Sanchez is going to be the starter

Maxman

I had to laugh out loud when Sanchez described his pick six to the sideline reporter. "I tried to loft it over him, but the guy jumped out of the gym to get his hands on it." What a load of bullsh*t. Sanchez threw that pass flat footed, on a flat trajectory to Ezekiel Ansah who barely had to reach his hands over his head to get it. Does Sanchez really believe the crap he says? That is the SIXTH time he has thrown a pick six to a defensive lineman - which has GOT to be an NFL record. He sucks so bad and what is worse is that he really doesn't know it.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would it destroy Geno?  Worse teams then the Jets have thrown out rookie QBs and it didn't destroy them.  If they get destroyed they probably weren't going to be great QBs to begin with.  Good way to find out what he actually will be in this league.

Also I don't hate anybody it's sports not life or death.  Both Rex and Sanchez have shown they aren't capable of doing the jobs they constantly been given.  Rex is a great D coordinator masquerading as a head coach and Sanchez is well, the worst starting QB in the NFL.

That is just utter BS and I'm sick of seeing fans saying that ignorant pile of crap.  You have no clue what it takes to succeed at QB in the NFL.  It's funny that for most of the NFL's history, rookie QBs haven't started.  They sat for at least a year if not 2-3 before they started.  This attitude that they have to start now or it means they suck is just mindless stupidity and has absolutely zero basis in fact.  It shows more about the fan than it does about the QB.  It shows a lack of understanding, patience, and that the fans just want immediate satisfaction/gratification.  If that's what you want, go masturbate, because that isn't reality in the NFL.

McElroy has to take some of the blame for that many sacks, but most of that has to go on the OL and OC.  One game, where his stat line was pretty decent aside from the sacks, is not enough to judge a player.  To flat out say that he is a 3rd stringer or sucks is just silly and nonsensical.  The only thing we know for certain is that he has less arm strength than either Sanchez or Geno. There's no way he can be as bad as Sanchez.

That's your opinion, what teams wanted McElroy after they saw him play last season?

They're interchangeable in this defense.  The fact that Kyle Wilson was getting safety snaps, and Jarrett just replaced Allen with the ones, tells me that anything can happen. 

Yes, but the depth chart shows Jarrett and Allen at one safety position and Landry and Bush at the other and Rex made a point of saying that's how they're doing it.  He could change his mind, of course, or Wilson could do so well that Rex changes things some more, but as things presently exist, I wouldn't count on Bush and Landry starting together.  Rex said that Jarrett would be practicing with the ones this week instead of Allen.  Bush had a better game than Jarrett.  If he were going to change as you suggested, why wouldn't he have said Bush will get the time with the ones along with Landry instead of Jarrett?

That's your opinion, what teams wanted McElroy after they saw him play last season?

What do you mean what teams wanted McElroy?  He wasn't on the market.  If any team had expressed interest in him, it would have been tampering.  So he had a bad game.  Say what you want, but judging a player based on one game as a starter is nuts.  I doubt you'll find many fans that would support or agree with you about that.

What do you mean what teams wanted McElroy?  He wasn't on the market.  If any team had expressed interest in him, it would have been tampering.  So he had a bad game.  Say what you want, but judging a player based on one game as a starter is nuts.  I doubt you'll find many fans that would support or agree with you about that.

Teams would of traded for him if he had any value after last season. The only reason anyone discusses McElroy is because of their hatred for Sanchez. McElroy isn't Kurt Warner.

Teams would of traded for him if he had any value after last season. The only reason anyone discusses McElroy is because of their hatred for Sanchez. McElroy isn't Kurt Warner.

How would a 3rd string QB who only got to start one game become so valuable that a team would want to trade for him?  Further, why would the Jets have wanted to trade him?  Sorry, that makes no sense to me.

