Sanchez the worst QB EVER that has started 4 cons. seasons

JohnnyLV

And if we had had a decent QB, we could have been dominant. I agree with a previous poster that what the Jets did for the first two years made sense. But he needed a competent backup in 2011 and last year he needed no extension and true competition because the writing was on the wall that we had seen his ceiling. Alas, 1 of the 10 Sanchez lovers still left is our head coach.....

I think Rex only loved Sanchez last year in comparison to Tebow and McElroy. And he eventually sat him for McElroy - a guy who's going to struggle to make the roster this year. If Rex had a viable option on the roster last season, this BS love argument goes out the window.

We'll see how soon he sits Sanchez in favor of Geno. Get a better idea of the love levels, then.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dare you demonize the victim?

wrecks has this information and still gets the tattoo..  He's a simple thinker who has overemphasized Sanchez's role in the 2 championship games for year. A thinner version of pac basically 

Tanny's failures made it nearly impossible to rid the Jets of Sanchez. It's almost over and then you can find someone else to hate.

Oh, I'm not disputing that in the least, and again, it's a big part of the reason why Tanny was not only fired by the Jets, but doesn't even have a job anywhere in the NFL.  That still doesn't do anything to excuse Sanchez's ineptitude.

The other option is the Jets could simply not suck ass for a change and then I won't need to hate anyone.

I think Rex only loved Sanchez last year in comparison to Tebow and McElroy. And he eventually sat him for McElroy - a guy who's going to struggle to make the roster this year. If Rex had a viable option on the roster last season, this BS love argument goes out the window.

We'll see how soon he sits Sanchez in favor of Geno. Get a better idea of the love levels, then.

If Rex felt saddled by Sanchez, he could have played either Tebow or McElroy at any point last season and nobody would have thought twice about it.

This article makes light of two very troubling problems in the Jets personnel office:

They are painfully, by far, the slowest in evaluating quarterback (and probably offensive) talent.

- therefore it stands to explain why they gave Sanchez Franchise QB status.

-while we have a new GM, the rest of the staff was involved in this recent draft and we have to write off most criticism on Idzik for it. Lots of that staff was canned.

-While excited for Geno, no logical argument exists that the Jets made the right choice.

-Therfore, temper your expectations.

Disagree with the bold.  How is there no logical argument?  He was the top-rated QB that was available in the 2nd round.  He had a monster senior season where he only threw 6 picks.  I think that was the perfect choice. 

Disagree with the bold.  How is there no logical argument?  He was the top-rated QB that was available in the 2nd round.  He had a monster senior season where he only threw 6 picks.  I think that was the perfect choice. 

I think he was valuable as a 2nd, I'm just saying, the Jets wouldn't know offensive talent if it smacked them right in the face. So, fingers crossed that this kid is the answer. A lot of other teams, that generally all proved they're better at ranking QB's than us, with a lot of data to back it up, passed on him. Just a thought experiment, that's all.

Not Coors?  Don't they give a crap about Coors?

I actually think the 2010 Jets were a powerhouse.  Yes, their record wasn't insanely good, but they were a nasty, nasty team to play. There was not a team in the league that would pencil in a win against them. They only lost two games by more than 4 points all season and in one of those they held the opponent to single digits.  Sure they got blown out by the Pats, but they also beat them twice. I guess it depends how you define powerhouse.  If you mean the all-time great, certainly not, but they were one of the best teams that year.

I think they could have been a powerhouse, but thanks to their QB mostly, they were not.  Doesn't mean they weren't good.  Just not as dominant like you'd expect a team with the #1 running game AND #1 defense to be.

I kind of agree. I got the impression early on that Rex really resented having Tebow forced on him (not that I blame him for that) and wasn't going to play him - but when Tebow was injured, McElroy got the start.

Tebow set the franchise back a year in that instead of drafting a QB, they got Tebow and sat on their f*cking hands another year.

2009 team > 2010 team, IMO.

I partially agree.  I prefer Jones to Tomlinson, but when Jenkins was playing that D was sick. Didn't last though. 

I think they could have been a powerhouse, but thanks to their QB mostly, they were not.  Doesn't mean they weren't good.  Just not as dominant like you'd expect a team with the #1 running game AND #1 defense to be.

Yeah.  I believe they were, but when I was typing it out I realized it was really just semantics.  Like when I want kill everybody on this board for using the term "franchise"

I kind of agree. I got the impression early on that Rex really resented having Tebow forced on him (not that I blame him for that) and wasn't going to play him - but when Tebow was injured, McElroy got the start.

Tebow set the franchise back a year in that instead of drafting a QB, they got Tebow and sat on their f*cking hands another year.

