Pats at Panthers

deucebag

Watching Belichick in post game conference makes me uncomfortable from my own living room.....dude is extremely socially awkard

I honestly think he's autistic.  I know a couple of people who have Aspergers Syndrome and while they display different signs, two things are very common.  They are all socially awkward.  That would certainly explain a lot of things with his mannerisms.  They are also very smart.  His press conferences are hysterical though.

Periera just said that there was no reason to pick the flag up. I know we all hate the Pats, but having refs decide NFL games is a ******* travesty.

Honestly,  the patriots won a super bowl because of getting all the calls.  The tuck rule was a joke, and hell, it doesn't even exist anymore and nobody knew about it back then.  

And remember years ago the Pats were a bit of a dirty defense who liked to hold, drag, bang WRs.  It worked against finesse teams like the Rams and Colts and worked when the Refs never seemed to find flags.   

So yeah it sucks when refs kind of decide games, but the Patriots have been getting calls and passes by the damn NFL (cheat and get a slap on the wrist compared to the Saints getting almost kicked out of the damn NFL)

The leg whip on Johnson was bush league.

If the NFL is serious about stopping injuries for all players rather than only QBs, that is at least a one game suspension. It was intentional and it served no purpose other than to possibly destroy a player's knee.

I wish I could punch Dilfer in the face

Why?  He is right.

Periera just said that there was no reason to pick the flag up. I know we all hate the Pats, but having refs decide NFL games is a ******* travesty.

Technically, the Panthers would have led for one untimed play, that is what the refs decided.

who says the nfl favors the pats

Stop.  You will be shunned by the JN sychophants.

Honestly,  the patriots won a super bowl because of getting all the calls.  The tuck rule was a joke, and hell, it doesn't even exist anymore and nobody knew about it back then.  

And remember years ago the Pats were a bit of a dirty defense who liked to hold, drag, bang WRs.  It worked against finesse teams like the Rams and Colts and worked when the Refs never seemed to find flags.   

So yeah it sucks when refs kind of decide games, but the Patriots have been getting calls and passes by the damn NFL (cheat and get a slap on the wrist compared to the Saints getting almost kicked out of the damn NFL)

Unlike last night, the Tuck Rule was the correct call.  The Jets benefit from the call against the Patriots a few months earlier,  "Woo hoo great call!"  The Patriots benefit, "that is BS...that is never called..there is no dynasty...where are my Namath PJs mommie!" 

If the NFL is serious about stopping injuries for all players rather than only QBs, that is at least a one game suspension. It was intentional and it served no purpose other than to possibly destroy a player's knee.

Or more.

While the fact that it happened to the Pats makes it funny....that is an absolutely horrible call.  Inexcusable.

Horrible calls happen.  It is the BS explanation.  Well, yes, if you judge it on the snapshot of the exact second Lester(?) picked it off, than yes it was the right call.  However, everyone saw Kuechly riding Gronk after Lester broke on the ball.  It would have taken an exteremly athletic play by Gronk to get his hands on the ball, but Kuechly had him wrapped up.  Like the Jets game, the Patriots left plays on the field and that is why they lost. 

Penalty or not...an awful throw by Brady there with Amendola open. Gronk had zero chance of catching the pass or even getting his hands on the ball with his momentum going out if the endzone. He made no break back on the ball prior to being grabbed by Kuechly.

Not calling Pass Interference was correct, but Illegal contact should have been the call, giving the Pats one more shot, but not at the 1.  Since the original call was PI, they had to pick up the flag and rule un-catchable.  It's why the refs didn't give much of an explanation on the field; one way or another they got it wrong.

Yeah, the Pats got screwed.  But they get no sympathy from me.  Sh*t happens.  They're still winning the division, again, and will probably still earn a bye when all is said and done.

Penalty or not...an awful throw by Brady there with Amendola open.

Yep.  Brady was under pressure and just threw it up there.  The fact that this happened and the refs were not wanting to decide the game on a penalty helped make this no-call happen.  Gronk should have made some effort to come back to the ball or fall down to get the call. 

Not calling Pass Interference was correct, but Illegal contact should have been the call, giving the Pats one more shot, but not at the 1.  Since the original call was PI, they had to pick up the flag and rule un-catchable.  It's why the refs didn't give much of an explanation on the field; one way or another they got it wrong.

Yeah, the Pats got screwed.  But they get no sympathy from me.  Sh*t happens.  They're still winning the division, again, and will probably still earn a bye when all is said and done.

I think illegal contact/defensive holding can not be called once the ball is in the air. Either its PI or nothing. 

I think illegal contact/defensive holding can not be called once the ball is in the air. Either its PI or nothing. 

Which makes it the correct call. 

Cris Carter had an interesting and funny take on this on Mike and Mike this morning. He basically broke down why it wasn't a penalty and then said that is Gronk wants the flag in that situation he'd better learn to act. Carter said if he was in that situation on the last play of the game, "I'd have won an Oscar for falling down."

Not for nothing, but I'm not sure the NFL laughs it off if Josh McCown or Geno Smith harangue and chest bump a referee while running down the tunnel. 

I didnt see the chest bump tbh. But still- even if it were correct to pick up the flag, I'd expect anyone in Brady's position to be livid at the official in the heat of the moment. He wasn't malicious in the post game.

Penalty or not...an awful throw by Brady there with Amendola open. Gronk had zero chance of catching the pass or even getting his hands on the ball with his momentum going out if the endzone. He made no break back on the ball prior to being grabbed by Kuechly.

Why? 

First, you are taking the word of a ref that retreated to the tunnel in order to get his crew's story straight. 

Second, why wouldn't they be able to change the call to say defensive holding and get it corect?  That should be the whole point of refs discussing the call.

Third, I would have been okay with them owning the error after the 'review'. 

Last, their explanation is okay for PI, but Kuechly should have been flagged for defensive holding at the very least as his arms where not protecting him from Gronk, which is allowed, and all he was doing is face guarding.  Trust me, I have seen many Patriot DBs do this over the last few years.  :) 

Again, back to my original post.  That it came down to this was the Patriots' fault and not the refs.  No sack on the first drive, they need only a FG at the end.  No fumble on the second drive, no personal foul on the third drive or running the ball on 3rd and 1 on the second to last drive and all they likely have to do is recover an onside kick.  Or it is over. 

Ok.  May I suggest anger management?  ;)

WTF are you talking about?  The F bomb I imagine will draw a fine.  If there was a chest bump, that would be the lead, not the play.

Why? 

First, you are taking the word of a ref that retreated to the tunnel in order to get his crew's story straight. 

Second, why wouldn't they be able to change the call to say defensive holding and get it corect?  That should be the whole point of refs discussing the call.

Third, I would have been okay with them owning the error after the 'review'. 

Last, their explanation is okay for PI, but Kuechly should have been flagged for defensive holding at the very least as his arms where not protecting him from Gronk, which is allowed, and all he was doing is face guarding.  Trust me, I have seen many Patriot DBs do this over the last few years.  :)

Again, back to my original post.  That it came down to this was the Patriots' fault and not the refs.  No sack on the first drive, they need only a FG at the end.  No fumble on the second drive, no personal foul on the third drive or running the ball on 3rd and 1 on the second to last drive and all they likely have to do is recover an onside kick.  Or it is over. 

Ok.  May I suggest anger management?  ;)

WTF are you talking about?  The F bomb I imagine will draw a fine.  If there was a chest bump, that would be the lead, not the play.

Go watch it again. It may not be intentional but there is contact. 

Archived