does a lot of body catching - so did Holmes and Edwards. He has made some tough catches and isn't afraid to take a hit, but he drops some insanely easy balls. He should have come back and fought for that ball. Worst of all, and I'm sure somebody has been bitching about, but I didn't see it, is that twice early in the game he seemed to think that he was down because his knee touched without being touched. PLAY TO THE ****ING WHISTLE! I don't care if the rules say you are down, go 100% until you hear that whistle.

So all Hill needs to do is learn how to catch, play harder, and hear. We got this.

So I have a question for those Sanchez's apologists, and I'm really looking for a completely sincere answer here. Now first let me preface this by saying, there's nobody saying that Sanchez is the only reason the Jets lost that game, the point is that he is a major factor in why they did. So, when you consider that Sanchez was solely responsible for a 9 point swing in the opposing team's favor (in a 3-point game), can you cite one other player in this game on either team for which you can make a similar statement?

Considering they were still defending Chad until the instant of the Favre trade (and actually, in some instances, still after that even when he was playing for the friggin' Dolphins), how was this even a question? It's not even a matter of them being too far in, you know as well as I do that they surely came away from that game legitimately impressed with Sanchez's play, as sad as that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_dependence

The one where Keller was jumping up and down was pretty funny, on the replay Simms was like "Sanchez is under pressure and there's nnnnnot many places to goooo...and if you look here...oh, yeah, yeeeeeah, he was pretty open. Oh man."

So was 87 on the 3rd down where Sanchez was sacked after McCourtys fumble.

87 could have walked into the EZ.

So I have a question for those Sanchez's apologists, and I'm really looking for a completely sincere answer here. Now first let me preface this by saying, there's nobody saying that Sanchez is the only reason the Jets lost that game, the point is that he is a major factor in why they did. So, when you consider that Sanchez was solely responsible for a 9 point swing in the opposing team's favor (in a 3-point game), can you cite one other player in this game on either team for which you can make a similar statement?

I say it's 7 rather than 9. Sanchez and Greene weren't on the same page after Slausson got trucked, so Greene changed the play to run inside rather than outside, which was the design, so the handoff was too wide.

The bad decision on the duck is 7 points and STs gave up 7. That's a 14 point swing.

There's no such thing as "all the blame" in a team sport. However, is Sanchez the biggest problem on this team, by a lot? I don't see how there's any debate at this point.

Sanchez in one of the problems, not the biggest. The biggest is the dropped passes. There are at least 3 every game now on good throws.

What's interesting is a bit of the disconnect between the local media and the fans on Sanchez after this game. Cimini, Boomer & Carton and others are saying this was one of Sanchez's best games, he brought them back and the coaches screwed it up with the playcalling in the last 2 minutes.

Fans just blame Sanchez because he sucks so even if other units suck during the game at a certain time, they sucked through osmosis because of Sanchez's suckage.

I actually don't think you're right here. I doubt anyone here would argue that this was one of Sanchez's best games of the season. The difference is, some people see that as a major problem when that coincides with a losing effort that included an INT on a play that every QB in the NFL, as well as a number of other non-QBs, easily should have had a TD on and botching a hand-off to give your opponent two free points.

It's not a matter of looking at one game in a vacuum and talking about what an inexcusable performance this supposedly was, it's a matter of looking at 4 years worth of evidence and seeing how Sanchez, even when performing at his best, still isn't good enough to be what he was brought here to be, as he is not what the Jets or any NFL team needs to win a championship, and after so how long, there's no reasonable expectation to think that will ever change.

Sanchez in one of the problems, not the biggest. The biggest is the dropped passes. There are at least 3 every game now on good throws.

He's right in the middle of the pack when it comes to having his passes dropped. Someone posted it about a week or two ago. I believe he was 15th at the time. The receiving corps needs an upgrade but there is some talent there. Kerley is a boss and I think Hill is going to turn out ok. He might not put it together this year but the physical ability is there.

I say it's 7 rather than 9. Sanchez and Greene weren't on the same page after Slausson got trucked, so Greene changed the play to run inside rather than outside, which was the design, so the handoff was too wide.

The bad decision on the duck is 7 points and STs gave up 7. That's a 14 point swing.

Fine, even if you don't put the 2 points on him, that's still not great. Yeah, obviously ST was responsible for 7, but that's a matter of 11 guys screwing up to allow that to happen. When you talk about that missed TD opportunity, you are talking about an instance where, on a field that saw 22 players on it, everyone else did exactly what needed to be done in order to score a TD on that play, and Sanchez is literally, without question, the only person on that entire football field who did not, and is to blame for not only the failure to get a TD, but to lose possession of the football to boot. It's not that the entire team didn't have their part in losing that game, because they certainly did, it's that you can't say that about any other player on either team.

This is great, I love it!

Using your logic, no, it's not possible.

You want to give Sanchez zero credit for the points the Jets put on the board, and give him all the blame for those 9 points.

Using this isolation logic is awesome to prove your agenda, nice work.

It's this type of mentality that is absolutely a joke on this board.

Sanchez makes horrendous mistakes, time and time again, AND it is far too late in his career to be making so many bad mistakes, but to take it to the levels posters here do is ridiculous! To completely ignore anything positive he does is laughable.

