Laziness from our receivers

Sperm Edwards

1 question. were you or were you not pissed off when the patriots were allowed to tie it up at the end of the game? and did you or did you not see it coming?

Actually, I was happy that they held the Pats to a FG.  I think the D was pretty beastly the 2nd half. 

As for being on topic, I agree and noticed that Hill didn't attack the ball, but I don't think it is laziness.  I just think he limits the things that he can think about at one time and I think he is improving.  The body and basket catching bothers me a hell of a lot less with Hill than it did with Holmes and Edwards.

F*ck Brady, f*ck Belichick, and f*ck their filthy scumbag fanbase with their retahd Bahstan accent.

Double or triple the aforementioned acts.

The other, no less important thing that "the corps" minus Holmes needs to do is instinctively go after the defender when Geno makes another of his gaff's as that's going to go on for awhile at an inflated rate till he gets more refined. 

Hill will be a great rotational WR for us come next year.  But he aint gonna be our #1 or #2 (I HOPE and PRAY). We need to get an established big stud on this team for Geno....and not that pussy Nicks....get Blackmon over here somehow!!!! Imagine him and Kerley out there..wow

Hill will be a great rotational WR for us come next year.  But he aint gonna be our #1 or #2 (I HOPE and PRAY). We need to get an established big stud on this team for Geno....and not that pussy Nicks....get Blackmon over here somehow!!!! Imagine him and Kerley out there..wow

-

From a 2nd round WR that's excellent, and knocking him down the depth chart, not the team, would be a sign this team has weapunized Smith. 

Blackmon would be a great get, but now is the time to be scared of trades. 

I think Hill is working towards it.  I agree he should be attacking the ball more, but he is still a little raw and I am not surprised. Torrey Smith just did the exact same thing on a long gain and got the catch.  Plenty of NFL receivers are like that.  They should be trained out of it, but it isnt' anything shocking

Jets should send him to go play basketball with J Thomas, and A Gates in the offseason, strict instructions Hill is not allowed to shoot, his job is to rebound over both of them, and don't come back until you can.

-

From a 2nd round WR that's excellent, and knocking him down the depth chart, not the team, would be a sign this team has weapunized Smith. 

Blackmon would be a great get, but now is the time to be scared of trades. 

No need to be afraid of trades.  Ivory has looked like a worthy pickup for a 4th rounder.  If a player we like is available at the right price I see no reason why Idzik wouldn't make a move.  

I just expect he won't:  a) Waste away compensatory picks by signing unnecessary UFA's (As Sperm has pointed out), 2) Constantly look to deal picks away like Tannenbaum did, especially NOT by trading up constantly, or 3) Sign players we receive in deals to expensive extensions just because they were "his pickups".

The Hill play was infuriating because he leapt, but didn't snatch the ball. It's like he thought that if he jumped, the ball would magically fall into his arms. He was cradling it while it was still in the air.

Cumberland was ******* horrible today. 

Cumberland worked very well in the 2-TE sets and when spelling Winslow.  Not so much when he's the only receiving TE out there.

It's not laziness with Hill, I just don't think he can catch a ball with his hands. 

Yeah, this. He tries, and he'll put up a good fight for the ball. He's just not super good at football which, in the extremist world of Jetfandom, makes him a nobody who never did and can not do a thing.

Cumberland worked very well in the 2-TE sets and when spelling Winslow.  Not so much when he's the only receiving TE out there.

He had three drops. One of them was a TD that he let McCourty take from him, and one of them was a perfect throw right in his breadbasket with 2:10 left that would have given us a 1st down and gone a long way toward sealing a win in regulation. He also caught a pass on 2nd and 9 and and ran out of bounds in a straight line instead of stretching the ball, forcing us into a 3rd and 1 that resulted in a punt. Overall, I think he's a solid player, but he was a back-alley abortion today.

He's a WR JAG, but a first contract one so that's a plus.

It's just more than a little frustrating.  Kid is tall and has all the raw ability in the world.  He COULD be a really good weapon for our young QB.  Instead he's doing pretty much what he did last year; showing occasional flashes but never the consistency you need.  

