2014 free agents

joewilly12

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The receivers are a little deeper than I realized, lots of good 2's and 3's on there, 15-20 guys deep. Even if we can just walk away from free agency signing a couple of the guys in the 10-20 range (say, Cooper and Britt), that would help a lot. Similarly, most of the top 10 tight ends could help us, also.

Let's start with Golden Tate and Garret Graham and go from there.

I just saw a mock (I believe on Yahoo) which has us taking Johnny Jets favorite receiver at #18, EVANS. If the Jets stay at 18, I love this pick. Dude is big, strong, and fights for the ball. Pair him with one of your FA's and we are set at WR.

I just saw a mock (I believe on Yahoo) which has us taking Johnny Jets favorite receiver at #18, EVANS. If the Jets stay at 18, I love this pick. Dude is big, strong, and fights for the ball. Pair him with one of your FA's and we are set at WR.

We can have them all. Graham is a TE.

QB - Shaun Hill - 33, career 85 rating, almost 1,000 pass attempts in the league

OG - resign colon.  he's the 3rd highest rated OG available.  ouch

overall a very "meh" group.

there will be no Favre, Tomlinson, moment in this off season, no big names for jets fans

QB - Shaun Hill - 33, career 85 rating, almost 1,000 pass attempts in the league

OG - resign colon.  he's the 3rd highest rated OG available.  ouch

overall a very "meh" group.

there will be no Favre, Tomlinson, moment in this off season, no big names for jets fans

Ill be happy if they just bring in a few solid players. I'm not looking to buy a new jersey I'm just trying to make it through next season without wanting to smash the tv.

The defensive names look better than the offensive ones. I think that's where most of the big money is gonna go.

I'd take Hill, Henne, or Flynn as a backup/potential starting QB.

A lot of WR names. I'd like to see them land a Maclin, Decker, Tate, or Nicks, and then maybe another guy lower on the list for small money after the market dries up. Wish the TE list was more impressive.

I feel like Dexter McCluster makes some sense.

I would love to have a back with his speed. Goodson looked like that guy but couldn't stay out of trouble. McCluster is a Sproles type and would be great on slip screens and sideline dumpoffs and could make a lot of YAC yards.

The defensive names look better than the offensive ones. I think that's where most of the big money is gonna go.

A lot of WR names. I'd like to see them land a Maclin, Decker, Tate, or Nicks, and then maybe another guy lower on the list for small money after the market dries up. Wish the TE list was more impressive.

Jets will address TE in the draft with Ebron.

I like Orakpo if he can be had for a reasonable amount of $$.    He is a 10+ sack guy in this defense and would have a huge impact on an already good D.   

Assuming the QBs go early in the draft, the guy I think makes sense to compete with Geno is Blaine Gabbert.   He's still only 23 or 24 and he was on some god awful teams in Jax.   I'd rather see Gabbert than Flynn or Henne.  

I like Orakpo if he can be had for a reasonable amount of $$. He is a 10+ sack guy in this defense and would have a huge impact on an already good D.

Assuming the QBs go early in the draft, the guy I think makes sense to compete with Geno is Blaine Gabbert. He's still only 23 or 24 and he was on some god awful teams in Jax. I'd rather see Gabbert than Flynn or Henne.

Oh man adding Orakpo to the front 7 would be sick. If they could reneg Cro and Harris, sign two safeties, a WR and Orakpo. Resign Colon and Howard and then draft offensive skills.

I would love to have a back with his speed. Goodson looked like that guy but couldn't stay out of trouble. McCluster is a Sproles type and would be great on slip screens and sideline dumpoffs and could make a lot of YAC yards.

McCluster is basically a wide receiver now. Hardly ever see him in the backfield.

I like Orakpo if he can be had for a reasonable amount of $$. He is a 10+ sack guy in this defense and would have a huge impact on an already good D.

Assuming the QBs go early in the draft, the guy I think makes sense to compete with Geno is Blaine Gabbert. He's still only 23 or 24 and he was on some god awful teams in Jax. I'd rather see Gabbert than Flynn or Henne.

Blaine Gabbert was the reason the Jax teams were awful. He's a terrible QB.

