Look for chargers to run table

77DRAFT

I know it sounds crazy, but they have become a road team,

and don't seem to mind cold weather.

They're a lot like the Giants last two teams, get hot at the right

time, and they're lucky, if they blow out Denver in Denver

again, they should be favored the rest of the way.  They're 

probably better than Denver and New England.

Quote from Bill Belicheat-

"Let's go to the video tape."

I refuse to believe Peyton Manning will allow his Broncos to lose at home again in the postseason. His legacy juxtaposed with Tom Brady rests on it. For all his accomplishments, if he finishes with 1 ring, that's all people will look at years from now.

And Brady didn't even watch football this weekend. Not sure if that's a boss move or teh gay.

I have been on the San Diego SUPER-CHARGERS bus since the Jets were eliminated.  As a Jets fan for 50 years how can I root for any team other than the most abject underdog?  Go Chargers!

EDIT:  Yeah, bitches.  I have seen a Jets' Super Bowl!

Based on the Eagles schedule, he's right. 

The Eagles opponent in their last four home openers all went on to win the Super Bowl. Their opponent in their home opener in 2013? The Chargers. 

Damn!  Thats dropping some knowledge right there.  If the Chargers win the Super Bowl this year, I putting 5k down on the Eagles home opener next season to win the SB.

Andrew Luck is the Truth.  I need him to win this week as well.  As fun as a Manning-Brady AFC Title Game would be, Manning-Luck would be fine too.

It's going to come down to what narrative the NFL thinks they make more money from:

Brady vs. Manning - end the debate about which is better

Manning vs. Luck - Old Colt vs. Young Colt

My take is, nobody outside of New England likes the Patriots, while Peyton Manning made the Colts a "national" team, like Jordan did for the Bulls basically. The Colts continue to reep that "national" fanfare with Luck, while Manning has re-ignited the "national" stature of the Broncos, that was put in place when Elway played.

Long story short, Colts vs. Broncos makes more money, IMO.

If Goodell can arrange it, that'll be the matchup... unless Kraft pulls strings / writes checks.

phillip rivers is growing on me, which is saying a lot from a UNC alum

It's all about Mike McCoy.  

Think about it, he put together different offenses for Orton, Tebow, Manning, and Rivers and has succeeded with each.    You hear stories about QBs not being the "right fit" for a certain offense and then you have McCoy who plays to his players' strengths.   

Mike McCoy deserves coach of the year, there just isn't a lot of talent on that team and he has them in the final 8.  

It's all about Mike McCoy.  

Think about it, he put together different offenses for Orton, Tebow, Manning, and Rivers and has succeeded with each.    You hear stories about QBs not being the "right fit" for a certain offense and then you have McCoy who plays to his players' strengths.   

Mike McCoy deserves coach of the year, there just isn't a lot of talent on that team and he has them in the final 8.  

Offensive minded coaches dont win Coach of the year honors.

They're the 2009 Jets. Got in through lucky breaks and playing against backups, comfortably beat Cincy in the 1st round. They'll beat Denver and lose to LUCK,

Stop. they won their last 4 games, one of those against DENVER. The Jets got in on the Ghost of "Curtis Painter".

WOW, like the 2009 Jets? Please.

Stop. they won their last 4 games, one of those against DENVER. The Jets got in on the Ghost of "Curtis Painter".

Yeah.  The Chiefs resting Smith, Charles, Bowe and Avery the entire game is nothing like Curtis Painter playing a half.  Never mind the missed chipshot field goal and failure to call the obvioius penalty requiring an NFL apology.  It's not like the Steelers were robbed or anything.   sh*t the Chiefs only started Fisher and the FB.  The other 20 starters were all backups.  

Yeah.  The Chiefs resting Smith, Charles, Bowe and Avery the entire game is nothing like Curtis Painter playing a half.  Never mind the missed chipshot field goal and failure to call the obvioius penalty requiring an NFL apology.  It's not like the Steelers were robbed or anything.   sh*t the Chiefs only started Fisher and the FB.  The other 20 starters were all backups.  

All valid points BUT, they won their last 4 games. I dont recall how many the Jets actually won or lost going into 2009, but I dont think they actually went on a streak like the Chargers did after being 5-7 and finsihing 9-7.

Maybe they did and I dont remember, do you?

All valid points BUT, they won their last 4 games. I dont recall how many the Jets actually won or lost going into 2009, but I dont think they actually went on a streak like the Chargers did after being 5-7 and finsihing 9-7.

Among their seven inactive players are quarterback Alex Smith, running back Jamaal Charles, offensive tackle Branden Albert, nose tackle Dontari Poe and linebacker Derrick Johnson as well as two injured players, wide receiver Dwayne Bowe and linebacker Tamba Hali.

Wow!  Who could compete with that Chiefs team?  The Jets won 5 out of their last 6, the lone loss being 10-7 to the Falcons at home when Marky Mark threw 3 INTs.  If you are keeping score at home, that means the Jets won three straight, lost the squeaker to Atlanta, then won four straight before losing to the Colts in the Hoosier Dome. 

Wow!  Who could compete with that Chiefs team?  The Jets won 5 out of their last 6, the lone loss being 10-7 to the Falcons at home when Marky Mark threw 3 INTs.  If you are keeping score at home, that means the Jets won three straight, lost the squeaker to Atlanta, then won four straight before losing to the Colts in the Hoosier Dome. 

WOW, I need to apologize to the poster who I originally responded to. He was right, it was similar to the 2009 Jets. I stand corrected.

They're the 2009 Jets. Got in through lucky breaks and playing against backups, comfortably beat Cincy in the 1st round. They'll beat Denver and lose to LUCK,

Please disregard my original response to you. I was wrong, and you were right. It is eerily similar to the 2009 Jets.

I apologize for my initial response.

By the way, was the 10-7 Atlanta loss, the game where after in his news conference, our Genious coach declared us Mathematically eliminated from the Playoffs?

Jets were 5-6, so won 4 out of 5, and count the playoffs 6 out of 7 before losing AFCCG, and a 4 game winning streak 3 out of 4 on the road from Week 16 to AFCCG. Some how that trash QB Sanchez was winning that game 17-6, and than Drew Coleman happened with less than a minute to go in the 1st half, and it was all down hill from there. If Coleman doesn't miss time that jump to knock down that deep pass late in the 1st half the Jets might have actually won that game.

look at the schedule they played to get in.  I wrote them off around week 10. 

Denver

Miami

Kansas city

Cincinnati

giants (ok, lol)

Denver

Oakland (ok, lol)

Kansas city

You probably wrote them off after they flopped against the Redskins.  That was tough to do this year.  They did a decent enough job, but they went 5-3 down the stretch and the only games they won that they weren't expected to were the first Chiefs game (2nd was against the JV) and the second Broncos game. They may be peaking at the right time, but I'm not so sure. Denver is a tough place to win, but divisional games in the playoffs are tough to predict.  Too much familiarity.  It should be interesting.

WOW, I need to apologize to the poster who I originally responded to. He was right, it was similar to the 2009 Jets. I stand corrected.

Please disregard my original response to you. I was wrong, and you were right. It is eerily similar to the 2009 Jets.

I apologize for my initial response.

What a fantastic exchange. 

Archived