DE: Wilkerson, Coples

NT: Ellis

OLB: McIntyre, Sapp

ILB: Davis, Harris

CB: Cro, Revis(?), Wilson

S: Bush, Allen

K: ?

P: Malone

Pretty scary. How do you go about fixing that?

Good question, T0m. Here's how I'd look to do it.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that we get Tampa's #13 pick out of a Revis deal.

At #11, I take Jarvis Jones or Mingo, strictly based in need. Mingo scares me, but you hope they can get 10 sacks out of your rush linebacker. The bottom line here is that you can hide deficiencies on your defense by sacking the QB.

At #13, I'd try to trade down with someone who's in love with one of the tackles or corners. With the traded pick (assuming we drop to late teens, early twenties), take 1. Tyler Eifert or 2. Keenan Allen. Both are productive playmakers who can help lesser passers look better than they are.

In the second round, take a flier on Nassib or Manuel. I'm not in deep dark love with either, but the Jets need to start looking for a diamond in the rough that they can develop into a competitive QB. Worst case scenario, neither becomes great and you blew a second rounder. Best case scenario, you found a young, talented QB who can start for you at sone point.

Prediction: The Jets dont even bother fielding a complete roster and blame it on Rex Ryan to expedite his inevitable firing. 

Listen all ya all, its a sabotage!!! 

Don't you dare ruin Beastie Boys lyrics with your fagola schtick.

Tom.  Didn’t you do this same thread a few weeks ago?

Wow man you really seem to have lost your flair.  Hope the game hasn’t passed you by.

I suggest you do a rebuild. 

Put your current writers on PUP.  Hold  your own FA, and mini draft.  Don’t  compete (Post) until the 2014 season.  When your new writers will be in full sync.   Call upon your inner Rex

I have full confidence you can do it with a major rebound, and perhaps comeback poster of the year

QB: Garrard, unless Rex is in full death wish mode

RB: Bilal Powell

WR1: Holmes (if healthy)

WR2: Kerley

WR3: Hill

TE: Cumberland

LT: Brick

LG: Landolt(?)

C: Mangold

RG: Vlad

RT: Howard

no need to fix it. Afterall it is all about the QB. If Garrard is the man.....

SUPER BOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should just forfeit now. That way Idzik can make all the cuts, will have all the cap space, and his vision won't be clouded by having to work with Rex infected people. Take the 0-16 hit, draft another big name underlcassman QB, and we'll be good to go for The Future.

Not a bad thing either. Neither position makes enough of an impact to invest heavily in.

Tell that to the Saints who let their LT go because of the $$$ they've tied up in their OGs.  They believe, for their protection schemes, that offensive guard is more important to their team than OT....At least that's what their contracts say. 

Tom. Didn’t you do this same thread a few weeks ago?

Wow man you really seem to have lost your flair. Hope the game hasn’t passed you by.

I suggest you do a rebuild.

Put your current writers on PUP. Hold your own FA, and mini draft. Don’t compete (Post) until the 2014 season. When your new writers will be in full sync. Call upon your inner Rex

I have full confidence you can do it with a major rebound, and perhaps comeback poster of the year

Sh*t...did I?

QB: Garrard, unless Rex is in full death wish mode

RB: Bilal Powell

WR1: Holmes (if healthy)

WR2: Kerley

WR3: Hill

TE: Cumberland

LT: Brick

LG: Landolt(?)

C: Mangold

RG: Vlad

RT: Howard

I think Powell could be pretty decent.  Remember how bad he looked at the end of his rookie season?  The improvement was marked.  And I expect more improvement this year.  He was a good receiver in college, too.  I can live with Cro and Wilson.  We will draft a safety or sign one or two.  The LBs will not be worse than last year.  We have to get guards(draft one-sign one) who can start.  We will probably draft a TE and sign a serviceable wideout.  The starting D line is promising.  Now:  who is going to back up all of these studs?

ommitted to rebuilding over a 2-3 year period. fairly obvious. Hopefully smart young FA signings, use draft, build a new Core

This looks like the plan.  Now we just have to hope they know how to scout and draft.  And hope they find a coach who is good.

Because the way things are heading,  Rex could be in for a long year.

Tell that to the Saints who let their LT go because of the $$$ they've tied up in their OGs. They believe, for their protection schemes, that offensive guard is more important to their team than OT....At least that's what their contracts say.

Ah, how unconventional of them. It's as

Tell that to the Saints who let their LT go because of the $$$ they've tied up in their OGs.  They believe, for their protection schemes, that offensive guard is more important to their team than OT....At least that's what their contracts say. 

How unconventional So the $ to guards helps their offense significantly be great when it theoretically they could rest on the all powerful QB to just be good? How can they even afford big money to anyone with a 20 million dollar QB? 

Archived