5 targets today, 1 catch for 17 yards against a banged up Pats secondary.  In the last 3 games he has just 84 yards COMBINED.  Simply not good enough.

But now here I am picking nits.  We won.  I'm happy.  And we're about to get a receiving corps makeover this offseason.  Hill will look a lot better as a complementary piece rather than a focal point of the offense; which he's forced to be by default right now.

this is hills 2nd year with new QB and OC lets not get crazy here

True but I think we can all agree both those changes have been massive improvements over the Sanchez/Sparano combo.  I'm hopeful there's some big improvement by Hill over the course of his 2nd season but I'm not counting on it.  It'll be nice when Holmes and Winslow get back.

True but I think we can all agree both those changes have been massive improvements over the Sanchez/Sparano combo.  I'm hopeful there's some big improvement by Hill over the course of his 2nd season but I'm not counting on it.  It'll be nice when Holmes and Winslow get back.

i agree Hill is very raw still and with good coaching and lots of practice he will get better he will be a good 2

He had three drops. One of them was a TD that he let McCourty take from him, and one of them was a perfect throw right in his breadbasket with 2:10 left that would have given us a 1st down and gone a long way toward sealing a win in regulation. He also caught a pass on 2nd and 9 and and ran out of bounds in a straight line instead of stretching the ball, forcing us into a 3rd and 1 that resulted in a punt. Overall, I think he's a solid player, but he was a back-alley abortion today.

Those aren't all drops. When a DB knocks the ball away it's not a "drop."  Every ball that CAN be caught and ISN'T caught is not a drop.  I agree that it is frustrating, but I don't think any were in the class of the true drops like Jackie Smith in the super bowl or Hill against the Pats last year.  

It's just more than a little frustrating.  Kid is tall and has all the raw ability in the world.  He COULD be a really good weapon for our young QB.  Instead he's doing pretty much what he did last year; showing occasional flashes but never the consistency you need.  

5 targets today, 1 catch for 17 yards against a banged up Pats secondary.  In the last 3 games he has just 84 yards COMBINED.  Simply not good enough.

But now here I am picking nits.  We won.  I'm happy.  And we're about to get a receiving corps makeover this offseason.  Hill will look a lot better as a complementary piece rather than a focal point of the offense; which he's forced to be by default right now.

He did get knocked out in the game before.  I'm surprised he even played against the Falcons and I'm pretty sure they limited his snaps a bit.  FWIW, I am pretty convinced they are rolling a safety to his side to stop the bombs.  That provides some value even if he does nothing else. 

I've said this from the first day I heard this idiot open his mouth in a post game interview -- Hill is too dumb to be good at anything.  He would be a third rate UPS driver. 

Hill is Rhodes scholar compared to Mario Manningham. 

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

It's really funny.   Every week somebody starts a thread about how terrible the Jets WR's are, and how they dropped at least 4-6 passes this week.  Hill is the leader of this awful mob, and drops at least 3 a week

The truth is the Jets are 27th in the league in dropped passes with 6.    Hill has one.   The Pats have 23 dropped balls.

The stats listed in the above link are for 6 games so the 36 drops the Jets had yesterday won't be posted until tomorrow.  

Those aren't all drops. When a DB knocks the ball away it's not a "drop."  Every ball that CAN be caught and ISN'T caught is not a drop.  I agree that it is frustrating, but I don't think any were in the class of the true drops like Jackie Smith in the super bowl or Hill against the Pats last year.  

The sideline throw with 2:10 left was inexcusable. The potential TD wasn't a drop, per se, but Cumberland's got 6 inches and 60 lbs. on McCourty, so it's still kind of a pisser.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

It's really funny.   Every week somebody starts a thread about how terrible the Jets WR's are, and how they dropped at least 4-6 passes this week.  Hill is the leader of this awful mob, and drops at least 3 a week

The truth is the Jets are 27th in the league in dropped passes with 6.    Hill has one.   The Pats have 23 dropped balls.

The stats listed in the above link are for 6 games so the 36 drops the Jets had yesterday won't be posted until tomorrow.  

Those are judgment calls and I don't know which drops they don't consider to be drops.  I'm not keeping a tally on the season but IIRC there were 6 or 7 drops in week 2 alone.

Archived