I like Orakpo if he can be had for a reasonable amount of $$.    He is a 10+ sack guy in this defense and would have a huge impact on an already good D.   

Assuming the QBs go early in the draft, the guy I think makes sense to compete with Geno is Blaine Gabbert.   He's still only 23 or 24 and he was on some god awful teams in Jax.   I'd rather see Gabbert than Flynn or Henne.  

Orakpo and a safety are the only defensive FA's I want.

McCluster is basically a wide receiver now. Hardly ever see him in the backfield.

Seems like something they might be looking for if you consider the desire for Austin and the way they used Cribbs.  This is why a bunch of us like the idea of Black Mamba or Dri Archer.  Mornhinweg and Geno have had success with guys that seem like punt returners.  Ironic that they Jets don't have a punt returner. 

He wasn't the only reason.  

I see all of these posts about drafting manziel, or bridgewater or signing a FA.   Peyton Manning isn't coming here....neither is Rodgers, Luck, Ryan, etc...    People need to come to terms with the reality of the QB situation.    The top guys will be gone at 18, the Jason Campbells of the world are garbage, and Geno probably isn't the answer.   

Signs him. We all get excited. He gets hurt and misses season.

Is that what you were going for?

High ceiling, low cost, extensive injury history, athletically gifted, not afraid of guys who have not played in a bit.  Everyone of the following signings is covered by the majority of those criteria:  Garrard, Goodson, Ivory, Colon, Peterman, Winslow, Garay, Massoquoi and Titus Ryan.

I would like the signing.  Work him out if he is okay, sign him for 3 years cheapish and keep the bonus low so you can dump him. 

High ceiling, low cost, extensive injury history, athletically gifted, not afraid of guys who have not played in a bit.  Everyone of the following signings is covered by the majority of those criteria:  Garrard, Goodson, Ivory, Colon, Peterman, Winslow, Garay, Massoquoi and Titus Ryan.

I would like the signing.  Work him out if he is okay, sign him for 3 years cheapish and keep the bonus low so you can dump him. 

I know, just busting chops. He is wicked injury prone though,  not just this past year.

Forget Cro. Sign Verner.

Agreed.

High ceiling, low cost, extensive injury history, athletically gifted, not afraid of guys who have not played in a bit.  

I'm really hoping that this was his M.O., for this past, cap-strapped off-season...and that we won't be dumpster diving for talent throughout his tenure.

Every now and then you need to pony up for a stud.  I think he learned that in Seattle [see: Sydney Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin, etc]

*fingers crossed* 

I'm really hoping that this was his M.O., for this past, cap-strapped off-season...and that we won't be dumpster diving for talent throughout his tenure.

Every now and then you need to pony up for a stud.  I think he learned that in Seattle [see: Sydney Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin, etc]

*fingers crossed* 

You can do both.  The whole purpose of getting bargains is so that you have flexibility to strike when the stud you want becomes available. 

The deepest FA talent is at CB, I think the Jets could dip into this market if someone gives Cromartie a decent contract after we cut him, or even go in another direction than Cromartie if that's what Idzik want to do.

And if the Bills are stupid enough to not franchise Byrd, the Jets better have a welcome wagon at his front stoop, and a blank check!

Forget Cro. Sign Verner.

Or the Captain!  Or Shields.  Cro will probably be here next year thou, the CB FA market is so deep that he will get cut, test the market, talk to the Jets about his crappy offers, and sign a 1 year show me deal with the Jets.

Combined age of our current safeties: 66

Combined age of Seattle's current safeties: 49

I would have given up our whole 2010 draft class (K Wilson, V Ducasse, J McKnight, and J Connor) for Earl Thomas then, and would laugh about it now!  And to think that Seattle got Chancellor in the 5th round that same year, while we are picking the likes of J McKnight.

I would have given up our whole 2010 draft class (K Wilson, V Ducasse, J McKnight, and J Connor) for Earl Thomas then, and would laugh about it now!  And to think that Seattle got Chancellor in the 5th round that same year, while we are picking the likes of J McKnight.

Joe "sat on my couch with 8% body fat all season" McKnight. 

Archived