Alshton Jeffery is a BEAST

joewilly12

I've had Jeffery on my fantasy team all season and he just keeps getting better. Hey any one remember how happy Hill was when we drafted him? And that big smile he had? what the hell ever happened to that guy? at least that guy made me believe he would at least try

smokescreen'd

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=779752-jets-interested-in-alshon-jeffery

Jets | Interested in Alshon Jeffery

The New York Jets have expressed interest in South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery.

2012-04-08 10:54:50 | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=779752-jets-interested-in-alshon-jeffery#ixzz2n4rGF0IT

If your gonna make a thread bitching about a player we could've drafted in 2012, why not make one about Foles or Wilson?

Because Jeffery was "self evident" unless you work for the front office of the Jets. The target was for a WR, not a QB. 

Alshon Jeffery is a beast, but everyone here knows that since I've been saying that for how long now??? lol.

Because Jeffery was "self evident" unless you work for the front office of the Jets. The target was for a WR, not a QB. 

Alshon Jeffery is a beast, but everyone here knows that since I've been saying that for how long now??? lol.

I get it, you're upset that we didn't take Alshon, as everyone should be. But it's completely unfair to perpetuate the idea that the Jets were the only team to somehow miss on Alshon. Thirty-two teams passed on him once and twelve teams passed on him twice: besides Hill, there were five receivers selected before him and outside of Jacksonville w/Justin Blackmon, there's not a single team that wouldn't do it over. The kid had knocks against him, he overcame them and showed how dominant he could be, but to say we're the only team to miss on him is just perpetuating the same-old-jets, woe-is-me attitude that has annoyingly come to represent our fan-base.

From what I heard the Jets were jizzing themselves after watching Wilson's college tape.

I get it, you're upset that we didn't take Alshon, as everyone should be. But it's completely unfair to perpetuate the idea that the Jets were the only team to somehow miss on Alshon. Thirty-two teams passed on him once and twelve teams passed on him twice: besides Hill, there were five receivers selected before him and outside of Jacksonville w/Justin Blackmon, there's not a single team that wouldn't do it over. The kid had knocks against him, he overcame them and showed how dominant he could be, but to say we're the only team to miss on him is just perpetuating the same-old-jets, woe-is-me attitude that has annoyingly come to represent our fan-base.

Im not a fan of the other 31 teams who passed on him once and the 11 teams that passed on him twice. Im a fan of the team that passed on him once, then traded "UP" to not only pass on him twice but to take a wideout AHEAD of him. 

Trust me, of all the teams that passed on Alshon, the Jets did it in a "SPECIAL" way. lol

Im not a fan of the other 31 teams who passed on him once and the 11 teams that passed on him twice. Im a fan of the team that passed on him once, then traded "UP" to not only pass on him twice but to take a wideout AHEAD of him. 

Trust me, of all the teams that passed on Alshon, the Jets did it in a "SPECIAL" way. lol

Compared to San Francisco?

Compared to San Francisco?

I not really comparing. I just hate to read a point of view like "32 teams passed on him" etc., as if all 32 were in dire need of a WR. 

My point was, the Jets went out of their way to pass on this dude and the worst thing that I've ever heard about this kid is that he got chubby his last year in college. The same year that he caught as many balls as the guy we drafted did his entire collegiate career. To this day that has been absolutely amazing to me that we did that. I guess the people who were around to watch us pass on Marino understand such a feeling. 

To get into the comparing and "what team did what" is taking away from my original point and getting sucked into a conversation based on a premise that doesnt make sense to begin with if you're a "Jets" fan. 

I not really comparing. I just hate to read a point of view like "32 teams passed on him" etc., as if all 32 were in dire need of a WR. 

My point was, the Jets went out of their way to pass on this dude and the worst thing that I've ever heard about this kid is that he got chubby his last year in college. The same year that he caught as many balls as the guy we drafted did his entire collegiate career. To this day that has been absolutely amazing to me that we did that. I guess the people who were around to watch us pass on Marino understand such a feeling. 

To get into the comparing and "what team did what" is taking away from my original point and getting sucked into a conversation based on a premise that doesnt make sense to begin with if you're a "Jets" fan. 

You may hate to read that all 32 teams passed on him, but it's the truth. The vast majority of teams outside of Indianapolis, Washington and Jacksonville would almost assuredly taken Alshon, given what we currently know. Just because teams may not have had WR as their top priority, they don't pass up an All-pro. The same thing goes for Rodgers and Marino.  The bottom line is 32 teams did pass on Alshon, twelve of them twice and whether you want to admit it or not, the knocks on him being lazy is what caused him to drop. It's the same exact thing that's currently happening to Clowney. Teams do not want to give out multi-million dollar contracts to guys who are solely money-driven and have already shown that they are lazy, miss meetings and don't listen to coaches. He obviously fixed a lot of that, but those are real things teams have to deal with.

Archived