Tim Tebow didn't keep this team from drafting a quarterback. The idiot bloodlust to justify drafting and extending Mark Sanchez kept this team from drafting a quarterback.

Oh, I'm not disputing that in the least, and again, it's a big part of the reason why Tanny was not only fired by the Jets, but doesn't even have a job anywhere in the NFL.  That still doesn't do anything to excuse Sanchez's ineptitude.

The other option is the Jets could simply not suck ass for a change and then I won't need to hate anyone.

I don't think that's an option. Ha

If Rex felt saddled by Sanchez, he could have played either Tebow or McElroy at any point last season and nobody would have thought twice about it.

Except that Tebow and McElroy are worse than Sanchez, so someone would've said something eventually. As much as people like to mock the comment, Sanchez really did give the team the best chance to win. Sorry situation, but that's what it was.

Except that Tebow and McElroy are worse than Sanchez, so someone would've said something eventually. As much as people like to mock the comment, Sanchez really did give the team the best chance to win. Sorry situation, but that's what it was.

There were many, many points during last season where it was literally impossible to be worse than Mark Sanchez and his team knew it and they played like it.

We know for an undeniable fact that statement was not true for at least one game last season; the Cardinals game.  So while I'm sure it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference in plenty of the games, its tough to say McElroy couldn't have done something more against some of the really crap teams Sanchez played horrendous against and the Jets lost to (e.g., Titans).

We know for an undeniable fact that statement was not true for at least one game last season; the Cardinals game.  So while I'm sure it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference in plenty of the games, its tough to say McElroy couldn't have done something more against some of the really crap teams Sanchez played horrendous against and the Jets lost to (e.g., Titans).

The simple fact is that horrible as he was Sanchez was more likely to give us a chance to win.  The only thing McElroy did was not lose the Cardinals game. McElroy had 29 yards passing in that game. Didn't he take over at the half?  He gained 5 yards on 4 carries and I think his best play was taking a late hit out of bounds. The only drive he scored on he attempted three passes, completed two, one for 8 yards and the other the 1 yard TD.  The rest of the drive was Powell, Greene and the unecessary roughness.  Basically he did nothing and didn't lose the game.  That is what Sanchez did for most of his first two years, but Sanchez has a bigger arm and much more potential than McElroy and they obviously were not fond of what Tebow brought to the table. 

The simple fact is that horrible as he was Sanchez was more likely to give us a chance to win. The only thing McElroy did was not lose the Cardinals game. McElroy had 29 yards passing in that game. Didn't he take over at the half? He gained 5 yards on 4 carries and I think his best play was taking a late hit out of bounds. The only drive he scored on he attempted three passes, completed two, one for 8 yards and the other the 1 yard TD. The rest of the drive was Powell, Greene and the unecessary roughness. Basically he did nothing and didn't lose the game. That is what Sanchez did for most of his first two years, but Sanchez has a bigger arm and much more potential than McElroy and they obviously were not fond of what Tebow brought to the table.

Can you define "potential"?

Can you define "potential"?

He did it in other seasons.  The board wants to argue that winning a super bowl is the only goal.  We all know they weren't winning one with any of last year's stiffs, but of the three I think Sanchez gave the best chance.  McElroy may be less likely to lose to stiffs like the Titans and Cards, but he also had no chance to beat the Ravens or Pats. None.  Sanchez has beaten those teams in the past. Obviously he was a disaster last year, but he has more arm than McElroy or Tebow. 

He did it in other seasons

Did what? His QBR is roughly the same now as it was when he was a rookie.

The board wants to argue that winning a super bowl is the only goal.

Stupid board! Also, what?

We all know they weren't winning one with any of last year's stiffs, but of the three I think Sanchez gave the best chance.

If you're not winning a Super Bowl, your only goal is to work towards winning a Super Bowl. Wheeling Sanchez out there week after week to wreck the team doesn't help that effort at all.

McElroy may be less likely to lose to stiffs like the Titans and Cards, but he also had no chance to beat the Ravens or Pats.

The 2012 Mark Sanchez Jets had no chance against those teams, either.

None. Sanchez has beaten those teams in the past. Obviously he was a disaster last year, but he has more arm than McElroy or Tebow.

You wouldn't replace Sanchez last year (or year before) based on arm strength/ you replace him to show the team that you, as a Head Coach, won't tolerate letting one player lose games for you week in and week out without penalty.

Sanchez's QB rating against Detroit was 99.8 -- sounds great.  Meanwhile he scored just as many points for Detroit as he did for the Jets.  

Net points scored = zero.  But statistically, this zero-point effort probably would have been one of Sanchez's 10 best games if it came in the regular season.

Archived