McElroy is definitely no Warner, but he doesn't have to be.  That doesn't mean he might not be a quality backup WCO QB.  Whereas he doesn't have Sanchez' arm strength, he isn't as stupid as Sanchez, either, and that means a lot imo. He seems to be more accurate and poised.  He could prove to not be very good, but should be given an opportunity.  Sanchez has had more than ample opportunity and we know that he sucks.  I'd rather go with a noodle arm QB who is smart and accurate and who won't continually embarrass the team than go with Sanchez.

We could have got Peyton Manning to sign here and this coaching staff would have dragged his trade value down to a conditional late round pick by years end.

Yes, but the depth chart shows Jarrett and Allen at one safety position and Landry and Bush at the other and Rex made a point of saying that's how they're doing it.  He could change his mind, of course, or Wilson could do so well that Rex changes things some more, but as things presently exist, I wouldn't count on Bush and Landry starting together.  Rex said that Jarrett would be practicing with the ones this week instead of Allen.  Bush had a better game than Jarrett.  If he were going to change as you suggested, why wouldn't he have said Bush will get the time with the ones along with Landry instead of Jarrett?

:eusa_shifty: 

How would a 3rd string QB who only got to start one game become so valuable that a team would want to trade for him?  Further, why would the Jets have wanted to trade him?  Sorry, that makes no sense to me.

McElroy is definitely no Warner, but he doesn't have to be.  That doesn't mean he might not be a quality backup WCO QB.  Whereas he doesn't have Sanchez' arm strength, he isn't as stupid as Sanchez, either, and that means a lot imo. He seems to be more accurate and poised.  He could prove to not be very good, but should be given an opportunity.  Sanchez has had more than ample opportunity and we know that he sucks.  I'd rather go with a noodle arm QB who is smart and accurate and who won't continually embarrass the team than go with Sanchez.

Ok, you don't care who starts as long as it is not Sanchez. We can stop pretending McElroy matter, ok?

We could have got Peyton Manning to sign here and this coaching staff would have dragged his trade value down to a conditional late round pick by years end.

The Jets could never get someone like a Manning because of the lack of talent that would surround him. Good point though.

He does look ahead of him. Geno really seems to have bought into the "don't beat himself" idea which showed the way he played. He was incredibly conservative.

Sanchez was decent on the whole and unlike Geno played with a bit of aggression, but that throw just sums him up, it's a matter of when rather than if and always has been with him. Him crediting the defensive play afterwards really doesn't make it any better, ffs he threw it straight to him. 

I wanted to see Geno week 1, but I'm starting to agree with those saying let Sanchez take the lumps while Geno develops a little more, by all accounts he's made pretty good progress since the spring so there's no need to stunt that by throwing him to the wolves. Whether the team can be decent or not I don't know, but this offense is going to be a trainwreck regardless.

I think the beginnig of your quote has you on the right track. Nothing wrong with being cautious early, and assessing your situation making sure you don't make the big mistakes like Sanchez does, as long as you are growing, learning, and getting more comfortable in your situation slowly gaining that confidence to make the aggressive play when needed, but also keeping the cautious nature to know to THROW THE ******* BALL AT THE FEET OF THE INTENDED RECIEVER WHEN HE IS ON THE FLOOR OF A BLOWN UP SCREEN PASS, that is like QB 101.

Take a look at these game logs for a Rookie NFL QB last year in his first 7 games, to me it tells a story of a guy who wasn't quite ready to be aggresive, BUT did not turn the football over much keeping his team in games, and with the conservative approach the defense helped the team go 4-3 during this stretch.

