Sheldon to Idzik: Don't Fire Rex Ryan

bitonti

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if this team gets to .500 with this roster, every objective football observer will recognize that as an excellent coaching job. If they get blown out by the Browns and Fins, yeah maybe it's time for a change. These two games matter.

Like Craig Carton and Stephen A Smith.

The fact that he is a master motivator, that players will run through walls for this guy... that won't influence Idzik's decision?

I ******* hate those expressions.

Why?

Because they give zero consideration as to whether Rex puts the players in the best position to succeed. Look our offense, he obviously doesn't. Look at our secondary, he obviously doesn't.

If you want a ******* "master motivator" then hire Tony ******* Robbins.

if this team gets to .500 with this roster, every objective football observer will recognize that as an excellent coaching job. If they get blown out by the Browns and Fins, yeah maybe it's time for a change. These two games matter.

Enough with the woe-is-this-roster crap. Football Outsiders' median win prediction for the 2013 Jets was 7.5. Weird how those ESPN dopes who we all laughed at for ranking us 32nd are "objective football observers" all of a sudden.

Enough with the woe-is-this-roster crap. Football Outsiders' median win prediction for the 2013 Jets was 7.5. Weird how those ESPN dopes who we all laughed at for ranking us 32nd are "objective football observers" all of a sudden.

Pretty sure they thought Sanchez, Goodson, and Holmes would be playing and Hill would produce more than 1 good game.

If Idzik replaces Rex with a garbage coach that doesn't win, he will be fired when the HC is fired, and with out getting an above average QB in here next season both new coach, and Idzik could be fired if the players do revolt!

For every action, there is a reaction!

This is what should have happened when we got a new GM what makes you think Woody learned anything from this past year?

i hate the team is playing and i mean the O side but to fire a coach every 4 or 5 years will get you back to nothing we need to draft better and give this team some talent  on O maybe and just maybe  Geno can develop into a good nfl QB.t hell what do i know  if i did i would be one of those overpaid  talking heads.

Sure they didn't look at the roster they just gave it a guess.

Tell us again how we're getting Jimmy Graham and Jay Cutler. Much more realistic analysis.

Graham's a pipe dream.  I've admitted as much.  But it's not far off from the type of move we'll need to make in tandem with a great draft.  We have tons of cap space.  We can afford to make at least one big splash this offseason.

Rex tells everyone his rookies are the best from day 1, as good as Richardson is and can be he'd be better off with a different coach he just doesn't know it...what would parcells always say about impressive rookies..." hey let's not put him in the hall of fame guys,..if he keeps working hard he's got a chance to be a good player here"....

i hate the team is playing and i mean the O side but to fire a coach every 4 or 5 years will get you back to nothing we need to draft better and give this team some talent  on O maybe and just maybe  Geno can develop into a good nfl QB.t hell what do i know  if i did i would be one of those overpaid  talking heads.

As much as I disdain firing a coach, I look at teams like San Fran, who had I believe, was it Mariucci, then tried Singletary, then Finally got Harbaugh. Then I look at Seattle who I believe went through a couple including Holmgren and then finally settled on Carroll.

I mean, sure it sucks to fire your coach, but in the NFL, if you aint getting it done, you aint staying around, and 3 consecutive non-winning, non-playoff teams is basically the definition of aint getting it done. Sorry,the NFL job security for coaches is on average, about 4 years I believe, so if you are a coach in the NFL, dont get too comfy in that nice office.

Archived