Nnamdi getting cut?

jetstreams

Wilson is certainly a disappointment for the talent he has, but as a late 1st rounder, he isn't a bust as most Jets fans think

He gets a lot of slack for not holding down the #2 spot, but in today's passing league, an excellent slot corner is invaluable. Wilson may not get the flashy picks or passes defended, but he sticks with his man, keeps him in front of the marker, and has saved this team from a sh*t-ton of first down conversions. I don't get the hate.

He gets a lot of slack for not holding down the #2 spot, but in today's passing league, an excellent slot corner is invaluable. Wilson may not get the flashy picks or passes defended, but he sticks with his man, keeps him in front of the marker, and has saved this team from a sh*t-ton of first down conversions. I don't get the hate.

I agree

When the Jets drafted him I thought he had the skill to be a star.  It hasn't worked out that way, and I'm disappointed, but he is far from a bust

Wilson is certainly a disappointment for the talent he has, but as a late 1st rounder, he isn't a bust as most Jets fans think 

Bingo.  Sure, Wilson hasn't realized his potential or lived up to fans hopes for being a first rounder, but the guy is nowhere near as so many around here makes him out to be.  Solid player as a nickel and, if the price is right, don't be at all surprised to see him with a new contract from the Jets in a few months (especially with Cro almost a lock to be cut if he doesn't agree to a big pay cut).  Wilson also actually took a pretty big step up in the second half of last year and has seemed to continue on with that this year.  You really don't see a lot of the stuff happening from earlier in his career that people still so often like to trash him for.

Bingo.  Sure, Wilson hasn't realized his potential or lived up to fans hopes for being a first rounder, but the guy is nowhere near as so many around here makes him out to be.  Solid player as a nickel and, if the price is right, don't be at all surprised to see him with a new contract from the Jets in a few months (especially with Cro almost a lock to be cut if he doesn't agree to a big pay cut).  Wilson also actually took a pretty big step up in the second half of last year and has seemed to continue on with that this year.  You really don't see a lot of the stuff happening from earlier in his career that people still so often like to trash him for.

This really isn't a major endorsement, but right now Wilson is probably our best CB.  Milliner better start getting better, cause yur right, Cro is most likely gone.  I'm hoping his bad play right now is mostly due to nagging injuries that will destroy his market value next year, he'll sign cheap, and return to form.

yeah I know.  LOL

Bingo.  Sure, Wilson hasn't realized his potential or lived up to fans hopes for being a first rounder, but the guy is nowhere near as so many around here makes him out to be.  

Overall, It was a one of the lamer drafts of recent memory. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft

The fact that we still have a viable starter in any capacity from that draft is better than a lot of teams can say. 

Overall, It was a one of the lamer drafts of recent memory. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft

The fact that we still have a viable starter in any capacity from that draft is better than a lot of teams can say. 

Seriously, a quick look down the list of picks that came after Wilson and that's a whole lot of crappola up until you get to Gronkowski.

think the jets are interested in him can't be any worse than milliner.. tranny almost broke the bank for him two years ago.. now getting cut?!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000273889/article/eric-wright-close-to-san-francisco-49ers-active-roster

Has there been anyone who's ever gone from one of the best at their position, to cut by multiple teams as quickly as Asomugha? Without suffering a serious injury that is.

... Wilson.....he sticks with his man, keeps him in front of the marker, and has saved this team from a sh*t-ton of first down conversions. I don't get the hate.

He sticks with his man well, but he refuses to make the decision to turn his head around and knock the ball down, probably because to do so will make him appear to be a half-step behind the receiver.  So we see the ball travel over his head into the receiver's hands, and Wilson's defense is to try to knock the ball out before the WR pulls it in.  It works sometimes.

Has there been anyone who's ever gone from one of the best at their position, to cut by multiple teams as quickly as Asomugha? Without suffering a serious injury that is.

Haynesworth. He went from top dog to dog sh!t in less than a year. That's about all I can come up with.

Archived