Wk Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate RushAtt Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

1 18 34 52.9 153 4.5 1 1 3 14 62.5 8 20 2.5 0 1 1

2 15 20 75.0 151 7.6 1 0 2 18 112.7 4 28 7.0 0 -- --

3 10 21 47.6 130 6.2 2 0 1 19 99.3 3 18 6.0 0 -- --

4 17 25 68.0 160 6.4 0 3 2 20 45.8 7 14 2.0 0 -- --

5 19 25 76.0 221 8.8 1 2 2 9 82.2 5 12 2.4 0 -- --

6 16 27 59.3 293 11 3 0 2 10 133.7 5 17 3.4 0 1 1

7 9 23 39.1 122 5.3 0 1 2 7 38.7 3 10 3.3 0 -- --

Now here is the next 9 game logs for this QB going 7-2 in those 9 games(Note the first one his team actually lost, and as you can see from his stats it was not on him, his teams defense just did not show up that day)

WK Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate RushAtt Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

8 25 35 71.4 236 6.7 2 1 0 0 96.8 1 9 9.0 0 -- --

9 16 24 66.7 173 7.2 3 0 1 8 127.3 9 27 3.0 0 1 0

10 12 19 63.2 188 9.9 2 0 4 22 131.0 7 34 4.9 0 2 1

12 21 27 77.8 224 8.3 2 0 2 8 125.9 5 38 7.6 0 -- --

13 23 37 62.2 293 7.9 2 0 2 10 104.9 9 71 7.9 0 -- --

14 7 13 53.8 148 11 1 1 1 7 88.0 3 12 4.0 0 -- --

15 14 23 60.9 205 8.9 1 0 2 9 104.4 9 92 10.2 3 -- --

16 15 21 71.4 171 8.1 4 1 1 1 115.3 6 29 4.8 0 -- --

17 15 19 78.9 250 13 1 0 6 41 136.3 10 58 5.8 1 1 0

Playoff Stats 2 games played

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate RushAtt Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

39 62 62.9 572 9.2 3 1 7 48 102.4 15 127 8.5 1 1 0

Now if you actually read through the whole post you probably would figure out this QB is Russell Wilson, now I know I probably will get killed for comparing the 2 QB's, but whatever. From watching the games, and looking over the stat lines I know R Wilson was not ready to make the big plays a QB needs to make to win games for 60 minutes, and the coach's knew this, and protected him with a good running game, and a good defense, and Wilson in turn DID NOT throw games in the toilet by giving the other team free points like say a Mark Sanchez does. Now maybe, just maybe G Smith can pull a R Wilson, start week 1 even thou he just isn't quite comfortable with the speed of the NFL, BUT unlike Sanchez be conservative, and not turn the ball over giving the Jets Rushing game, and Defense the chance to win the games, and hopefully somewhere along the way like R Wilson did, get comfortable with the NFL game, and start leading the team to wins instead of giving them a chance to win by not turning it over, and if that would happen around the same time say week 8, or 9 maybe the Jets D could carry them to a 4-4 record, BUT IF M Sanchez starts, and continues to be a turnover machine, and the Jets start say 1-4 before handing the reigns over to G Smith, and Smith is the QB we hope he is, the season is shot because it would take till about week 13 for Smith to start firing on all cylinders, to late to make a run, and just enough to kill the Jets draft position for next year.

And IF G. Smith is a bust I would rather let him suck the whole 17 weeks, and giving the Jets a shot at drafting the next franchise QB in the 1st round of the 2014 draft, or Clowney, and the QB in the 2nd round again, wash repeat till the franchise QB is finally in place no matter how many years it takes drafting one, with the new CBA drafting a QB in the 1st round does not set you back 5 years salary wise anymore.

^ Ben Roethlisberger threw a similar pass tonight against the Giants. It was a screen pass that got blown up; he tried lofting it over the defender but it was batted down and just as easily could have been caught and ran back.  

Cam Newton threw a pick six.

Matt Moore threw a pick six.

Joe Flacco threw an int.

Jay Cutler threw an int.

20 Qbs total threw interceptions in their preseason debut (3 of them threw two). 

I'm not saying this eradicates Mark Sanchez, but perhaps the sky isn't falling the way some of us would have you believe.  

^ Ben Roethlisberger threw a similar pass tonight against the Giants. It was a screen pass that got blown up; he tried lofting it over the defender but it was batted down and just as easily could have been caught and ran back.

Joe Flacco threw an int.

Jay Cutler threw an int.

