Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

Yup he played horrible this season, with a lot of injuries and a horrible receiving corps.

But he will still be a New York Jet next year unless someone wants to trade for him.

They gotta bring in a veteran QB to compete for the starting job, but it's very likely next year Sanchez is still on top of the depth chart.

Who do you want?? Alex Smith - basically a clone of Sanchez. Philip Rivers - has been horrible the last couple years. I dont know who else is out there....Matt Hasselback? lol good chance Sanchez is under center next year week 1. They can't cut him it will ruin their cap space.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then every beat writer and commentator is also doing the Klacko Shuffle. Because they're all saying the same thing I am. Sanchez is playing worse than he ever has.

I won't let that ruin the fun tho. Should I say something like I still believe he can get the job done?

Nope. The Klacko is abandoning ship long after others have and them telling everyone that now is the only moment to have done so....

• 3 months later...

Sanchez 'fired up' for Jets quarterback competition

Brian Costello

For the first time since his rookie season, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez enters a season having to fight for his job. But Sanchez said he is undeterred by the team's quarterback competition and ready to compete for the starting quarterback job.

"My heart and soul is into this thing," Sanchez said Monday in a conference call with reporters. "I was just excited to see a bunch of guys on the team again and get ready to get going. That's really where my head's at. I'm fired up about this year and I hope it's a good one."

The Jets began voluntary offseason workouts Monday.

Sanchez is coming off a brutal 2012 season when he had 26 turnovers and lost his starting job near the end of the 6-10 season. The fifth-year quarterback said he has not lost his confidence despite the way it looked last year.

"I think we all looked like players that lost a lot of games," Sanchez said. "But your confidence never wavers. I'm confident we're going to go out and win every time we play. I'm confident I'm going to go out and complete the ball and if it doesn't happen then you try to fix it."

The Jets signed veteran David Garrard to challenge Sanchez for the starting job. Greg McElroy, who started one game last season, could also be involved. Tim Tebow did show up at offseason workouts on Monday, but is expected to be cut soon.

Sanchez was rumored to be part of the Darrelle Revis trade talks last week, but he said he is not worried about that. Despite the struggles of last year, Sanchez said he is glad he remains a Jet.

"I enjoy being here," he said. "Rex [Ryan] and I have had some real success here and this entire organization has had some success during our time. It's a great place to play, especially when you're winning. It's also tough when you're not playing as well and things aren't going your way. That's the way it goes. Each year's another opportunity to play well and that's what we'll try to do."

Sanchez watched last year's games again this offseason and tried to evaluate where things went wrong.

"As a whole, we sustained some tough injuries there," Sanchez said. "We didn't quite develop an identity. I think at times there were decisions I made to put our team in a tough spot. I just forced the ball here or there trying to make up for something we didn't have or didn't have that week or trying to make something right or trying to make a play and it comes back to get you."

Sanchez 'fired up' for Jets quarterback competition

Brian Costello

For the first time since his rookie season, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez enters a season having to fight for his job. But Sanchez said he is undeterred by the team's quarterback competition and ready to compete for the starting quarterback job.

"My heart and soul is into this thing," Sanchez said Monday in a conference call with reporters. "I was just excited to see a bunch of guys on the team again and get ready to get going. That's really where my head's at. I'm fired up about this year and I hope it's a good one."

The Jets began voluntary offseason workouts Monday.

Sanchez is coming off a brutal 2012 season when he had 26 turnovers and lost his starting job near the end of the 6-10 season. The fifth-year quarterback said he has not lost his confidence despite the way it looked last year.

"I think we all looked like players that lost a lot of games," Sanchez said. "But your confidence never wavers. I'm confident we're going to go out and win every time we play. I'm confident I'm going to go out and complete the ball and if it doesn't happen then you try to fix it."

The Jets signed veteran David Garrard to challenge Sanchez for the starting job. Greg McElroy, who started one game last season, could also be involved. Tim Tebow did show up at offseason workouts on Monday, but is expected to be cut soon.

Sanchez was rumored to be part of the Darrelle Revis trade talks last week, but he said he is not worried about that. Despite the struggles of last year, Sanchez said he is glad he remains a Jet.

"I enjoy being here," he said. "Rex [Ryan] and I have had some real success here and this entire organization has had some success during our time. It's a great place to play, especially when you're winning. It's also tough when you're not playing as well and things aren't going your way. That's the way it goes. Each year's another opportunity to play well and that's what we'll try to do."

Sanchez watched last year's games again this offseason and tried to evaluate where things went wrong.

