Best Camp report EVER! KRL @ ji

eboozer

I just put ji back in the thread title.  We are over all that old stuff.

The link is in the first post for anyone that wants to check it out.  We definitely don't play those games here, our role is to make sure any good Jets content gets noticed so fans have the info.  And that is definitely a really good camp report.

Thanks for posting it.

And that is what makes this such a great and classy Jets site!!!!  Thanks, Max.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I am following what is going on here exactly, the thread title is confusing me.

As far as what I wrote today here about camp so far (http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/25/jets-camp-notes-0725/ and :http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/26/jets-camp-notes-0726/) those are basically notes\recaps from camp. We weren't allowed to cover it, the Jets denied our request again. Technically the Jets denied YES Network who asked us to cover camp on their behalf.

So all we can do is go by what others right. There is no way we can justify having someone there first hand and paying travel \ hotel etc when they would have to sit in the stands. We wanted to have someone there throughout camp and provide free reports but again, the Jets said no.

We did cover Jets West though. :)

Doesn't T0M live at the Econolodge year round anyways? He wouldn't take one for the team?

Hit me up next year. My inlaws are 30 min away fr there and if I wasn't getting married this year I would take the vacation.

Congrats!!!!  Hope it will be a blessed union.

I'll look forward to your report next year (if wifey will let you out of the house for that long!  lol)

How the **** is it disturbing? Who the hell did you expect to start?  Ricky Sapp?  Do you want to re-sign Bryan Thomas?  Give me a ******* break.  Pace has started and played well for this team since Rex got here.  Playing Guy McIntyre isn't going to make the defense faster and newsflash, he's next up at OLB.  They did not need to replace every player on the defense.  A little more speed can go a long way. 

Agree. I totally disagree on the Pace comment, but it's still good info. 

Regardless, it's disturbing. You're comfortable with Pace? Personally, I believe it is disturbing to think that we may be starting Calvin Pace at OLB again this season. That doesn't mean I believe Ricky Sapp or McIntye are better options. I certainly don't care for McIntyre. But to think we have no one better concerns me, yes. It disturbs me, yes. But then, this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, right? So I shouldn't be too upset.

Regardless, it's disturbing. You're comfortable with Pace? Personally, I believe it is disturbing to think that we may be starting Calvin Pace at OLB again this season. That doesn't mean I believe Ricky Sapp or McIntye are better options. I certainly don't care for McIntyre. But to think we have no one better concerns me, yes. It disturbs me, yes. But then, this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, right? So I shouldn't be too upset.

Here's the press interview of Rex regarding his defense.  

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/726-Rex-I-Want-Guys-to-Earn-It/7623db16-6b51-424b-bd9a-0f7f285e91d7

"The usual suspects, you know, pick out a guy; Calvin and David, stood out to me, obviously Mo but that's an almost an everyday deal.  I think we're going to be fast on defense.  I like the communication...we might be able to put base defense out there to cover 3-wide".

Like #27 is saying, we don't need to be blazing fast at every position.  If we can get pressure from our 3-down dudes, we're going to need run support to come from the edge and up the middle; I think Coples, Pace and Harris can really excel in that role.  

If it's an obvious passing situation bring in Barnes and Sapp and let the heat fly.  But, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Pace aside from hoping he'd answer our pass rushing needs.  That's not his game anymore, nor does it need to be.   

Totally comfortable.  Happy even.  Am I in love with Pace? Nah, but I like him better than Thomas and I'd have been okay with Thomas back to man one side.  This isn't Madden and the Jets D was already borderline beastly.

Can we stress enough that today's practice wasnt in pads?

There are really zero takeaways from a non padded football practice.

If the report was skewed in the negative, talking about the QB's finishing a combined 4-20 with 4 INTs, I'm 100% positive you wouldn't have posted this.