20 Qbs total threw interceptions in their preseason debut (3 of them threw two).

I'm not saying this eradicates Mark Sanchez, but perhaps the sky isn't falling the way some of us would have you believe.

The rest of them aren't Mark Sanchez, if you missed the last 4 years I could understand how this might seem like an overreaction and for the record Kellen Winslow ruined Mark's second attempt at a pick 6

The rest of them aren't Mark Sanchez, if you missed the last 4 years I could understand how this might seem like an overreaction and for the record Kellen Winslow ruined Mark's second attempt at a pick 6

Your refusal to be rational is pretty comical. With the exception of Flacco, none of the other QB's have won in the playoffs, except for Sanchez who has won multiple road playoff games.

Joe Flacco threw an int.

Jay Cutler threw an int.

So I finally got to watch the game replay on NFL Network.    I don't see how anyone can say that was a good performance by Sanchez.   He is STILL making the same mistakes that have led to 60 turnovers in 2 seasons.   

I understand that int's happen in football but who was Mark even throwing the ball to?     The RB was on the ground and there was nobody even close to the play so who was he throwing to?  

Other than that he was lucky he didn't throw another pick 6 on the Winslow play.   That easily could have gone the other way and he had another misfire behind Powell that could have been picked.    All in all Sanchez did nothing to indicate he won't be a turnover waiting to happen if the Jets put him on the field.  

Your refusal to be rational is pretty comical. With the exception of Flacco, none of the other QB's have won in the playoffs, except for Sanchez who has won multiple road playoff games.

Rothlessburger has done ok, even his rape only really hurt us since it led to the Santonio trade. Matt Moore is entirely irrelevant(but could beat out Mark) and sign me up for Cutler or Newton. I'd probably get pissed at Cutler but at least his picks wont be to a ******* lineman every game. I guess I'm being irrational though getting pissed watching Mark throw 2 near pick 6's at the LOS. It's not like I've had to watch him do the same sh*t for 4 years. He did win playoff games though! You should get a tattoo about it

So I finally got to watch the game replay on NFL Network.    I don't see how anyone can say that was a good performance by Sanchez.   He is STILL making the same mistakes that have led to 60 turnovers in 2 seasons.   

10-13 is better than usual for Sanchez. It wasn't exactly good but it was better than Geno. 

The upside?  How about not getting Geno seriously injured while the OL gets their act together?  How about not throwing him to the wolves when he isn't ready to read Ds and see the blitz coming?  How about not risking ruining his potential by destroying his confidence or having him get in bad habits because he's not ready to play at a high level?

Yes, Sanchez sucks.  Ideally, the Jets would have had another QB that could have started instead of Sanchez while Geno was developing.  Perhaps Idzik made a mistake by going with Garrard instead of Campbell or Gradkowski, but it is what it is and we have to live with it.  Starting Sanchez is the lesser of two evils if Geno isn't ready to start game 1.  There's just no other wise course of action.

These are just silly simplistic arguments. The OL is the least of the Jets problems just like it was last season and ANY QB can get hurt playing behind ANY OL. The league is also filled with QB's who played right away as rookies and if getting hit or making mistakes is going to ruin Smith then guess what, he isn't going to be the answer for the Jets at QB and they need to be able to gather as much information as possible in order to make that call. Starting a guy we KNOW will be the worst starter in the NFL and WE KNOW won't be on the team next season presents zero upside. 

10-13 is better than usual for Sanchez. It wasn't exactly good but it was better than Geno. 

10-13, including the mistake that was the reason the Jets were outscored while he was on the field. Thats what garbage players do. Even when they play well at points, they always make the killer mistake to cost you the game as well. 

Rothlessburger has done ok, even his rape only really hurt us since it led to the Santonio trade. Matt Moore is entirely irrelevant(but could beat out Mark) and sign me up for Cutler or Newton. I'd probably get pissed at Cutler but at least his picks wont be to a ******* lineman every game. I guess I'm being irrational though getting pissed watching Mark throw 2 near pick 6's at the LOS. It's not like I've had to watch him do the same sh*t for 4 years. He did win playoff games though! You should get a tattoo about it

Football is a 11 vs. 11 game you realize that, right? Sanchez has had a revolving door for OC's and teammates, he needs to improve as a player but how about some help.

