Cromartie Nearly Fought Pettine In 2011

flgreen

Antonio Cromartie nearly fought Mike Pettine in 2011, according to new Jets book

Antonio Cromartie nearly came to blows with Mike Pettine two years ago, according to a new book that focuses on the 2011 Jets. (William Perlman/The Star-Ledger)

er

on November 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM

"Collision Low Crossers," the book on the 2011 Jets written by Nicholas Dawidoff that will be on sale next week, gave the author full access to Rex Ryan's squad two years ago and got serious access -- an excerpt published in Newsday revealed he received " a security code, a desk in the scouting department, a locker, and the freedom to roam."

One anecdote has leaked thus far and features Antonio Cromartie. During a 2011 practice, then-defensive coordinatorr Mike Pettine got on Cromartie's case and the cornerback replied, "Shut up" and cursed at him, according to The Daily News' Kevin Armstrong.

"Pettine told him quietly, 'Don't lose your cool. We're all in this together,'" Dawidoff wrote, as Armstrong recounted. "As soon as Pettine left and the defense split into positional units, Cro said loudly that Pettine was 'a high-school coach' and declared he wasn't 'gonna take it' from him."

When Dennis Thurman, who's now the Jets' defensive coordinator, told Cromartie to deal with Pettine privately, the CB responded, "If I talk to him, I'll punch him in the face." The two apparently smoothed over their conflict later.

Coincidentally, Cromartie and the Jets will face the Bills this Sunday -- Pettine is Buffalo's defensive coordinator.

Antonio Cromartie nearly fought Mike Pettine in 2011, according to new Jets book

Antonio Cromartie nearly came to blows with Mike Pettine two years ago, according to a new book that focuses on the 2011 Jets. (William Perlman/The Star-Ledger)

er

on November 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM

"Collision Low Crossers," the book on the 2011 Jets written by Nicholas Dawidoff that will be on sale next week, gave the author full access to Rex Ryan's squad two years ago and got serious access -- an excerpt published in Newsday revealed he received " a security code, a desk in the scouting department, a locker, and the freedom to roam."

One anecdote has leaked thus far and features Antonio Cromartie. During a 2011 practice, then-defensive coordinatorr Mike Pettine got on Cromartie's case and the cornerback replied, "Shut up" and cursed at him, according to The Daily News' Kevin Armstrong.

"Pettine told him quietly, 'Don't lose your cool. We're all in this together,'" Dawidoff wrote, as Armstrong recounted. "As soon as Pettine left and the defense split into positional units, Cro said loudly that Pettine was 'a high-school coach' and declared he wasn't 'gonna take it' from him."

When Dennis Thurman, who's now the Jets' defensive coordinator, told Cromartie to deal with Pettine privately, the CB responded, "If I talk to him, I'll punch him in the face." The two apparently smoothed over their conflict later.

Coincidentally, Cromartie and the Jets will face the Bills this Sunday -- Pettine is Buffalo's defensive coordinator.

So, this doesn't constitute "nearly fought". 

It's not like the 2 of them went at each other, and had to be pulled apart before coming to blows.

My interpretation of this is Pettine coached Cro, and Cro disrespected him in return, and then acted like an insubordinate dummy by talking about punching him. I say I'm going to "face punch" my clients all the time, it's an expression of being aggravated with them, I would never do it and nothing about it constitute "nearly fighting" them. 

In other words, this leaked excerpt is a wet fart, preceding what is most like a big diarrhea of a book.

loltannenbaum

This anecdote coming out this week is about as coincidental as everything else in the NFL.

wait for it....

wait for it..........

wait for it.......................

scripted.

#nobodybutgatoseesit

So, this doesn't constitute "nearly fought". 

It's not like the 2 of them went at each other, and had to be pulled apart before coming to blows.

My interpretation of this is Pettine coached Cro, and Cro disrespected him in return, and then acted like an insubordinate dummy by talking about punching him. I say I'm going to "face punch" my clients all the time, it's an expression of being aggravated with them, I would never do it and nothing about it constitute "nearly fighting" them. 

In other words, this leaked excerpt is a wet fart, preceding what is most like a big diarrhea of a book.

Plus Cro is a bitch, and I would bet if Pettine actually stepped up to him Cro would cowardly decline the invite to fight.

Yes sir. 

They start off like this when they first come to USC:

usc%20cheerleaders.jpg

Turn into these after a few years of partyting with Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez:

ku-medium.jpg

And then some even go on to be these: 

patsgalssandals1.jpg

LOL

OK you win, I'll take the ones you can't handle.   :)

I really wonder just how convinced Tannenbaum was that 2011 was THE year.

Ape: Ooph.

I think Tanny took it to heart when Rex hand-picked Sporano and proclaimed "this is the most talented roster we've had". I kind of feel bad for Tanny now, it's not like he had the wherewithal to see through that statement on his own, you know, as a general manager.

I think Tanny took it to heart when Rex hand-picked Sporano and proclaimed "this is the most talented roster we've had". I kind of feel bad for Tanny now, it's not like he had the wherewithal to see through that statement on his own, you know, as a general manager.

Got to look at it in context.  They had been to 2 AFCC  games.  They fully expected Sanchez to step up and become an elite QB...................................................Didn't happen

Got to look at it in context.  They had been to 2 AFCC  games.  They fully expected Sanchez to step up and become an elite QB...................................................Didn't happen

Ah yeah, he said 2011 - 2012 was the Sporano sh*t show. But yeah, LOL

Based on the evidence presented, one could conclude that they not only "nearly came to blows," but also "nearly kissed."

Yes sir. 

They start off like this when they first come to USC:

usc%20cheerleaders.jpg

Turn into these after a few years of partyting with Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez:

ku-medium.jpg

And then some even go on to be these: 

patsgalssandals1.jpg

Then you give them gifts, lick their bung, let them pee on you, marry them, give them all your money...etc...etc...etc..

and then they end up looking like

http://fundose4u.com/images/Pictures_For_Articles/People/2013/people18.jpg

isnt life great

go jets!

Then you give them gifts, lick their bung, let them pee on you, marry them, give them all your money...etc...etc...etc..

and then they end up looking like

http://fundose4u.com/images/Pictures_For_Articles/People/2013/people18.jpg

isnt life great

go jets!

Exactly why you don't marry for looks. You f*ck for looks and marry for how someone treats you and can cook. Assuming that is you want to marry.

That is nothing near a fight.  But, carry on.

This one time, in band camp, this kid picked on me.  I almost had a fight with him.  

That is the version I like to tell.  My parents remember me crying and calling home so they could pick me up.  But I swear we almost fought.

Archived