As pessimistic as the past couple weeks have been...

Integrity28

Don't lie, you are psyched for this season to start. 

The first big play we make is going to instill so much false hope in all of us. It's just like golf, you can go out and shoot a 105, you'll take 104 crappy swings, but there's going to be that one beautiful stroke that will be all you remember... and the reason you get back out there to play again.

This is what being a Jet fan is to me... gobs and gobs of disappointment that we strive to forget about in between those beautiful glimmers of hope we get from them every so often.

Also, I want to see Sheldon Richardson tear off Josh Freeman's stupid face and wear it like a mask.

We put up some points. We have viable options outside of Sanchez. We are younger. We went 3-1 in preseason. We don't have Tannenbaum the Clueless running this ship. No more Revis stinking up the joint (*cries*). Receivers who may actually receive. Our team looks hungrier. I am excited for this season. I don't believe the garbage of us being a sub .500 team. 

I cant F'ing wait to see the Jets take the field next Sunday  They warm my heart and bring an instant smile to my face...which quickly turns into an emotional roller coaster ride, typically ending in rage.

Honestly, its more than just the game for me.  It's family, its friends, its a tradition, allbeit one that typically ends in disappointment but a tradition nonetheless.  

I ******* love this team and I'm always excited about the start of a new season.  True, this season is more than likely going to suck but I can always find aspects of the team that I'm looking forward to watch.  Like the development of this young defense and this insanely talented DL.  We might suck balls this year but I'm going to enjoy watching them come together.

And it absolutely breaks my heart to say but this very well could be the end of an era.  It will be undeserved and we'll regret it for the rest of our lives, but this could be the last 16 games of the best coach we've ever had so I'm going to enjoy every last moment of the genius that is Rex Ryan.  

I cant F'ing wait to see the Jets take the field next Sunday  They warm my heart and bring an instant smile to my face...which quickly turns into an emotional roller coaster ride, typically ending in rage.

Honestly, its more than just the game for me.  It's family, its friends, its a tradition, allbeit one that typically ends in disappointment but a tradition nonetheless.  

I ******* love this team and I'm always excited about the start of a new season.  True, this season is more than likely going to suck but I can always find aspects of the team that I'm looking forward to watch.  Like the development of this young defense and this insanely talented DL.  We might suck balls this year but I'm going to enjoy watching them come together.

And it absolutely breaks my heart to say but this very well could be the end of an era.  It will be undeserved and we'll regret it for the rest of our lives, but this could be the last 16 games of the best coach we've ever had so I'm going to enjoy every last moment of the genius that is Rex Ryan.  

gay

I want whoever is the QB to throw one over the top and beat revis- yeah I know I am dreamer

MM scams a lot of picks into his crossing route patterns. I think he can actually gameplan against elite CBs, and am looking forward to seeing how he nuetralizes one of the best.

In other words, I'm less scared of Revis than I was pre pre-season.

Love this thread.

Excited for the Defense.

Young QBs learning on the job.

Best part is how everyone is down on us.  Reminds me of 2009 when the jerkoff Colin Cowherd predicted we'd win one game.  Fukkem we play better when everyone says we're gonna suck.  Easily see us winning 9 games.

So yeah.

Go Jets!

Revis actually doesn't worry me because he takes out a team's #1 WR and....well....we don't actually have one!

So the worst he can do is take away Hill, Holmes (if he plays) or whoever he covers, assuming he's even close to 100% which I'm not convinced of at all.

Their secondary overall does look pretty upgraded so I think we should expect a lot of short crossing routes trying to get matchups against LBs.  Quick plays should limit Geno's exposure in the pocket so we might see a big night from Spadola of all people.

On the other side, they don't really have TEs, which is great for us, but the guy I'm most concerned about is Martin.  He has barely worked at all this preseason, but if he's able to get past our DL, Davis and Harris had better step up and make tackles of it could be a long night.

Finally, I'm particularly juiced to see Cromatie on VJax.  I predict flags.  Several flags.  Not saying who's gonna get the most, but it should be wild.

MM scams a lot of picks into his crossing route patterns. I think he can actually gameplan against elite CBs, and am looking forward to seeing how he nuetralizes one of the best.

In other words, I'm less scared of Revis than I was pre pre-season.

marty Mornhamsandwich has made us our weak offense look.. not so anemic. Revis is simple.. test him once or twice, then throw to the opposite side.

Revis doesn't scare me either.  If you run quick slants on him, he can be neutralized.  If you let him use the sideline, then he is the best CB.  I remember Stevie Johnson used to always beat him.  I don't know if we have a WR that can do that, but that's what work vs Revis.

Archived