We need to trade for a WR

joewilly12

Kerley, yes. Other two are 4-5 bounce around the league guys. 

Nelson is a pretty solid player who is not afraid to make the tough catch if he keeps it up he's going to stick with this team especially if we go out and grab a true number one like a Dez Bryant (I think he's a FA next year but not sure) Cowboys are 33 mil OVER the cap next year so I cant see how they sign Dez and Dez threw a fit yesterday lol so they might say bye bye to him.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nelson is a pretty solid player who is not afraid to make the tough catch if he keeps it up he's going to stick with this team especially if we go out and grab a true number one like a Dez Bryant (I think he's a FA next year but not sure) Cowboys are 33 mil OVER the cap next year so I cant see how they sign Dez and Dez threw a fit yesterday lol so they might say bye bye to him.

They will cut people and make sacrifices to keep him. Its like Jimmy Graham in NOLA... it won't happen

Didn't see them blitzing a ton, it just seemed like the connected when they did; Nelson's two sacks come to mind. Regardless, that's not what won them the game, it was their ability to get pressure with Atkins, Dunlap, Johnson and Peko and have 7 guys back in coverage.  They were able to roll safety help over Hill on early downs and then bracket coverage Kerley on the couple of third downs we actually had.  I still would have liked to see Mauluga get that face-guarding called on him on Cumberland's end-zone attempt, but the team still got whooped up and down the field.  Blitzing isn't what lost us this game.

They connected because Geno didn't seem to notice it, even when it was coming straight at his facemask.  Both the pick 6's seemed obvious.  He's a rookie and he looked like it yesterday. I agree with Hess.  Hill is not a beast and isn't going to be Megatron, but get a player that requires safety help on the other side and watch him start blowing by people or Cumberland starting to abuse the middle of the field.  

Ridicule mock attack GO FOR IT this team lacks a WR that Geno can count on and go to.

If Idzick cant see it we have a problem.

There isn't anyone worth trading for. I say wait until the draft. A guy like Josh Gordon who is as up and down as the Jets themselves is NOT going to turn things around and he is a roach clip away from a year suspension. No way.

I am not sure what some of you are talking about...how is going after Josh Gordan a 1 year fix? lol Dude is a top 5 or will be a top 5 receiver in this league for a long time. He is a beast right now with garbage at QB. I agree that the guys we have are decent to surround a star with and then you get a TE in the draft. Give Geno someone to build chemistry with. I am not saying go out and get some aging star.

I am not sure what some of you are talking about...how is going after Josh Gordan a 1 year fix? lol Dude is a top 5 or will be a top 5 receiver in this league for a long time. He is a beast right now with garbage at QB. I agree that the guys we have are decent to surround a star with and then you get a TE in the draft. Give Geno someone to build chemistry with. I am not saying go out and get some aging star.

For real who the hell are we going to draft at wr next year who is going to be playing at his level? The only wr I can think of who has a good shot at being a top 10 receiver is Watkins and even that's not guaranteed. The dude is better than anyone we would draft, and the guy we would draft would need a couple of years of growing to start making plays. The dude is worth at least a second, would be a first if he didn't have the off field troubles.

For real who the hell are we going to draft at wr next year who is going to be playing at his level? The only wr I can think of who has a good shot at being a top 10 receiver is Watkins and even that's not guaranteed. The dude is better than anyone we would draft, and the guy we would draft would need a couple of years of growing to start making plays. The dude is worth at least a second, would be a first if he didn't have the off field troubles.

And he's only 22!!

I'm hearing all it will cost is a 2nd rounder and a player. Not sure who they can offer but I don't know....you have to think about this one.

I agree with the above post. We need a WR or WRs who are NFL ready here and now. Draft picks aren't a sure thing.  Idzik needs to see who's available for the right asking price.

And he's only 22!!

I'm hearing all it will cost is a 2nd rounder and a player. Not sure who they can offer but I don't know....you have to think about this one.

Seriously people are acting like's he 28, the dude is young as sh*t, talented, and is still growing. If he doesn't get hurt he's going to become a monster.

Seriously people are acting like's he 28, the dude is young as sh*t, talented, and is still growing. If he doesn't get hurt he's going to become a monster.

I agree man. We'll see what happens.

Would be a mistake to not at least make an offer.

All eight of Josh Gordon's career touchdowns have come from 20-plus yards out.

Gordon continues to light up the league with unique ball skills and speed at 6'4/220. Despite the rocky quarterback situation in Cleveland, he's averaging 5.3 catches for 97.0 yards with three touchdowns on the season. The Browns should be asking for a hefty haul at Tuesday's deadline if they're really thinking about trading this 22-year-old star. Gordon says he's aware that he's one strike away from a year-long ban and wants to stay in Cleveland.

