Wes Welker to Denver????

Blackout

The Patriots always seem to let their studs go at the perfect time.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they sign Danny Amendola now, and have him pick up, EXACTLY where Welker left off.  Hopefully there is some disconnect between him and Tom, that doesn't get resolved before one of Danny's annual injuries.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they sign Danny Amendola now, and have him pick up, EXACTLY where Welker left off.  Hopefully there is some disconnect between him and Tom, that doesn't get resolved before one of Danny's annual injuries.  

Not totallly true.

The Pats defense has been garbage since Seymour left, and Bruschi and Harrison retired.

The only sh*tty part about this is, we cant say I told you so to all the Pats fans that think Welker is elite because of the numbers he put up with Brady throwing to him.  Now he's got Peyton and better receivers so I'm sure they will use him very similarly and put up big numbers.

Not totallly true.

The Pats defense has been garbage since Seymour left, and Bruschi and Harrison retired.

I'm not going to look up a bunch of examples...but Seymour left the Pats in 2008 after recording 8 sacks.  I believe the Pats got a first round pick out of it, and Seymour has never put up that production since then.  In fact in 2009, he went from 8 sacks to only 4, and he maxed out at 6 in 2011 since then.

My point wasn't that the Patriots become better as a result of their moves (though that's debatable), my point is that the players they let go of seem to regress the year they leave.     

***for what it's worth, the Seymour pick was used to select Nate Solder.

The only sh*tty part about this is, we cant say I told you so to all the Pats fans that think Welker is elite because of the numbers he put up with Brady throwing to him. Now he's got Peyton and better receivers so I'm sure they will use him very similarly and put up big numbers.

Darn! I wish he could play with a bad quarterback so you could feel vindicated about knowing what a bad player he's really been this decade despite the nine billion catches he's put up!!!!!!!!!

he's a midget

welker even towers over him despite being an inch shorter lolz

The Jets let their guys go at the right time too.  Shaun Ellis, Alan Faneca, Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Braylon Edwards.  The problem is that they replaced those guys with crap. 

The Jets let their guys go at the right time too.  Shaun Ellis, Alan Faneca, Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Braylon Edwards.  The problem is that they replaced those guys with crap. 

Very true.  Though (with the exception of 'Dancing Bear') those were some of my favorite Jets...and I was pissed when they left. 

Same can be said of Brad Smith and Jerricho. 

Darn! I wish he could play with a bad quarterback so you could feel vindicated about knowing what a bad player he's really been this decade despite the nine billion catches he's put up!!!!!!!!!

5 seasons but decade sounds better.

I think his 2 years 12 million is about all that needs to be said.  

The thing that really has to burn Pats fans is that between Welker and Decker, the Broncos now indisputably possess the grittiest receiving corps in the league. Can you imagine if Stokley comes back? Jim Nantz just creamed his Dockers.

LOL

Didn't we used to have Pats trolls ? Where are they ?

Wait for it.......

I think our own posters have become so inconsolable that they are now our defacto trolls.  

Not there yet......

on this one i agree with the Pats. Wes Welker had 2 chokiest chokes i've ever seen and he's only getting older. They can pay someone else to drop the ball in key situations. 

Almost there......

Patriots have $6 million but is wasn't to give to Welker.

Patriots agreed to terms with Danny Amendola, formerly of the Rams, on a five-year, $31 million contract.

This.

Weak!

I am sure Brady was so pleased yesterday!

Probably not, but t is not like they have not done something similar before (Branch, Givens, etc.)

From what I have read, Denver's offer was not much better than the Patriots.  And something last week spurred the Patriots to look at Amendola.  

Divorces are usually messy.

Probably not, but t is not like they have not done something similar before (Branch, Givens, etc.)

From what I have read, Denver's offer was not much better than the Patriots.  And something last week spurred the Patriots to look at Amendola.  

Divorces are usually messy.

How many 100 reception seasons did Branch and Givens have combined. And compare it to Welker. Brady's camp is enraged and 71% of the fans feel not signing Welker was a horrible move.

But nice attempt at sugar coating!

Archived