Jets Eyeing Second Round QBs (merged)

Strangefunk

That's a bit of an unfounded concern.  Jets would never trade up until the team they're looking to trade with is actually on the clock.  I can totally get not wanting to trade up regardless (which I'd agree with unless the cost to do so is very low), but that's not much of a reason why.

That's why it's my nightmare.  I know it's unfounded, but until it doesn't happen, I'm riding with the notion that teams will hurt themselves just to eff us over. (totally facetious, but I get to have one of those every once in a while. It makes the sting of the real let downs hurt less)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You dont think they should take a chance on Geno in 2nd round? I dunno man. Worth the risk at this point. Is he really worse than what we currently have? And if he is then so what...we're def not worse off.

I'm not a fan of the QBS in this class. In my opinion, Geno Smith has already peaked. He will never be more than mediocre in the NFL. With so many needs, I would like to see the Jets Draft skill players and worry about QB next year. I would be fine with taking a QB late, but not at 39, and certainly not a trade up to get Smith. As crazy as it sounds, I think safety is the top priority. This is a deep safety class, but they are going like hotcakes!

That's why it's my nightmare.  I know it's unfounded, but until it doesn't happen, I'm riding with the notion that teams will hurt themselves just to eff us over. (totally facetious, but I get to have one of those every once in a while. It makes the sting of the real let downs hurt less)

Haha, fair enough.

No, it's what they should do but rex is running the show and he's absolutely clueless on O so who knows what they will do.

This cracks me up. Rex was halfway fired yesterday at this time, today he's in charge. Lol.

What would be your reaction to this:

"With the 33rd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select... Matt Barkley, quarterback, USC."

I have been feeling like I am going through some kind of nervous breakdown all day today.

I have never ever felt this way before, I may just be channeling my reaction ahead of time, to lesson the blow, and increase my chances of survival .

Schefter on Michael Kay..

Confirmed Jets making calls to move up but also said his gut feeling of the situation from everything he's heard is that the Jets can stay put and still land him at 39. 

Said if the Jets think he's the guy they should move up and get him.

"by the end of the night I have a feeling Geno will be a Jet"

Maybe you just haven't been watching the Jets draft the LAST 4 years when Rex was running the show. When they drafted exactly the same way.

Now, you are just confirming it.

Other than offensive linemen, there were 5 offensive players drafted yesterday. We picked 2 guys that were 1.) highly graded, 2.) great value in their draft spots, 3.) high-value positions. 

I don't care what side of the ball they line up on. The Jets came into the draft with a minimum of 8 needs. They addressed 2 of them, and did it with the best players they had available to them.

They very well might have drafted the best CB and the best pass-rushing DT in this draft. That's a coup.

more Schefter:

- plan was to go Dee Milliner at 9 and would have taken Austin at 13

- one coach told Schefter the best defensive player in the draft by a "wide margin" is Milliner

- was told Richardson is Sapp-like from another team

- thinks if they get Milliner, Richardson, and Geno you HAVE to consider it a success

Now, you are just confirming it.

Other than offensive linemen, there were 5 offensive players drafted yesterday. We picked 2 guys that were 1.) highly graded, 2.) great value in their draft spots, 3.) high-value positions. 

I don't care what side of the ball they line up on. The Jets came into the draft with a minimum of 8 needs. They addressed 2 of them, and did it with the best players they had available to them.

They very well might have drafted the best CB and the best pass-rushing DT in this draft. That's a coup.

DL and CB were one of their 8 needs? LOL

- Gives Rams best draft so far...  Moved up to get # 1 player on Bills board in Austin

- If Jets get Geno he really likes what they've done

ended the interview by saying:

"mark me down for Geno Smith for the Jets tonight"

Now if Smith is gone are they going to take Nassib here.

It would be a horrible decision. The odds any of these bums becomes a good qb is about 10%.

Build up the team around qb, suck real bad this year and take Bridgewater next year.

They can do all that and still get a QB tonight and comeback next year and draft Bridgewater, too.

- Gives Rams best draft so far...  Moved up to get # 1 player on Bills board in Austin

- If Jets get Geno he really likes what they've done

ended the interview by saying:

"mark me down for Geno Smith for the Jets tonight"

The Rams ran circles around the Jets in the draft and didn't give up a pick lol.

more Schefter:

- one coach told Schefter the best defensive player in the draft by a "wide margin" is Milliner

- thinks if they get Milliner, Richardson, and Geno you HAVE to consider it a success

Sooooo Schefter talked to Terry Bradway. How nice.

more Schefter:

Yup.

2 weeks ago, before all the "surgeries" talk started up to devalue him (which the Jets may have actually helped promote), he was mocked in most top 5 picks I saw. I think a lot of teams drafted left tackles out of need, and fear of not doing the conservative, safe thing with their top pick. Other than that, we have Jordan, Mingo and Ansah, 3 questions marks at OLB and Milliner, who its very clear can play his position. 

In my opinion, the 3 LTs and Milliner were the safest of the top 9 picks. We, as Jets fans, should know how easy it is to draft a bust "pass rusher" because of their measurements and potential. Saban's corners can play. Very low risk.

Yup.

2 weeks ago, before all the "surgeries" talk started up to devalue him (which the Jets may have actually helped promote), he was mocked in most top 5 picks I saw. I think a lot of teams drafted left tackles out of need, and fear of not doing the conservative, safe thing with their top pick. Other than that, we have Jordan, Mingo and Ansah, 3 questions marks at OLB and Milliner, who its very clear can play his position. 

In my opinion, the 3 LTs and Milliner were the safest of the top 9 picks. We, as Jets fans, should know how easy it is to draft a bust "pass rusher" because of their measurements and potential. Saban's corners can play. Very low risk.

You're insane with this statement. Name me the good Alabama CB's playing in the NFL. Go on, look it up, I'll wait. 

Archived