The Whole Team Sucks

New York Mick

I knew the Jets were mediocre, but when another mediocre team takes you behind the woodshed, it just makes you sh*tty!! I love Rex I think he is a good coach, but this is the kind of game that cans a coach. sh*tty recievers wide open all day....oh screw it the list is to long! The Dolphins.......the Dolphins...........the Dolphins!! I know a high school team that would have put up a better game then this sad team!! I won't be sober for the rest of the season!

I knew the Jets were mediocre, but when another mediocre team takes you behind the woodshed, it just makes you sh*tty!! I love Rex I think he is a good coach, but this is the kind of game that cans a coach. sh*tty recievers wide open all day....oh screw it the list is to long! The Dolphins.......the Dolphins...........the Dolphins!! I know a high school team that would have put up a better game then this sad team!! I won't be sober for the rest of the season!

Why does everyone say Rex is a good coach? What has he done to show you that he is a good coach? he is slightly better than .500. We have not gotten better in any aspect of the game. Even his defense hasn't been a steady thing.

Why does everyone say Rex is a good coach? What has he done to show you that he is a good coach? he is slightly better than .500. We have not gotten better in any aspect of the game. Even his defense hasn't been a steady thing.

He took a team with decent talent to back-to-back AFC Championship games. The problem is the window closed. The linebackers are old, the O-line got old, and we all know the QB never progressed. The GM and Rex to a point have over-valued the talent on this team. Instead of re-loading on fundamental football positions(like LB,OL) we have gotten cute with specialty positions. Is Rex part of the problem? Yes, but with a real GM I think Rex can put it together!

Rex is the secong coming of his old man.

He's a good assistant coach ... but a bad head coach.

You could even argue that his status as a "defensive genius" is a bit overrated.

In 8 seasons as a defensive coordinator (4 with Baltimore) or head coach (last 4 with the Jets), his defenses were ranked as the following:

2005 ... 10th

2006 ... 1st

2007 ... 22nd

2008 ... 3rd

2009 ... 1st

2010 ... 6th

2011 ... 20th

2012 ... 24th (through before today)

For two of his seasons in Baltimore, he was 10th and 22nd with aruably the most talented defense in the league with multiple HOF'ers. His first two years with the Jets, his defensive ranks were high, but done mostly with Mangini drafted players and guys he swiped from Baltimore. He has not won, or even appeared in a Super Bowl, as a DC or head coach. He has shown little ability to evaluate talent via the draft, and has brought in some very low character players, which in my opinion, has had a bad effect on the overall team chemistry as a whole.

As a head coach, he has indicated a lack of interest in being involved with coaching the offense, and in the last two years has allowed a continuing decline in talent around Sanchez. The talent on the offensive line, wide receiver, and running back positions have all declined on his watch. You can blame Tannenbaum, and he certainly plays a big part in it, but nobody is going to convince me that the accountant is drafting the players without large input from the head coach. It's no different then when Mangini was here (Mangini drafted Revis, not Mr. T ... proof? How could the same guy who drafted Revis draft Kyle Wilson?).

His clock management is awful and the team is the most mistake prone team in the league, it's discipline level, or should I say lack thereof, matching that of its brash, "big talking", head coach.

I'm not saying Rex can't be a very good head coach, but he needs to change.

The head coach needs to be tough when it warrants... a disciplinarian who has to sometimes put his foot down. He can't be everybody's best friend all the time and he can't be the biggest trash talking buffoon on the team.

He also needs a competent talent evaluating GM to "shop for the groceries" for him. He's a good coach, but not as good as a talent evaluator. The Jets have to get him a GM who knows a good football player when he sees it ... not an accountant who can figure out how to beat the salary cap. Mr. T has a place, but not as GM.

And ultimately, the Jets need to go back to putting a premium on "character" in the players they bring in.

Just one man's opinion.

The Jets have backed them selfs into a corner with Sanchez. It's like the self fullfilling Prophecy.

QB controversy. You can hear them when they signed Tebow, "We won't have a QB controversy"

Well boys, the Media, and Haters have what they want, well F#cking Done!

Also not making tough choices will loose Rex his job, time to throw a few folk under the Bus.

You could even argue that his status as a "defensive genius" is a bit overrated.