Football is a 11 vs. 11 game you realize that, right? Sanchez has had a revolving door for OC's and teammates, he needs to improve as a player but how about some help.

Ok, I'm the irrational one? hahaha

I do realize it's an 11 on 11 game. If it wasn't we dont make the playoffs at all his first 2 years

Ok, you don't care who starts as long as it is not Sanchez. We can stop pretending McElroy matter, ok?

That's not what I said.  I said McElroy is probably better than Sanchez.  It would be very hard for him to be as bad as Sanchez.  It's possible, but would be very bad.  I'd rather McElroy start at this point instead of Smith if it comes to that, but the main point is that Geno is not ready and should not be rushed.  If that means Sanchez starts until Geno is ready, he starts and we all have to deal with it, and the same goes for McElroy.  The bottom line is that they shouldn't screw around with Geno.  They need to give him a chance to develop.

These are just silly simplistic arguments. The OL is the least of the Jets problems just like it was last season and ANY QB can get hurt playing behind ANY OL. The league is also filled with QB's who played right away as rookies and if getting hit or making mistakes is going to ruin Smith then guess what, he isn't going to be the answer for the Jets at QB and they need to be able to gather as much information as possible in order to make that call. Starting a guy we KNOW will be the worst starter in the NFL and WE KNOW won't be on the team next season presents zero upside. 

10-13, including the mistake that was the reason the Jets were outscored while he was on the field. Thats what garbage players do. Even when they play well at points, they always make the killer mistake to cost you the game as well. 

Sanchez is irrelevant.  What's important is what Geno needs to give him the best chance to succeed.  If you can't understand that, then you don't understand anything about football.  Players are people, and in case you haven't noticed, everyone is different. They're not stamped out with cookie cutters.

I guess common sense and logic are just silly and simplistic and went over your head.  My bad.  Do you want to tell lots of former and present NFL GMs and HCs that have made the same decisions for the same reasons that they are wrong and stupid for being silly and simplistic or should I just forward your posts to them?

If you seriously think the Jets' OL is the least of their problems, then you need to take football 101 or perhaps give up football and begin watching another sport because you don't understand a darned thing about football.  How many penalties did the OL commit last night?  How many drives and potential drives did they kill with penalties?  How many strip sacks did they allow?  Peterman is at best a questionable backup OG, much less starter.  Colon has an injury history and penalty history.  Winters is a rookie.  Vlad sucks.  Schauderaff sucks.  Howard is meh.  Brick can't run block for sh!t. If the OL can't open any holes for the RBs or give the QB enough time to make his reads and complete passes, it won't matter who is playing those positions for the Jets.  Yeah, the OL is definitely the least of their problems.  FOFLMAO!!!!

I think the beginnig of your quote has you on the right track. Nothing wrong with being cautious early, and assessing your situation making sure you don't make the big mistakes like Sanchez does, as long as you are growing, learning, and getting more comfortable in your situation slowly gaining that confidence to make the aggressive play when needed, but also keeping the cautious nature to know to THROW THE ******* BALL AT THE FEET OF THE INTENDED RECIEVER WHEN HE IS ON THE FLOOR OF A BLOWN UP SCREEN PASS, that is like QB 101.

Take a look at these game logs for a Rookie NFL QB last year in his first 7 games, to me it tells a story of a guy who wasn't quite ready to be aggresive, BUT did not turn the football over much keeping his team in games, and with the conservative approach the defense helped the team go 4-3 during this stretch.

