Don't Believe The (Negative) Hype

Maxman

I rather they be very bad record wise but entertaining to make this season acceptable. They still need so much that a mediocre 7-9 or 8-8 would do nothing for us. We need 5 victories or less and high draft position to keep the rebuild going. If by saying they will win 5 as opposed to 3 then that is fine with me. GO JETS!!!

i said it in the other thread and i will say it again here, It's called being realistic, has nothing to do with being negative.

A lot of people are being negative.  This is not a 1 and 15 team.  That is what a lot of people are predicting.

I rather they be very bad record wise but entertaining to make this season acceptable. They still need so much that a mediocre 7-9 or 8-8 would do nothing for us. We need 5 victories or less and high draft position to keep the rebuild going. If by saying they will win 5 as opposed to 3 then that is fine with me. GO JETS!!!

I almost have to agree. We still have so many needs and we are not a playoff team. If we go 4-12 or 5-11 we are in position to make some noise in next years draft (12 picks) with 7 top of each round picks. I say give Geno 12 games to start, get the young receivers, DL and OL  players a chance this year so we can see what we have. I don't want Peterman. Put Winters in there and let's see what we got and build this team through the draft and young players so we're ready for 2015 and beyond.

Go JETS

This has a been building all off season, you can see it in the posting since the season ended, last season was so bad, watching the worst offence I've ever seen. It set the tone for the following campaign.(2013)

I don't think we will be a 1-15 team, I think we are between a 4-12 and 7-9. If we start Ok and if Geno, can iron out the some things we may be ending the year on a high waiting for 2014.

In which barring Sanchez becoming Joe Montana, or the Jets making the play off's we will have a new H.C, and Q.B, come 2014. Personally I don't care I just want to see my Jets, and root for them.

I have zero expectations this year, so like Max I'm looking positives I can see, when they start playing meaningful games.

this offense will be the worst we've ever suffered through

worse than last year

accept it now and watch the season just hoping for some laughs

anyone with playoff expectations should only watch the games with padding and medication

This has a been building all off season, you can see it in the posting since the season ended, last season was so bad, watching the worst offence I've ever seen. It set the tone for the following campaign.(2013)

I don't think we will be a 1-15 team, I think we are between a 4-12 and 7-9. If we start Ok and if Geno, can iron out the some things we may be ending the year on a high waiting for 2014.

In which barring Sanchez becoming Joe Montana, or the Jets making the play off's we will have a new H.C, and Q.B, come 2014. Personally I don't care I just want to see my Jets, and root for them.

I have zero expectations this year, so like Max I'm looking positives I can see, when they start playing meaningful games.

I have my doubts about firing Rex Ryan.  A new HC probably means a new OC - which means more inconsistency and change for Geno.  

Also - the offense probably wont be a juggernaut of talent next year anyway. The majority of the young talent will still be primarily on the defensive side of the ball. Would hate to bring in a non-defensive coach that would marginalize the defensive talent to raise the offense from bad to below average.  

I tuned in and saw Geno Smith roll his ankle. Literally, just turned on the TV and boom! he's limping off. I was like, "Oh crap."

I think that is a microcosm of what most Jets game this season will feel like.

I don't disagree with the tread title. Despite the absence of composure in Sanchez's make-up and consequent inability to avoid making drive killing mistakes, we will look and be much better than last years Jets. Because:

1.) We will have a better run game. Whether that is based on the Ivory contributing large albeit in 40% of the games, Goodson coming back and becoming a factor, or Powell getting a chance to show his stuff with an OC calling plays that won't have a stuffed box on every snap. This ground game will be better than the Shonn-a-thon.

2.) M2 will be calling plays that will have receivers open a lot more than we've seen in quite awhile - even with the suspect O line . We still have the Dirty Half-Dozen as a receiving corps and Sanchez will continue to throw behind them or to the opposition, but within that will be some play call that will put some points on the board. Which leads to  -

3.) Our D will not become a finished product this season but will be top 7 again and maybe top 5. This will result in some good field position and some points by the D.

It won't be pretty - but it will be better. I don't think play-off's - but I wouldn't put my money against it unless the odd's were very favorable. 

Pats fan here:  The Jets defense will still be good enough that barring a complete disastrophe on offense, the Jets will at worst be a 7 win team.  The question is whether you can have a consistent running game to take pressure off the QBs.

This Jets team will be better than people are saying.  Don't believe the negative hype.

Not if Sanchez is the starter. Idzik messed up royally not getting Campbell instead of Garrard. Sanchez sucks so bad, just look at his body language in my photo of his pathetic crap ridden self. I cannot say in words how bad I hate this guy. I'll say one thing, Marty Mornhinweg better rip EVERY screen pass in his playbook out of there because that pick six to Ansah is exactly how Sanchez pulls off screens.

This Jets team will be better than people are saying.  Don't believe the negative hype.

I actually agree with Max.  That is why there is so little margin for error. I do not want them starting someone who makes stupid mistakes just about every week.  Start someone who does not make a stupid mistake (or two) virtually every game.  Parcells was right about the importance of not losing games.

this offense will be the worst we've ever suffered through

worse than last year

accept it now and watch the season just hoping for some laughs

anyone with playoff expectations should only watch the games with padding and medication

Could you elaborate on the bold? Where did the Jets downgrade on offense?

I think the jets would benefit from being bad this season. They could get Clowney or teddy Bridgewater with a high pick next NFL draft. The best thing would be to either go 6-10 again or 8-8 .500. The schedule in the middle is very tough & the 2nd half is easy so 8-8 could be possible. I hope rex ryan gets enough from his team to come back & Mark Sanchez has to go after this season. You Gotta Believe!

Could you elaborate on the bold? Where did the Jets downgrade on offense?

o-line.  colon is a joke, and have you seen the depth chart ? ducasse is the worst I've ever seen, the aboushi kid is pathetic. the jets may start a street free agent or 3.  

running game - .  a bunch of scrubs.  greene was annoying, but he was durable and didn't fumble

WR - .  Hill was according to former WR collinsworth last year "the greenest rookie I have ever seen".  so this year if we are lucky he plays like a rookie and he will be #1 until the drama queen comes back to demand the damn ball

TE - winslow is IR waiting to happen, cumberland is the #3 TE on any other team

QB.  Smith slid for a reason.  I see a fragile stiff.  he can't beat out the headband

oh and the kick returners fumble a lot.

dude, this is a 10 - 17 PPG offense.

Archived