Giving up PSL - WIll Jets Sue Me?

fortmeister

I have seats on the aisle in Section 220A, Row 2, right next to the club seats.  These are great seats, but i just can't afford them anymore. I am on the 15 year PSL payment plan, and have paid all PSL payments when due so far (including earlier this year), but i can't afford the tickets anymore.  Will Jets sue me if I just don't buy the tickets and walk away from the PSL?

No, but they may send some of the boys around to kneecap you or take your wife and kids hostage.

Seriously, sorry to hear that you're having to give them up, but can totally understand that.  Good luck!

No, but they may send some of the boys around to kneecap you or take your wife and kids hostage.

Seriously, sorry to hear that you're having to give them up, but can totally understand that.  Good luck!

But then J&J will come over and Band-Aid the wounds.  So it's all good.  They might even wash your hair with some baby shampoo.

Were you unsatisfied with the course of this thread over at JI? Keep asking around and you're eventually gonna hear what you want.

Way to thank someone for signing up Captain.

I have seats on the aisle in Section 220A, Row 2, right next to the club seats.  These are great seats, but i just can't afford them anymore. I am on the 15 year PSL payment plan, and have paid all PSL payments when due so far (including earlier this year), but i can't afford the tickets anymore.  Will Jets sue me if I just don't buy the tickets and walk away from the PSL?

Consult a lawyer, not a message board.

Here's what I would do.  If I had 15 years to pay, and just didn't want to go to Jets games anymore, I would first try to sell it if possible.  Good luck with that.

I would pay at least one more year to see how the Jets would react.  Are they, or whoever they sell the debt to, really going to make my life miserable?  Or are they just going to screw my credit up? 

I'd follow someone, like you, to see how much, or little, agony they are going to put him thru.  This will be the year people will be defaulting.  The Jets will set a prescient.

Stay in touch with the board.  I'm sure there are a few people who are interested in how this comes out

my opinion......it will go similar to how any other unpaid debt might go. they will repo your psl. sell it to someone else (if they can) and then possibly try to scare you into paying the remainder of what you owed compared to what they were able to sell the psl for. i'd imagine it will hurt your credit too. doubtful they will actually sue you for the money.

The team will not sue you. When you financed the deal they were paid in full so you owe them nothing. It is the finance company / bank you used to buy the PSL that will eventually sell your debt to a debt collection company who will then come after you. Expect calls at 2am and many threatening letters. Also, next time you try to buy a car or get a mortgage you will have problems but........................don't worry, the Jets will still love you like an illegitimate child.

They should sue Sanchez instead. Just saying.

If you already made your psl payment, I think you would be allowed to pass on buying the tickets but still retain the psl.

Why haven't you just called and asked?

Because he is enjoying posting this on NY Jets message boards to get the opinion of the people. Good to see you but pretty sure you just ruined this thread.

If you already made your psl payment, I think you would be allowed to pass on buying the tickets but still retain the psl.

Why haven't you just called and asked?

Too busy cowering over nothing to actually get real answers. You and your silly adult logic. Stop it already. This is the internet, baybeeee.

• 2 weeks later...

Without giving away too much, again, we gave up our tickets. Were contacted by the Jets' ticket office this week, Basic idea-what ever we have paid toward the PSL is forfeited, but we will not be sued at this time. The Jets reserve the the right to pursue this in the future. In most states the breach of contract has to be instituted within 2 1/2 years from the breach.

I seriously doubt any NFL team is going to sue it's own fans.

We're out.

Without giving away too much, again, we gave up our tickets. Were contacted by the Jets' ticket office this week, Basic idea-what ever we have paid toward the PSL is forfeited, but we will not be sued at this time. The Jets reserve the the right to pursue this in the future. In most states the breach of contract has to be instituted within 2 1/2 years from the breach.

I seriously doubt any NFL team is going to sue it's own fans.

We're out.

Woody Johnson! this year could see a lot of people walking on their PSL's and this is the same guy pretending he understands politics cause he doesn't want to pay taxes on the money he never earned

Archived