I have not seen one person who is defending Sanchez say he was great, or flawless, almost everyone has said he made some bad costly mistakes.

You and your band of pitchfork slinging haters want to ignore anything good he ever does, and isolate 2-3 plays per game, as if no other QB has these types of plays.

Yet I am unwilling to bend on my points, the irony is oozing.

I actually don't think you're right here. I doubt anyone here would argue that this was one of Sanchez's best games of the season. The difference is, some people see that as a major problem when that coincides with a losing effort that included an INT on a play that every QB in the NFL, as well as a number of other non-QBs, easily should have had a TD on and botching a hand-off to give your opponent two free points.

It's not a matter of looking at one game in a vacuum and talking about what an inexcusable performance this supposedly was, it's a matter of looking at 4 years worth of evidence and seeing how Sanchez, even when performing at his best, still isn't good enough to be what he was brought here to be, as he is not what the Jets or any NFL team needs to win a championship, and after so how long, there's no reasonable expectation to think that will ever change.

Is everyone in agreement that the hand off was Sanchez's fault? Looking at the replay it looked like Greene didn't open wide enough and was too far away from Sanchez. That said then we should blame Sanchez for the on target throw to Hill and Greene that they both dropped.

Sanchez was brought in to make this team a contender in the AFC. He has done that despite the lack of viable weapons around him. Is Green a great back, no. Are the receivers around him even remotely close to being a game breaker, no. You build the team around the QB with weapons that help his strengths. This was done in SF around Alex Smith. It was done around Flacco in Baltimore. They are not "great" QBs. It was never done here and in fact they got rid all the people around him that helped in the years past.

He's right in the middle of the pack when it comes to having his passes dropped. Someone posted it about a week or two ago. I believe he was 15th at the time. The receiving corps needs an upgrade but there is some talent there. Kerley is a boss and I think Hill is going to turn out ok. He might not put it together this year but the physical ability is there.

It isn't just about how many but when they happen. They seem to happen when it counts. I know it happens.

In reality are we that fragile a team that when our QB fumbles twice and has an INT we lose? The answer to this is YES.....

He also took us from, say, a 50 % chance of tying/winning that game in OT down to 0 % when he fumbled.

Completely false.

There was a statistic out before the Colts game that 17 QBs have had as many or more dropped passes than Sanchez.

Currently they are credited with 8 drops, placing them in a tie for 23rd. Meaning, 27 teams have had as many or more drops than Sanchez. The Giants, Patriots, Falcons, Packers, Texans, Saints, and Lions are all part of the top 10 in most drops.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Considering they were still defending Chad until the instant of the Favre trade (and actually, in some instances, still after that even when he was playing for the friggin' Dolphins), how was this even a question? It's not even a matter of them being too far in, you know as well as I do that they surely came away from that game legitimately impressed with Sanchez's play, as sad as that is.

He was 16-20 in the 2nd half and played a good game. Did he have a bad pass to Hill? Yes. I was screaming for him to dump it off to Greene. That said he played well enough to win. The Hill drop was brutal as was the shotgun play on 3rd and 1 from the 3.

The problem is many of you act like good QB's don't make mistakes. The junior statisticians amongst us are especially critical when it comes to Sanchez. Initally I thought they were serious, but I'm sure they don't believe half of what they type.

You choose to belive Sanchez played another horrible game and was the reason we lost.... I choose to live in the real world.

He was 16-20 in the 2nd half and played a good game. Did he have a bad pass to Hill? Yes. I was screaming for him to dump it off to Greene. That said he played well enough to win. The Hill drop was brutal as was the shotgun play on 3rd and 1 from the 3.

The problem is many of you act like good QB's don't make mistakes. The junior statisticians amongst us are especially critical when it comes to Sanchez. Initally I thought they were serious, but I'm sure they don't believe half of what they type.

You choose to belive Sanchez played another horrible game and was the reason we lost.... I choose to live in the real world.

A lot of the criticism is fair. For a top 5 pick he's basically a bust. Yesterday is not the day to kill him though for. JF80 is just trolling though too.

He also took us from, say, a 50 % chance of tying/winning that game in OT down to 0 % when he fumbled.

But that means, if he doesn't fumble according to everyone here that he is a terrible QB, he would then have 1 play to make the 1st down and then keep the ball moving down field for the TD. A terrible QB can't do that so the fumble point is moot. Cause you know that Sanchez has never led a big 4th quarter comeback before, especially when the pressure is on.

Sad when that was one of Sanchez's best games. He didnt play well enough for us to win. Too many mistakes again. For a mediocre QB that performance is ok, but we need better than mediocre which we're not going to get.

Pretty much sums it up perfectly...

But that means, if he doesn't fumble according to everyone here that he is a terrible QB, he would then have 1 play to make the 1st down and then keep the ball moving down field for the TD. A terrible QB can't do that so the fumble point is moot. Cause you know that Sanchez has never led a big 4th quarter comeback before, especially when the pressure is on.

I believe after the sack it would have been 3rd down and long. We had to go for it on 4th so that gives him two downs to get the 1st off one of the worst secondaries in NFL history. I don't LOVE our chances there, which is why I said 50 %, but it sure as hell beats 0 %.

Archived