Wk Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate RushAtt Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

1 18 34 52.9 153 4.5 1 1 3 14 62.5 8 20 2.5 0 1 1

2 15 20 75.0 151 7.6 1 0 2 18 112.7 4 28 7.0 0 -- --

3 10 21 47.6 130 6.2 2 0 1 19 99.3 3 18 6.0 0 -- --

4 17 25 68.0 160 6.4 0 3 2 20 45.8 7 14 2.0 0 -- --

5 19 25 76.0 221 8.8 1 2 2 9 82.2 5 12 2.4 0 -- --

6 16 27 59.3 293 11 3 0 2 10 133.7 5 17 3.4 0 1 1

7 9 23 39.1 122 5.3 0 1 2 7 38.7 3 10 3.3 0 -- --

Now here is the next 9 game logs for this QB going 7-2 in those 9 games(Note the first one his team actually lost, and as you can see from his stats it was not on him, his teams defense just did not show up that day)

WK Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate RushAtt Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

8 25 35 71.4 236 6.7 2 1 0 0 96.8 1 9 9.0 0 -- --

9 16 24 66.7 173 7.2 3 0 1 8 127.3 9 27 3.0 0 1 0

10 12 19 63.2 188 9.9 2 0 4 22 131.0 7 34 4.9 0 2 1

12 21 27 77.8 224 8.3 2 0 2 8 125.9 5 38 7.6 0 -- --

13 23 37 62.2 293 7.9 2 0 2 10 104.9 9 71 7.9 0 -- --

14 7 13 53.8 148 11 1 1 1 7 88.0 3 12 4.0 0 -- --

15 14 23 60.9 205 8.9 1 0 2 9 104.4 9 92 10.2 3 -- --

16 15 21 71.4 171 8.1 4 1 1 1 115.3 6 29 4.8 0 -- --

17 15 19 78.9 250 13 1 0 6 41 136.3 10 58 5.8 1 1 0

Playoff Stats 2 games played

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate RushAtt Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

39 62 62.9 572 9.2 3 1 7 48 102.4 15 127 8.5 1 1 0

Now if you actually read through the whole post you probably would figure out this QB is Russell Wilson, now I know I probably will get killed for comparing the 2 QB's, but whatever. From watching the games, and looking over the stat lines I know R Wilson was not ready to make the big plays a QB needs to make to win games for 60 minutes, and the coach's knew this, and protected him with a good running game, and a good defense, and Wilson in turn DID NOT throw games in the toilet by giving the other team free points like say a Mark Sanchez does. Now maybe, just maybe G Smith can pull a R Wilson, start week 1 even thou he just isn't quite comfortable with the speed of the NFL, BUT unlike Sanchez be conservative, and not turn the ball over giving the Jets Rushing game, and Defense the chance to win the games, and hopefully somewhere along the way like R Wilson did, get comfortable with the NFL game, and start leading the team to wins instead of giving them a chance to win by not turning it over, and if that would happen around the same time say week 8, or 9 maybe the Jets D could carry them to a 4-4 record, BUT IF M Sanchez starts, and continues to be a turnover machine, and the Jets start say 1-4 before handing the reigns over to G Smith, and Smith is the QB we hope he is, the season is shot because it would take till about week 13 for Smith to start firing on all cylinders, to late to make a run, and just enough to kill the Jets draft position for next year.

And IF G. Smith is a bust I would rather let him suck the whole 17 weeks, and giving the Jets a shot at drafting the next franchise QB in the 1st round of the 2014 draft, or Clowney, and the QB in the 2nd round again, wash repeat till the franchise QB is finally in place no matter how many years it takes drafting one, with the new CBA drafting a QB in the 1st round does not set you back 5 years salary wise anymore.

The problem with your comparison is that Russell Wilson is at least 3-4 years older than Smith, has played professional ball before, and played in two pro-style offenses in college, not an offense that didn't even have a playbook and was akin to sandlot football, and where the QB was not even under center for the snap.

I hope Mark Sanchez doesn't start he is so inaccurate and erratic as a passer.Geno Smith already wants to win & he gives zip on the ball when he throws it. Mark Sanchez is going to have a future on the sideline holding clipboard with an ear piece and a bench seat filler & handing out water to the starters.