According to  http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=WR&Year=2014

These are the Projected FA WRs in 2014:

Hakeem Nicks

Eric Decker

Jeremy Maclin

Anquan Boldin

James Jones

Golden Tate

Jacoby Jones

Brandon LaFell

Ted Ginn, Jr.

Jacoby Ford

and a slew of others

Projected FA TEs

Jimmy Graham - won't go anywhere

Jermichael Finley - if he doesn't retire, won't go anywhere

Dennis Pitta

Brandon Pettigrew

Fred Davis

Scott Chandler

and others

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=TE&Year=2014

The Jets could sign one of each in FA and still have cap $s and all their draft picks left

Tate and Maclin, assuming healthy, are the only two I'd really considering looking at.  Tate certainly seems to have his best football ahead of him.

Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn, Jr. have been playing very well for the Panthers this season.  LaFell is also a great run blocker, and that alone should make Rex fall in love with him.

What about the Packers' James Jones or Anquan Boldin?  Bolding's getting older, but could help the young WRs learn how to come back and fight for the ball and would give Geno a great target, even if for just a year or two.

Hakeem Nicks

Eric Decker

Jeremy Maclin

Anquan Boldin

James Jones

Golden Tate

Jacoby Jones

Brandon LaFell

Ted Ginn, Jr.

Jacoby Ford

and a slew of others

Projected FA TEs

Dennis Pitta

Brandon Pettigrew

Fred Davis

Scott Chandler

and others

The Jets could sign one of each in FA and still have cap $s and all their draft picks left

Boldin and Nicks will demand big money id take either one.  But what about this season?  We are trying to develop a franchise QB under the current circumstances he lacks targets. Why not Braylon Edwards for the vet minimum as a Band-Aid if Idzik cant make a trade.

Boldin and Nicks will demand big money id take either one.  But what about this season?  We are trying to develop a franchise QB under the current circumstances he lacks targets. Why not Braylon Edwards for the vet minimum as a Band-Aid if Idzik cant make a trade.

Are you really still talking about Braylon Edwards? Even I gave that sh*t up dude.  

A source tells Titan Insider's Terry McCormick "there may not be much of a market" for Kenny Britt ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline.

It's "because of his struggles." Britt has been wholly ineffective, losing his starting job to Nate Washington, dropping five passes, and securing a pathetic 8-of-25 targets. Pro Football Focus has charged Britt with six penalties, the most of any NFL receiver despite ranking 90th in snaps played at his position. The Titans should be open to dealing him for a conditional seventh-round pick.

You'd be willing to give Anquan Boldin big money? He of the 33 year old, can't get separation and had half his seasonal yards in one game variety? He's not going anywhere that can't promise him a shot at a ring and throwing money at a guy on the wrong end of 30 who can't get separation is a bad move. Same thing goes for nicks, albeit he's a lot younger. I used to be a huge Nicks fan and unless he dominates the second half the year, his value is way down; he's dropping balls, isn't going to practice, is a step slower, isn't getting separation like he used to and just flat out looks unreliable out there. I'm with you, we 110% need WR and TE help, but throwing money at guys who aren't going to be provide you with a consistent return on your huge long-term investment isn't the best way to go forward with this team. We've already been in cap-hell and football purgatory, we don't wanna go back.

So, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't do anything before tomorrow is over. I'm pretty sure Nicks is going to get dumped, if only to shake up that locker room (Jerry Reese is already scheduled to meet with the media tomorrow, fwiw.) I think the Pats are a natural fit and it would be a crime if Belichick forces Brady to waste another year throwing to shaky rookies.

I can see Lombardi getting cold feet on moving Gordon. The public outcry would be severe, and that team is thisclose to being irrelevant as it is.

You'd be willing to give Anquan Boldin big money? He of the 33 year old, can't get separation and had half his seasonal yards in one game variety? He's not going anywhere that can't promise him a shot at a ring and throwing money at a guy on the wrong end of 30 who can't get separation is a bad move. Same thing goes for nicks, albeit he's a lot younger. I used to be a huge Nicks fan and unless he dominates the second half the year, his value is way down; he's dropping balls, isn't going to practice, is a step slower, isn't getting separation like he used to and just flat out looks unreliable out there. I'm with you, we 110% need WR and TE help, but throwing money at guys who aren't going to be provide you with a consistent return on your huge long-term investment isn't the best way to go forward with this team. We've already been in cap-hell and football purgatory, we don't wanna go back.

Very true. Id trade a 5-6-7 for  Britt and  2-3 for Gordon WR problems would be fixed immediately. We have a lot of draft picks next year.