In 8 seasons as a defensive coordinator (4 with Baltimore) or head coach (last 4 with the Jets), his defenses were ranked as the following:

2005 ... 10th

2006 ... 1st

2007 ... 22nd

2008 ... 3rd

2009 ... 1st

2010 ... 6th

2011 ... 20th

For two of his seasons in Baltimore, he was 10th and 22nd with aruably the most talented defense in the league with multiple HOF'ers. His first two years with the Jets, his defensive ranks were high, but done mostly with Mangini drafted players and guys he swiped from Baltimore. He has not won, or even appeared in a Super Bowl, as a DC or head coach. He has shown little ability to evaluate talent via the draft, and has brought in some very low character players, which in my opinion, has had a bad effect on the overall team chemistry as a whole.

As a head coach, he has indicated a lack of interest in being involved with coaching the offense, and in the last two years has allowed a continuing decline in talent around Sanchez. The talent on the offensive line, wide receiver, and running back positions have all declined on his watch. You can blame Tannenbaum, and he certainly plays a big part in it, but nobody is going to convince me that the accountant is drafting the players without large input from the head coach. It's no different then when Mangini was here (Mangini drafted Revis, not Mr. T ... proof? How could the same guy who drafted Revis draft Kyle Wilson?).

His clock management is awful and the team is the most mistake prone team in the league, it's discipline level, or should I say lack thereof, matching that of its brash, "big talking", head coach.

The head coach needs to be tough when it warrants... a disciplinarian who has to sometimes put his foot down. He can't be everybody's best friend all the time and he can't be the biggest trash talking buffoon on the team.

He also needs a competent talent evaluating GM to "shop for the groceries" for him. He's a good coach, but not as good as a talent evaluator. The Jets have to get him a GM who knows a good football player when he sees it ... not an accountant who can figure out how to beat the salary cap. Mr. T has a place, but not as GM.

And ultimately, the Jets need to go back to putting a premium on "character" in the players they bring in.

Just one man's opinion.

Great post, I agree 100% with you.

He took a team with decent talent to back-to-back AFC Championship games. The problem is the window closed. The linebackers are old, the O-line got old, and we all know the QB never progressed. The GM and Rex to a point have over-valued the talent on this team. Instead of re-loading on fundamental football positions(like LB,OL) we have gotten cute with specialty positions. Is Rex part of the problem? Yes, but with a real GM I think Rex can put it together!

Our teams were stacked then. We barely got in, and made a deep run based on elite talent. Since then, we have declined steadily and rapidly.

Sanchez is playing his way out

Greene is garbage and has the durability of used alumminum foil

i think with the addition of some veterans the Oline could be revamped. Howard is alright for his first start and DBrick and Mangold are still solid

Our WR core is an absolute mess. Kerley is the only one id keep right now cause Hill is making some horrendous drops in big time moments.

I cannot stand Keller. I always feel like hes a chicken with his head cut off. I dont care if sanchez always targets him but look at the TE's that are dominating the league right now. They are like three times the size of Keller.

Our DLine is garbage. Sharing a city with the Giants who seem to have a revolving door of amazing pass rushers is not helping. Coples and Wilkerson havent proven anything and usually if Dlinemen dont show up right away they almost never do in their career.

Our LBs are old and Harris is mediocre, not anykind of a leader or force on D.

Revis is a keeper and if Cromartie doesnt keep acting up so is he but the rest of them are trash. Im really disappointed in Wilson.

Mcknight is a great player who when healthy needs to play but with Westoff dipping after the season i think our ST is really going to decline.

so yeah....our team does kinda suck right now...

Is it time for Woody to lure Bill Cowher out of retirement? I was at todays game vs. Miami, what a complete embarassment. This team has no identity or direction. To get your ass kicked by the Dolphins at home is a disgrace. Any team is a direct reflection of your coach,and Rex has been a clown from day one. From his feet video to giving fans the finger to his non-stop bullsh*t talk that he never backs up. I cant stand the sight of him anymore. Hey Woody its over! Get a professional coach

the way I see it the Pats game should have been a W and left them spent. They don't really _suck_ so much as snake bit. without revis, holmes (and guys like Keller, Pouha, Mck clearly at half speed)

The Jets aren't a contender so it's not like this derailed their super bowl plans. They will be a spoiler the rest of the way.

the way I see it the Pats game should have been a W and left them spent. They don't really _suck_ so much as snake bit. without revis, holmes (and guys like Keller, Pouha, Mck clearly at half speed)

The Jets aren't a contender so it's not like this derailed their super bowl plans. They will be a spoiler the rest of the way.

