Sanchez is going to be the starter

Maxman

Like the top 5 defense and top 5 running game he had his 1st 2 years? Stop blowing him, Sanchez is garbage, yeah he could be below average if he has a stacked team filled with pro bowlers everywhere but tell me, what team has this?

By saying he needs to improve I'm in love with the guy?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your scenario, Sanchez gets seriously injured instead and then Geno comes in early anyway...to get seriously injured. Or are you maiming McElroy first and then Geno?

LOL  Who said anything about getting maimed, just a little mangled.   :winking0001:

Seriously, who would you rather get maimed (if it comes to that), Sanchez or the Jets potential QB of the future?  It would depend upon how Sanchez got injured.  Was it a freak play, or is the OL really struggling?  If the OL is struggling, Sanchez starts and gets hurt within the first game or two and the Jets' CS believes that Geno isn't ready yet and could get hurt as well, then heck yes, I'd bring in McElroy first.  If it was a freak thing and the OL is playing well, and if they think Geno is anywhere near ready for primetime, then go ahead and bring him in.

The Jets OL was statistically in the top 10 of the NFL in both pass and run blocking last season. You have no idea what you're talking about. (not that your argument is any more valid if the line was worse anyway) Again, if Geno is the answer at QB he will learn on the job, get better, and show those signs just like every other QB who works out does. If he's not the answer, he won't, no matter when he starts. If you agree that Sanchez has no future with the team then you should understand why starting him is just a waste of playing time. 

Right.  You are aware that the Jets will have 2 new starters on the OL this year and it won't be the same OL as last year, aren't you?  LOL Dude, you're unbelievable.  You're making yourself look more and more ignorant .  You should probably quit while you're behind.

That is absolute, utter and total BS.  You don't have one shred of evidence or facts to backup that horse bleep.  It is among the stupidest things I've ever seen posted on any Jets board on the net (and I've seen a lot of stupid things on a lot of boards).  It ignores 50 years of history of the NFL, and the comments of men who have been scouts, played and coached the game, and/or run teams.  Who in the heck do you think you are, that you know more than anyone else?  You are the least knowledgeable fan I've ever had the displeasure of running into.  So I guess that means Aaron Rodgers isn't worth a damn since he had to sit for 3-4 years before starting.

Right.  You are aware that the Jets will have 2 new starters on the OL this year and it won't be the same OL as last year, aren't you?  LOL Dude, you're unbelievable.  You're making yourself look more and more ignorant .  You should probably quit while you're behind.

That is absolute, utter and total BS.  You don't have one shred of evidence or facts to backup that horse bleep.  It is among the stupidest things I've ever seen posted on any Jets board on the net (and I've seen a lot of stupid things on a lot of boards).  It ignores 50 years of history of the NFL, and the comments of men who have been scouts, played and coached the game, and/or run teams.  Who in the heck do you think you are, that you know more than anyone else?  You are the least knowledgeable fan I've ever had the displeasure of running into.  So I guess that means Aaron Rodgers isn't worth a damn since he had to sit for 3-4 years before starting.

Aaron Rodgers sat behind a hall of fame player who was still playing at a high level. How is that situation in any way relevant? You're arguing for Smith to sit behind the worst starter in the NFL. For every Aaron Rodgers there is a Matt Ryan or Russell Wilson who was started right away because of their team's situation and they showed that they belonged in the league. If Smith is a franchise QB he'll do the same thing. If your argument is "a few guys who have been in the league say he should sit" when sitting him does nothing for the long term health of his career or the team, maybe you should rethink your argument.  

^ Ben Roethlisberger threw a similar pass tonight against the Giants. It was a screen pass that got blown up; he tried lofting it over the defender but it was batted down and just as easily could have been caught and ran back.  

Cam Newton threw a pick six.

Matt Moore threw a pick six.

Joe Flacco threw an int.

Jay Cutler threw an int.

20 Qbs total threw interceptions in their preseason debut (3 of them threw two). 

I'm not saying this eradicates Mark Sanchez, but perhaps the sky isn't falling the way some of us would have you believe.  

Sanchez is not improving. Hes a bust.

Sanchez imploded last season with noodle arm Tebow breathing down his neck. Geno can actually throw the ball.Its only a matter of time before Sanchez has another meltdown.

The pick 6 was bad enough. He's known for this and wastes no time doing it again on first drive with his job on the line.

Winslow broke up another pick 6 on next drive in which they punted.

