Woody Johnson says Mark Sanchez isn't going anywhere ( SO THERE)

Jetfan13

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson said injured quarterback Mark Sanchez isn't going anywhere, Rich Cimini of ESPN New York reports.

"Mark will be on the team; I don't think there's any question about that," said Johnson, who is paying Sanchez a guaranteed $8.25 million to be a backup.

Johnson, who gave Sanchez a three-year contract extension 18 months ago, always referred to him as a franchise quarterback. Not Wednesday.

"He's a very, very good quarterback," Johnson said. "Franchise quarterback, you can debate the term. There's a competition for the job, and he's still in the competition."

There also was speculation about placing Sanchez on short-term injured reserve, but general manager John Idzik said that isn't a consideration.

"We're not looking at that," he said. "We're looking at Mark continuing to rehab. We said it's day to day. It's very unpredictable. ... Hopefully, we'll get him back here soon."

Sanchez reportedly feared being placed on IR, but that isn't true, according to a person familiar with the situation.

"Mark is progressing, and he's not overly concerned about being placed on IR," the person said

people who want to cut Mark Sanchez even tho he's due 8.25 mil don't really understand the perspective of the businessman.

No one wants to pay that kind of money for Sanchez to sit on a couch. It's big money. It's like 500k a game. Every tuesday hey Mark here's another half mil for doing nothing.

He's due that money which makes him a Jet. Period. It might be a clipboard holding Jet but he's not gonna make 8.25 from the Jets plus another salary from the Raiders. That ain't never gonna happen.

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson said injured quarterback Mark Sanchez isn't going anywhere, Rich Cimini of ESPN New York reports.

"Mark will be on the team; I don't think there's any question about that," said Johnson, who is paying Sanchez a guaranteed $8.25 million to be a backup.

Johnson, who gave Sanchez a three-year contract extension 18 months ago, always referred to him as a franchise quarterback. Not Wednesday.

"He's a very, very good quarterback," Johnson said. "Franchise quarterback, you can debate the term. There's a competition for the job, and he's still in the competition."

There also was speculation about placing Sanchez on short-term injured reserve, but general manager John Idzik said that isn't a consideration.

"We're not looking at that," he said. "We're looking at Mark continuing to rehab. We said it's day to day. It's very unpredictable. ... Hopefully, we'll get him back here soon."

Sanchez reportedly feared being placed on IR, but that isn't true, according to a person familiar with the situation.

"Mark is progressing, and he's not overly concerned about being placed on IR," the person said

Oh Woody stop it.

people who want to cut Mark Sanchez even tho he's due 8.25 mil don't really understand the perspective of the businessman.

No one wants to pay that kind of money for Sanchez to sit on a couch. It's big money. It's like 500k a game. Every tuesday hey Mark here's another half mil for doing nothing.

He's due that money which makes him a Jet. Period. It might be a clipboard holding Jet but he's not gonna make 8.25 from the Jets plus another salary from the Raiders. That ain't never gonna happen.

Exactly. Plus, he put Rex Ryan in the no-win situation of having to answer "When are you going to put Sanchez back in" questions if Geno Smith underachieves. Smooth move Ex-Lax. Words cannot express the contempt I have for the Turnip. He cares only about three things, money, money and his name in the papers.

If I was Woody, I would make Mark go get me a delicious sandwich.

The bold is why Rex and Woody are perfect for each other. They make a definitive statement, then they immediately hedge by making some "I don't think so" type of remark. It's like saying "Absolutely, maybe, unless there's something I don't know".

Rex does the same thing, he shields his incompetence with a naive act, to set the precedent that if something goes wrong, or is unpopular, well... it wasn't on him.

Used car salesmen, both of 'em.

im willing to bet money Mark gets another NFL job.  considering Brady Quinn is still employed, Mark can have a long career.

If Kubiak survives the 2013 season he will be with the Texans, I've been saying this for 3 years, and still think it to be true.

Archived