Coples and Hill Both Blow mon, lots a teams have injuries, jets were real healthy last yr to boot

2005 ... 10th

2006 ... 1st

2007 ... 22nd

2008 ... 3rd

2009 ... 1st

2010 ... 6th

2011 ... 20th

Just one man's opinion.

Too many good points...unfortunately the owner probably keeps him another year...injuries alone...

one minor disagreement...since you didn't say it...guess I will...Rex cannot be a good head coach...the evidence is everything you pointed out earlier...he won't change because according to him he's the greatest thing ever...plus he wants it so bad...that in itself leads to success...he does the same sh*t with the players with his declarations in faith in everyone...like Wayne Hunter is my starting RT...if I believe in him of course it will be true...

Character point...Rex has character the completely wrong kind to run a successful organization...without it...he or any other cannot win here.

Man I wish I could say tis team just needs to replace Sanchez, or Sanchez needs to play better, or anything about Sanchez being the jets problem. But he's "A" problem. Not "The" problem. There is no "The" problem. The team stinks. From the top down and in-between. Our O-line looked like they were 190 lbs apiece and had their shoelaces tied together. Utterly dominated. Our Dline was on rollerskates. Six drops by wide receivers. Not a crack of daylight in the running game. The QB--don't even get me started. Even his completions force the recievers into the dirt preventing YAC. We can't block for our QB, our RB's, our Punter, or our placekicker. Defense was getting caight mid-substitution every other play, making Pettine look like a panicky gambler down to his last hundred from a grand. Punter gets jupy after the block and its threwe shanks in a row afterward. Linebackers can't scrape because our DL are getting handled one-on-one and lineman are eating them up at the second level. Dbacks are confused and Wilson was a BAD first round pick anyway you slice it. Wilkerson Ellis and Coples, two firsts and third. Where the hell are they? Why did we throw so much coin at out Dline and bneglect our Oline? Why did we replace a bad OC with a bad OC? What the hell did we even bother getting Tebow for? How did we get snookered on an onsides kick? Who the hell is playing Wide Receiver for us--I don't even recognize half of them. And did you hear we activated Hayden Smith? We did. Seriously. I gues Ruland or Rouland or whoever that guy is needed a back up. ****. Seriiously. we're on way back to the bottom again and I'm paying for P S L's!

Don't be too hard on your Jets....Miami was clearly the better team in the game you guys won against us this year and we proved it today. You can blame today's loss almost solely on Rex for getting the trash talk started and making us spend out bye-week dreaming up ways to shut him up; even you guys have to admit that the onside kick in the 1st quarter was a thing of beauty.

You lost today to one of the best defenses in the league that had a great special teams day...don't beat yourself up over it too bad. Miami is a team on the rise and we've already upset a few others as well.

Is it time for Woody to lure Bill Cowher out of retirement? I was at todays game vs. Miami, what a complete embarassment. This team has no identity or direction. To get your ass kicked by the Dolphins at home is a disgrace. Any team is a direct reflection of your coach,and Rex has been a clown from day one. From his feet video to giving fans the finger to his non-stop bullsh*t talk that he never backs up. I cant stand the sight of him anymore. Hey Woody its over! Get a professional coach

Am I the only one who remembers how long it took Cowher to win a SB? We are ready to run rex out but Pittsburgh let the guy go 15 years before he won one. 15 years he coached the Steelers. He's no Lombardi and he's not a magic pill.

Am I the only one who remembers how long it took Cowher to win a SB? We are ready to run rex out but Pittsburgh let the guy go 15 years before he won one. 15 years he coached the Steelers. He's no Lombardi and he's not a magic pill.

True. I have no idea wthe next guy is. But it has to be someone not simply looking to fund their IRA. Cowher or Gruden would be like Joe Gibbs II or Dick Vermeil in KC.

2005 ... 10th

2006 ... 1st

2007 ... 22nd

2008 ... 3rd

2009 ... 1st

2010 ... 6th

2011 ... 20th

Just one man's opinion.

POTW nomination!

The problem with comparing Rex to Cowher...and yes the are some similarities...is Cowher had a sound football organization behind him...the current Jets regime is the complete opposite...rather turn the club over to Polian and Son...and trust their HC choice...and they won't choose Rex...his gross buffoonery needs to go.

Archived