But noone is talking about the main reason Sanchez will never be a good quarter back. I was watching game again and on his "bounce back" drive. Jets were sitting at 2nd and 8. Lions had #30 do a CB blitz. Sanchez, instead of throwing ball away tried to complete pass to Powell in the flat with a LB in his face. Powell bobbled caught it as LB smashed him. If LB had held back a little, he could of grabbled the bobbled ball and ran into end zone for another pick 6. This play was late in first quarter with about 2:25 left on clock if anyone wants to look again.

At best this play was completion and 3 yard loss. At worst a Pick 6. So why even throw the ball to him? This is something Sanchez has done for 4 years. He never learns. This is something none of the top QBs ever do.

I honestly rather see McElroy play if Geno can't start.

Sanchez is not improving. Hes a bust.

Sanchez imploded last season with noodle arm Tebow breathing down his neck. Geno can actually throw the ball.Its only a matter of time before Sanchez has another meltdown.

Some Jets fans are in midseason form with the Sanchez apologies and excuses. How bout we have a QB where we dont need to constantly make excuses for him.... Sad to see Jets fans broken down and accepting a loser mentality.

The best QB on the Jets to run this WCO is Greg McElroy. He actually looked like he had some nice zip on the ball on those two throws down the middle of the field and hes not afraid in the pocket. Give this kid some decent protection in a quick short passing WCO and he will do very well IMHO. Working with the 2's and getting killed wont help him nor did giving him a shot last year when this OLine basically gave up and nearly got him killed.

Give McElroy some time with the 1's and I bet he out plays Sanchez and Geno . You don't need a gun to succeed in a well planned WC system you need brains and talent at the skill positions. Just ask Joe Montana who never had a strong arm and was drafted in the third round because of said weak arm. Walsh saw something in him no one else did Brains !!

Those disagreeing with this please don't say I'm comparing McElroy to Montana. Thanks in advance :P

The best QB on the Jets to run this WCO is Greg McElroy. He actually looked like he had some nice zip on the ball on those two throws down the middle of the field and hes not afraid in the pocket. Give this kid some decent protection in a quick short passing WCO and he will do very well IMHO. Working with the 2's and getting killed wont help him nor did giving him a shot last year when this OLine basically gave up and nearly got him killed.

Give McElroy some time with the 1's and I bet he out plays Sanchez and Geno . You don't need a gun to succeed in a well planned WC system you need brains and talent at the skill positions. Just ask Joe Montana who never had a strong arm and was drafted in the third round because of said weak arm. Walsh saw something in him no one else did Brains !!

So now McElroy is Joe Montana?

You're unbelievable.

So now McElroy is Joe Montana?

You're unbelievable.

I don't know why I bother.  But I will.  Oh yes, you can be certain that I will.

There could be one of 3 scenarios with these 2 Idiots.

1. yes they are idiots

2. They read my post before I put the edit in claiming I was not comparing McElroy to Joe Montana

3. They both read the post after the edit and want to have some fun

My bet is on idiot :)

Its unreal.  McElroy is the next Montana.  Only Smash.

Its like the year of the Rat all over again.  The 3rd string QB is clearly the best man for the job. 

problem is I edited the post almost immediately could be 4 scenarios because I know JIF's reading comprehension is ...... But where does that leave spermy

There could be one of 3 scenarios with these 2 Idiots.

1. yes they are idiots

2. They read my post before I put the edit in claiming I was not comparing McElroy to Joe Montana

3. They both read the post after the edit and want to have some fun

My bet is on idiot :)

problem is I edited the post almost immediately could be 4 scenarios because I know JIF's reading comprehension is ...... But where does that leave spermy

And then tops it off with personal attacks.  

Some Jets fans are in midseason form with the Sanchez apologies and excuses. How bout we have a QB where we dont need to constantly make excuses for him.... Sad to see Jets fans broken down and accepting a loser mentality.

Looks bleak now, but next year, the cap problems are almost gone and Rex and Sanchez will be out the door to start fresh with some good players on the roster.

Mark Sanchez is awesome. you guys dont even know what you have until its gone. Woody was right, he would never own the team with a strong armed superstar QB. Boom here he is. You guys are sleeping on the most unlocked potential in the NFL. Not to mention the fact he is handsome and intelligent (no homo) Ive been here from Day ONE for Mark. Most of his pick sixes can be attributed to bad coach Shotty and TONY SPARANO! TONY SPARANO is a joke! He broke Mark! You cant keep him down though. Martyball aka Marky ball is in the house you pesants! Geno smith is a bum and Mark is a stud. Mark has beautifl abs and curly locks that keep the seats full of ladies who are fringe fans.  FIRST TEAM TO WIN IN ITS OWN STADIUM WITH SANCHIZING AS A MATTER OF FACT SUPERSANCHIZSE MY ORDER!

I can't wait til Brady retires. 