The problem with your comparison is that Russell Wilson is at least 3-4 years older than Smith, has played professional ball before, and played in two pro-style offenses in college, not an offense that didn't even have a playbook and was akin to sandlot football, and where the QB was not even under center for the snap.

True, but Smith was breaking down the defenses he faced like an OC, calling plays at the line.  Or that's what they say anyway.

And Wilson was really 3-4 his first 7 games.  The replacement refs literally awarding a game-winning TD to the losing team instead of the team that (quite clearly) intercepted Wilson's Hail Mary pass.

Geno has potential but he just isn't ready.  Sanchez threw the terrible pick 6 but rebounded the rest of the game.  You are graded on everything so the pick 6 is part of it.  But that last drive and the TD pass to Cumberland was on the money.

Morhinweg has a real system, the receivers are open finally.  They have to go with a veteran to start so Mark will get one last shot.

Speaking of which the Tampa game is so damn important for him.  His career is basically riding on it.  But you heard it here first, Mark Sanchez will be the starter when the season opens...

I hope not!!  Geno may not be ready, but neither is Sanchez.  I will take potential anyday.

Sanchez is irrelevant.  What's important is what Geno needs to give him the best chance to succeed.  If you can't understand that, then you don't understand anything about football.  Players are people, and in case you haven't noticed, everyone is different. They're not stamped out with cookie cutters.

I guess common sense and logic are just silly and simplistic and went over your head.  My bad.  Do you want to tell lots of former and present NFL GMs and HCs that have made the same decisions for the same reasons that they are wrong and stupid for being silly and simplistic or should I just forward your posts to them?

If you seriously think the Jets' OL is the least of their problems, then you need to take football 101 or perhaps give up football and begin watching another sport because you don't understand a darned thing about football.  How many penalties did the OL commit last night?  How many drives and potential drives did they kill with penalties?  How many strip sacks did they allow?  Peterman is at best a questionable backup OG, much less starter.  Colon has an injury history and penalty history.  Winters is a rookie.  Vlad sucks.  Schauderaff sucks.  Howard is meh.  Brick can't run block for sh!t. If the OL can't open any holes for the RBs or give the QB enough time to make his reads and complete passes, it won't matter who is playing those positions for the Jets.  Yeah, the OL is definitely the least of their problems.  FOFLMAO!!!!

The Jets OL was statistically in the top 10 of the NFL in both pass and run blocking last season. You have no idea what you're talking about. (not that your argument is any more valid if the line was worse anyway) Again, if Geno is the answer at QB he will learn on the job, get better, and show those signs just like every other QB who works out does. If he's not the answer, he won't, no matter when he starts. If you agree that Sanchez has no future with the team then you should understand why starting him is just a waste of playing time. 

The upside?  How about not getting Geno seriously injured while the OL gets their act together?  How about not throwing him to the wolves when he isn't ready to read Ds and see the blitz coming?  How about not risking ruining his potential by destroying his confidence or having him get in bad habits because he's not ready to play at a high level?

Yes, Sanchez sucks.  Ideally, the Jets would have had another QB that could have started instead of Sanchez while Geno was developing.  Perhaps Idzik made a mistake by going with Garrard instead of Campbell or Gradkowski, but it is what it is and we have to live with it.  Starting Sanchez is the lesser of two evils if Geno isn't ready to start game 1.  There's just no other wise course of action.

In your scenario, Sanchez gets seriously injured instead and then Geno comes in early anyway...to get seriously injured. Or are you maiming McElroy first and then Geno?

I actually think Geno played better than Mark. Mark was woefully poor on ball placement and had 3 that should have been picked off. 2 blown coverages does not make it a good game for Sanchez because it wasnt. He was horrible.

Like the top 5 defense and top 5 running game he had his 1st 2 years? Stop blowing him, Sanchez is garbage, yeah he could be below average if he has a stacked team filled with pro bowlers everywhere but tell me, what team has this? 

Archived