EDIT: Jets Draft Pick

Lupz27

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take Milliner off the list. Even if we trade Revis, why would we need another CB with Cro and Wilson? That's the one spot on the field we're set at regardless.

I truly hope you're joking saying that we are good with Wilson. He is literally the only player less talented at his position than Sanchez in the entire league.

Wilson sucks but the suck is exaggerated..Like Calvin Pace he is severely hurt in perception by the perceived value of the resources used to acquire him.

I would prefer to trade Cromartie over Revis.

wilson blows, everytime he faces a good QB he gets torched, he is fine when u play Lindley, Fitz and Locker mon

Wilson sucks but the suck is exaggerated..Like Calvin Pace he is severely hurt in perception by the perceived value of the resources used to acquire him.

I would prefer to trade Cromartie over Revis.

Well, we only have Revis for 1 more year and Cromartie for 2 more. Revis cannot be franchise tagged and we will have no more rights to him than any other team after this season. Unless you're ok with signing up for another extension for Revis, averaging some $15-17M/year, that will make his cap number approach $20M (considering all the bonus money he's already collected that hasn't hit our cap yet). Oh yeah, that and he'll hold out 2 years into that new extension anyway.

Revis is probably the best player the Jets have ever had at any position. But no CB is worth that (unless the cap balloons up to like $200M, in which case it's only Woody's inherited money and there are few things I care less about).

Both are short-term solutions, unless you want to extend Cromartie a new contract when he turns 30 in 2015. Rebuilding teams with no QB (and no obvious one on the horizon) have no business paying exorbitant money for two short-term CBs while passing on the considerable draft picks we could get for each.

Well, we only have Revis for 1 more year and Cromartie for 2 more. Revis cannot be franchise tagged and we will have no more rights to him than any other team after this season. Unless you're ok with signing up for another extension for Revis, averaging some $15-17M/year, that will make his cap number approach $20M (considering all the bonus money he's already collected that hasn't hit our cap yet). Oh yeah, that and he'll hold out 2 years into that new extension anyway.

Revis is probably the best player the Jets have ever had at any position. But no CB is worth that (unless the cap balloons up to like $200M, in which case it's only Woody's inherited money and there are few things I care less about).

Both are short-term solutions, unless you want to extend Cromartie a new contract when he turns 30 in 2015. Rebuilding teams with no QB (and no obvious one on the horizon) have no business paying exorbitant money for two short-term CBs while passing on the considerable draft picks we could get for each.

the smart move is to trade both Cro and Revis and be competitive maybe in 2015 mon

I agree, Woody has to see this as a multi year rebuild.

This needs much more than a band aid solution.

We have to do this the right way or we will back in this spot soon!

agree

Wait til the new GM wants to trade both CBs to stockpile draft picks. Then Rex will really have to coach some defense. Wilson and Lankster next year.

I'm sure you're joking but if the GM being brought in has a history with Rex, I"m sure only cb would go.

if it were my choice i'd punt on Qb until 2014 cause all these guys suck. go best available pass rusher at 9. I know people are gonna complain that they are neglecting the offense (again) but i'd rather they get a good QB than the best of a bad lot. the 2013 QB class is looking worse than Sanchez' year.

New GM = 2013 throwaway year. Do the hard things in 2013, point to 2014.

Sure. If he is stuck with Rex he might as well consider it a house money year and strip cap and roster. Start from Square One. I can't get my head around Woody's stupidity. It can't be all about some money, can it? I think I will sell my stock in J & J.

Sure. If he is stuck with Rex he might as well consider it a house money year and strip cap and roster. Start from Square One. I can't get my head around Woody's stupidity. It can't be all about some money, can it? I think I will sell my stock in J & J.

I actually think Woody'sbeen working on this with new GM (agreed in principal last 2 days IMHO).

Woody has ZERO to do with J&J by the way :)

if it were my choice i'd punt on Qb until 2014 cause all these guys suck. go best available pass rusher at 9. I know people are gonna complain that they are neglecting the offense (again) but i'd rather they get a good QB than the best of a bad lot. the 2013 QB class is looking worse than Sanchez' year.

That is the part i hate. Are we drafting for Rex's system when Rex might only be here one more year? Best available player, I guess.

I actually think Woody'sbeen working on this with new GM (agreed in principal last 2 days IMHO).

Woody has ZERO to do with J&J by the way :)

Well, that's a relief. The J&J part, I mean. I heard someone on the radio imply that the GM is already in the bag, too. I actually would like them to do a little looking around. Remember when Leon Hess jumped on Rich Kotite?

That is the part i hate. Are we drafting for Rex's system when Rex might only be here one more year? Best available player, I guess.

drafting that high, they should get a "scheme-diverse" player. I.e. JJ Watt would be a beast in any scheme. they get someone who can rush the passer, it doesn't matter what system he plays in... for 2014 Teddy Bridgewater is head and shoulders above all of these QB prospects.

Pretty much, though I think some of them might be worth a mid round flier to see if you can catch a steal (Bray, Jones, Nassib, Murray) someone like that.

Ah. Then I don't really care who they trade. It would be nice if Revis could be a Jet for life, but I can understand how that doesn't make sense for the team. There was always a very real possibliity he got Bailey'd...

Ah. Then I don't really care who they trade. It would be nice if Revis could be a Jet for life, but I can understand how that doesn't make sense for the team. There was always a very real possibliity he got Bailey'd...

besides the fact that he's the team's best player (by far) the problem with trading Revis is he's at a low valuewise coming off this injury. they aren't gonna get a huge package for Revis right now.

Well, that's a relief. The J&J part, I mean. I heard someone on the radio imply that the GM is already in the bag, too. I actually would like them to do a little looking around. Remember when Leon Hess jumped on Rich Kotite?

Marc Ross IMHO.

Coincidence he dropped out of Panthers negotiations 2 days ago as #1 choice there? Coincidence Woody backpedaled on keeping Tanny as CapGuy at same time? Not to me.

Archived