They'll go back to being bitter Red Sox fans, the only sport that town truly cares about anyway...despite having won two world series in the last decade.   It can't end soon enough, because if I have to hear these ungrateful, win-fed fans complain how Belli and Kraft ruined Brady's prime by only winning 3 superbowls, I might have to to upgrade from riding onto lawns to hit cats, to straight up just drop-kicking puppies.

They'll go back to being bitter Red Sox fans, the only sport that town truly cares about anyway...despite having won two world series in the last decade.   It can't end soon enough, because if I have to hear these ungrateful, win-fed fans complain how Belli and Kraft ruined Brady's prime by only winning 3 superbowls, I might have to to upgrade from riding onto lawns to hit cats, to straight up just drop-kicking puppies.

Im not a Sox fan.

I dont expect you to understand, but winning Super Bowls is addictive. All you want is more. The Ravens want more. Every Steelers season is a failure unless they win it all. The 49ers have wanted more ever since the days of Montana and Young.Thats the gold standard that is set every year for NE now and forever.

Those disagreeing with this please don't say I'm comparing McElroy to Montana. Thanks in advance :tongue:

You're not comparing him to Montana, you're comparing him to Brett Ratliff.  Doesn't supporting terrible QB's get exhausting?

McElroy has a better mind for the game than Sanchez or Geno right now, but he makes Pennington's arm look like Joe Flacco.

I'm not saying this eradicates Mark Sanchez, but perhaps the sky isn't falling the way some of us would have you believe.  

The problem wasn't Sanchez throwing a Pick 6 to a defensive lineman, the problem was that him doing so was not a surprise to anyone.

Im not a Sox fan.

I dont expect you to understand, but winning Super Bowls is addictive. All you want is more. The Ravens want more. Every Steelers season is a failure unless they win it all. The 49ers have wanted more ever since the days of Montana and Young.Thats the gold standard that is set every year for NE now and forever.

There's one thing in wanting to win more, there's another for kids in their early 20s complaining how your three-time SB winning, HOF head coach is ruining the prime of your QB, when they weren't even cognizant for their victories.  It's the same thing with the majority of yankees' fans who grew up during their title runs and never experienced any of the losing years, only it's magnified in Boston, because for whatever reason those fans don't know how to react to winning and seem to enjoy being bitter instead.

Sorry, no one who isn't in utter denial, if not delusional, about his ability to play professional QB.

Two things:  

(1) You're the Captain.  Anything Mark does on your watch is obviously your fault.  

(2) No worries though, despite your obvious agenda to bash on Sanchez every time he looks cross, or passes gas, he actually turned in a "professional QB" caliber performance.  [10-13, 125 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int...Rating 99.8].  Far be it from me to use Sanchez statistics to support my stance, this is one of very few opportunities when his numbers actual work in my favor; I'm going to use them.  

Two things:  

(1) You're the Captain.  Anything Mark does on your watch is obviously your fault.  

(2) No worries though, despite your obvious agenda to bash on Sanchez every time he looks cross, or passes gas, he actually turned in a "professional QB" caliber performance.  [10-13, 125 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int...Rating 99.8].  Far be it from me to use Sanchez statistics to support my stance, this is one of very few opportunities when his numbers actual work in my favor; I'm going to use them.  

While his last drive was respectable, his performance netted the Jets a grand total of 0 points.  Just saying.

As far as the Pick 6, it wasn't particularly surprising.  The fact that it was to a DL would have been surprising for any NFL QB in history other than Mark Sanchez, he really does have a gift for that.  El Capitan actually predicted that exact sequence of events (perhaps it was his fault?), and I can honestly say we could both not help but burst into hysterical laughter at the sight of it.  It's not even something to get upset about anymore, it's just sad how truly awful he really is and continues to prove himself to be.

Two things:  

1) my goal as captain is to usher in the end of the Sanchez era.

2) Net, 0 points.  As for an agenda, it's based on 4 years of being one the the worst out there.  The stats back this up, and I believe you yourself called him about the 35th best QB, which is not good enough to merit starting in this league.

1) my goal as captain is to usher in the end of the Sanchez era.

2) Net, 0 points.  As for an agenda, it's based on 4 years of being one the the worst out there.  The stats back this up, and I believe you yourself called him about the 35th best QB, which is not good enough to merit starting in this league.

1).  LOL, good luck with that. 

2). "35th best QB out of the 100 or so in the league", sure.  But that's only because three teams actually have back-up QBs that I believe are more talented than Mark Sanchez.  But I've also said, that with the right talent around him--Mark has the ability to be a middling QB (16-22) which is good enough in this league. 

Archived