IMO you need to forget about this season.  This team isn't going anywhere, and it's really senseless and a waste of resources to keep bringing in players.  You also need to forget about Braylon imo.  He's done.  If the Jets haven't brought him back and no one else has shown any reason, there's a reason...he's got nothing left in his tank.  He couldn't even practice every day with the Jets in TC.  That ship has sailed.  I loved Braylon, but I don't think he'd offer much of anything of value now.

I'm not so sure Boldin would want such big money.  He knows he's at the end of his career.  You may be right that he won't go anywhere that gives him a shot at a ring, but as far as separation, I'm not so sure.  I haven't seen him play this year,  but saw highlights of him last year getting separation and making tough catches.  Even if he can't get a lot of separation, he fights for the ball and will come back for the ball.  He could teach the young WRs a lot.

With Nicks playing so badly this year, his value will go down.  He probably will be forced to accept a lesser deal with incentives to try to rehabilitate his image.  It may be that he just burned out with the Giants.  He may want a total change of scenery, but he may just want to get away from Coughlin and/or his OC or the situation with the Giants.  He may be fine with coming to the Jets to play in a WCO with a good young QB where he will be the #1 WR and playing for a "players' coach" if Rex is still here.  He's still young enough that if he's willing to come for an incentive-laden deal, he'd be worth at least talking to anyway.

Hakeem Nicks

Eric Decker

Jeremy Maclin

Anquan Boldin

James Jones

Golden Tate

Jacoby Jones

Brandon LaFell

Ted Ginn, Jr.

Jacoby Ford

and a slew of others

Projected FA TEs

Dennis Pitta

Brandon Pettigrew

Fred Davis

Scott Chandler

and others

None of the guys on this list (except Graham) are on Gordon's level IMO.  They're all complementary pieces.  Even someone like James Jones, I don't know what he'd be without Aaron Rodgers.  Gordon, on the other hand, is plenty used to awful QB play and still performs.

Acquiring someone like Gordon is NOT for this season.  It would be for the future.  I would liken it to using our normal draft pick next year on him, except that unlike draft picks - particularly those outside round 1 - he's a sure thing performance-wise.  He was a high 2 when he was drafted and if it was known he'd be this good he'd have gone higher.

Nicks & Maclin can't stay healthy.  Nicks & Decker have terrible hands.  Jones looks great with Aaron Rodgers but so does everyone.  Boldin is old and slow.  Tate is fine, but he's not a difference-maker like Gordon.  LaFell or Ginn or Ford are not even worth wasting the roster spot on.  They show up once a month like Hill.

As for the TEs, Graham I'd be all in on if he was going to be available, but he's not.  Even if he was, I doubt he'd choose the Jets over other teams that will also ante up what he's worth.  Finley also has very unreliable hands even with Rodgers and his insane pinpoint accuracy, and he may very well retire as you mentioned (or re-sign with GB).  None of the TEs other than Graham are difference-makers.

In short (which I'm incapable of), Graham (who won't be available to us) is the only player on this list on a par with Gordon. Frankly I think this year's "available" list sucks and we'd be throwing a lot of money at bad on one or more of them.  Possibly Jones, but again, we don't have Rodgers (or Nelson and Cobb and Finley all running routes at the same time).

None of the guys on this list (except Graham) are on Gordon's level IMO. They're all complementary pieces. Even someone like James Jones, I don't know what he'd be without Aaron Rodgers. Gordon, on the other hand, is plenty used to awful QB play and still performs.

Acquiring someone like Gordon is NOT for this season. It would be for the future. I would liken it to using our normal draft pick next year on him, except that unlike draft picks - particularly those outside round 1 - he's a sure thing performance-wise. He was a high 2 when he was drafted and if it was known he'd be this good he'd have gone higher.

Nicks & Maclin can't stay healthy. Nicks & Decker have terrible hands. Jones looks great with Aaron Rodgers but so does everyone. Boldin is old and slow. Tate is fine, but he's not a difference-maker like Gordon. LaFell or Ginn or Ford are not even worth wasting the roster spot on. They show up once a month like Hill.

As for the TEs, Graham I'd be all in on if he was going to be available, but he's not. Even if he was, I doubt he'd choose the Jets over other teams that will also ante up what he's worth. Finley also has very unreliable hands even with Rodgers and his insane pinpoint accuracy, and he may very well retire as you mentioned (or re-sign with GB). None of the TEs other than Graham are difference-makers.

In short (which I'm incapable of), Graham (who won't be available to us) is the only player on this list on a par with Gordon. Frankly I think this year's "available" list sucks and we'd be throwing a lot of money at bad on one or more of them. Possibly Jones, but again, we don't have Rodgers (or Nelson and Cobb and Finley all running routes at the same time).

Agreed on Gordon, he also is on his rookie contract and won't cost the Jets any money for 2 years, I'd throw a 2 at Cleveland.

Archived