Totally comfortable.  Happy even.  Am I in love with Pace? Nah, but I like him better than Thomas and I'd have been okay with Thomas back to man one side.  This isn't Madden and the Jets D was already borderline beastly.

Exactly.

Pace as one of the lower tier starters isn't a bad thing.  Pace as one of the most important guys on the defense is.

And that is what makes this such a great and classy Jets site!!!!  Thanks, Max.

Thanks but please don't call this site classy again.  It is acceptable to refer to me as classy.  But check out some of the mods and please refrain from calling the site as a whole classy.  :)

I have to say, that IS disturbing. This defense needs to get faster. Starting Pace would not accomplish that. Ryan needs his binkies and security blankets.

If the choices are Barnes, McIntyre and Pace it's possible he's the most complete player. 

Can T0m drive to Cortland again and force himself to drink his way through the Green and White scrimmage as JN's official correspondent?

According to another thread, he and DLJ will be sharing a cot in Cortland.  He offered her the cot in his room.  But if I know T0m...

It's already been said but to reiterate:

Calvin Pace as the JAG OLB starter >>>>>>>> Bryant Thomas and friends as the JAG OLB starter

Personally, I think this is a very positive sign for the D. Pace was a higher quality starter in his prime than Thomas and in his decline is still a quality role LB/DL to put on the field for a good D. He was always a little under appreciated by Jet fans due to the focus on money in today's game (all sports). 

He was always a little under appreciated by Jet fans due to the focus on money in today's game (all sports).

I agree, totally unreasonable to focus on money when judging a player. I mean it's not like we're restricted by a salary cap. Santonio has been decent for us if you think of him in the same sense as Clyde Gates but fans are petty and single minded in their views.

I agree, totally unreasonable to focus on money when judging a player. I mean it's not like we're restricted by a salary cap. Santonio has been decent for us if you think of him in the same sense as Clyde Gates but fans are petty and single minded in their views.

Pace was worth his contract. Holmes was not. Luckily it's the NFL so the team can duck out on Holmes next year. sh*t happens. 

Can T0m drive to Cortland again and force himself to drink his way through the Green and White scrimmage as JN's official correspondent?

I DON'T LIVE IN THE ECONOLODGE.

I could probably go up to the Green and White Scrimmage if anyone wants my REALITY BASED AGENDA FREE analysis.

Totally agree.  I just personally have zero connections up there.  Would love to have a fan recap practice every day.  When it was at Hofstra that is what we did most days.  Same when it is at Florham Park, we always have someone there.  Just don't know anyone up at SUNY that can cover it regularly but I am definitely open to suggestions.

And we can get crazy exposure for anyone that wanted to help out.  Thanks.

Anthony Weiner may be available..

I DON'T LIVE IN THE ECONOLODGE.

I could probably go up to the Green and White Scrimmage if anyone wants my REALITY BASED AGENDA FREE analysis.

Tom we will pay your tolls if you cover it.  :)  And you get $7 for lunch.  That is a way better deal than Dennis got to go out to Jets West.  You should take it.  :)

The LB's were FAR from beastly. That's the problem. I lost count of the number of times I watched Pace get beat in coverage and had to look at the #97 on his back trying to chase the ball carrier. I like Pace as a back-up. I wouldn't mind Thomas as a back-up. But if Pace starts this year, he's a liability out there IMO. The game has gotten faster and he has gotten slower. Not a good combination.

It's already been said but to reiterate:

Calvin Pace as the JAG OLB starter >>>>>>>> Bryant Thomas and friends as the JAG OLB starter

Personally, I think this is a very positive sign for the D. Pace was a higher quality starter in his prime than Thomas and in his decline is still a quality role LB/DL to put on the field for a good D. He was always a little under appreciated by Jet fans due to the focus on money in today's game (all sports). 

No argument there in terms of money. Pace is a lot more palatable at a $620K cap hit as opposed to the $7M or whatever it was. David Harris will have a lot of pressure to perform this year to earn his $13M. Wow.

Archived