"As a whole, we sustained some tough injuries there," Sanchez said. "We didn't quite develop an identity. I think at times there were decisions I made to put our team in a tough spot. I just forced the ball here or there trying to make up for something we didn't have or didn't have that week or trying to make something right or trying to make a play and it comes back to get you."

Troll and mow

Pennington 'full go' for Jets camp
BY KEN BERGER
Newsday Staff Writer

May 12, 2006

Optimistic and confident as ever, Chad Pennington proclaimed last night that he is "full go" in his comeback from a second shoulder operation in as many years and is digging in to fight for his starting job in training camp -- maybe even sooner.

"Full go means I'm throwing every route we have in the playbook," the Jets quarterback said last night at a fundraiser in Manhattan. "I feel really good about it."

It was the first update on Pennington's progress since the first week of March, when he restructured his contract and began strengthening his surgically repaired right rotator cuff.

Pennington said he's still working on building up strength and velocity, but said, "I don't have any doubts or concerns or worries ... I'm not trying to get back to the old Chad Pennington. I'm trying to get better than what the old Chad Pennington was."

Pennington and other veterans won't participate in the two-day rookie minicamp that opens today at Hofstra. But he sounded optimistic that he will be ready for team drills when the Jets hold a passing camp at the end of the month and a full-squad minicamp in mid-June.

"Whatever the coaches, and more importantly the doctors, have laid out for me, I'll follow those guidelines," Pennington said. "I don't know what those guidelines are yet."

Pennington's recovery schedule is far more favorable than last year, when he was rushed back to start in the season opener only 31 weeks after the first operation on his right rotator cuff. Yesterday was the 31-week mark after the latest operation, which was performed Oct. 6.

Admitting for the first time that he was rushed back last year, Pennington said, "I had to fly by the seat of my pants to try to go win a football game."

Pennington said he plans to play at his current weight of 229, about 10 pounds heavier than before. He wasn't fazed by the Jets' decision to pass on Matt Leinart in the draft, or their decision to select Oregon quarterback Kellen Clemens in the second round. He said he's ready to compete with Patrick Ramsey for the starting job.

"I want to be in those plans, those future plans," he said. "If I am, I'm going to take advantage of every opportunity I get. If I'm not, that's OK. There's 31 other teams.

"If I was a betting man in Vegas," he added, "I'd put money on No. 10."

BY KEN BERGER

Newsday Staff Writer

May 12, 2006

Optimistic and confident as ever, Chad Pennington proclaimed last night that he is "full go" in his comeback from a second shoulder operation in as many years and is digging in to fight for his starting job in training camp -- maybe even sooner.

"Full go means I'm throwing every route we have in the playbook," the Jets quarterback said last night at a fundraiser in Manhattan. "I feel really good about it."

It was the first update on Pennington's progress since the first week of March, when he restructured his contract and began strengthening his surgically repaired right rotator cuff.

Pennington said he's still working on building up strength and velocity, but said, "I don't have any doubts or concerns or worries ... I'm not trying to get back to the old Chad Pennington. I'm trying to get better than what the old Chad Pennington was."

Pennington and other veterans won't participate in the two-day rookie minicamp that opens today at Hofstra. But he sounded optimistic that he will be ready for team drills when the Jets hold a passing camp at the end of the month and a full-squad minicamp in mid-June.

"Whatever the coaches, and more importantly the doctors, have laid out for me, I'll follow those guidelines," Pennington said. "I don't know what those guidelines are yet."

Pennington's recovery schedule is far more favorable than last year, when he was rushed back to start in the season opener only 31 weeks after the first operation on his right rotator cuff. Yesterday was the 31-week mark after the latest operation, which was performed Oct. 6.

Admitting for the first time that he was rushed back last year, Pennington said, "I had to fly by the seat of my pants to try to go win a football game."

Pennington said he plans to play at his current weight of 229, about 10 pounds heavier than before. He wasn't fazed by the Jets' decision to pass on Matt Leinart in the draft, or their decision to select Oregon quarterback Kellen Clemens in the second round. He said he's ready to compete with Patrick Ramsey for the starting job.

"I want to be in those plans, those future plans," he said. "If I am, I'm going to take advantage of every opportunity I get. If I'm not, that's OK. There's 31 other teams.

Your attempted point would look better if he didn't win comeback player of the year and finish 2nd in MVP voting.

BY KEN BERGER

Newsday Staff Writer

May 12, 2006

If it;s ok EY I will move this to the pennington sucks thread.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Good call.  

its Geno time.  I know everyone loved Sanchez and is completely heartbroken by his injury and the tremendous negative impact it will have on the season but it's time to man up, move on and embrace Geno.  He's the future and the future is bright. 

Archived