ylekram's mock offseason

ylekram

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what this team needs. Some nasty ass attitude on offense. If he was a big ass nasty black NT writers would be on his dick. Saying how great he is.

I hope they sign him, I'll buy both his home and away jerseys.

Colon doesn't get enough penalties? 

In 44 games with the Rams, he racked up 38 penalties, including seven for unnecessary roughness, the most of any player during that timeframe. 

The Rams finally had enough of Incognito in 2009 after he twice head-butted Titans players and then got into a confrontation with then-coach Steve Spagnuolo. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/2733/revisiting-incognito-and-the-rams

No, they'll cut him. There won't even be talk about "restructuring" or "giving back money," they'll just release him and eat cap cost.

Then, Sanchez will field offers. I suspect he'll be offered more elsewhere than what the Jets are willing to pay, and that'll be that. The Jets won't look at him again until he goes thru that process.

Thank you.

That's what this team needs. Some nasty ass attitude on offense. If he was a big ass nasty black NT writers would be on his dick. Saying how great he is.

I hope they sign him, I'll buy both his home and away jerseys.

I agree with Mick.  Adding nastiness (and probowl talent, to boot) isn't going to harm this locker room.  What shy guy do we have on our OL is going to make a big deal about a potty mouth?  Aboushi?  **** that guy. 

Please, no restructure, no re-sign, no tattoo, no buttfumble, just end another nightmare chapter in suffering Jet fans history.

my apologies. I out-thought myself here. he is the best qb on the roster(by a nose) but it took him 5 years to get to "a little better than a bad rookie" status. genos bad play made me temporarily forget how bad sanchez is. mock offseason fixed. cutting sanchez and saying goodbye forever is the move

No, they'll cut him. There won't even be talk about "restructuring" or "giving back money," they'll just release him and eat cap cost.

Then, Sanchez will field offers. I suspect he'll be offered more elsewhere than what the Jets are willing to pay, and that'll be that. The Jets won't look at him again until he goes thru that process.

generally agree the only way Mark would stay is if he REALLY wanted to stay. He would have to come to the Jets and offer.

Which, considering his love of Broadway and fashion models, isn't 100% impossible. 

my apologies. I out-thought myself here. he is the best qb on the roster(by a nose) but it took him 5 years to get to "a little better than a bad rookie" status. genos bad play made me temporarily forget how bad sanchez is. mock offseason fixed. cutting sanchez and saying goodbye forever is the move

gnaturally

wfiw, I added only 4 defensive players thru the draft/free agency & 14 players on the offensive side

Benjamin does lack some dynamics for sure, but if he were more dynamic being his size, he would be a top 5 lock at wr in the draft

he also relies on his size, not his speed or dynamic ability, therefore his skillset will not deteriorate due to coming into later years, so his age shouldn't be a factor. he might be a reach at pick 18, but I think come draft time, he goes in the top 20. jmo.

as far as the te, I agree. somewhat of a reach. but I don't think he last to the 3rd round(which is where I would like to grab him). like you said, the te class is a little underwhelming this year, ebron and amaro are gone in the 1st, and his skillset is what I think the jets need. the jets don't need a game breaker at te that cant block or a te that can block well but cant catch passes worth a damn. I like the jack of all trades when it comes to te's.

Like I said, I dont want to rip apart your draft.   Its way too early to know.  And dont get me wrong, I want Benji...just think he'll be there in the 2nd when we pick again.

I think TE would be nice...but I'm not as desperate as some to fill that position.  I'd be fine with Cumberland and Winslow again to be honest.  If we can upgrade great, but not a position that I'd go reaching on.

Thank you, nice to know that your temporary loss of your senses has been recovered. Next time it happens, try copious volumes of Coors Lite.

Thank you, nice to know that your temporary loss of your senses has been recovered. Next time it happens, try copious volumes of Coors Lite.

ahhh, been on the wagon now for some time. copious amounts of jim beam black on the rocks was my thing. total loss of senses.lol

just bored, nothing alse really going on in jets land, and most importantly, just for fun

in this mock, idzik's full offseason with plenty of cap money and draft picks, he goes all out and spends to the hilt

there are plenty of holes to fill on this roster, and idzik didn't get the memo that you cant fill them all in one offseason

re-signs

rt - Austin howard (Yes)

k - nick folk (Yes)

dt - leger douzable (Yes)

olb - calvin pace - on the cheap or let him walk (No)

olb - garrett McIntyre (Yes)

lb - josh mauga - decided on him instead of bellore. more upside,imo (Yes)

cb - Darrin walls (Yes)

cb - Aaron berry (Yes)

cb - ellis lankster - decided on him over issaih trufant. better size, more upside, special teams guy (Yes)

te - jeff Cumberland - see how free agency and the draft pan out. he has gotta be cheap or walk (Yes)

contract extentions

none- wilks has a coupla years to waite. maybe damon Harrison if the price is right

cuts

cb - Antonio cromartie - wrong side of 30, not worth the money, age and injury catching up with his athleticism (Yes)

wr - santonio holmes - mistake (Yes)

qb - sanchez (Yes)

free agents

olb - brian orakpo - jets spend some money here for the best olb in free agency (Yes)

wr - hakeem nicks - injured lately, change of scenery does him well, even if it is just across the street (No)

og - Richie incognito - will come cheap & can produce. dickhead? yes. locker room cancer? no. not worried about the Miami incident (Yes)

cb - captain mannerly - young up & comer at cb (Who?)

ss - t.j. ward - jets spend some big money here for the best safety in free agency 

qb - chad henne -  hell, he is better than geno, not much better, but the jets need competition at qb (Yes)

draft

1st - wr - kelvin Benjamin - jets qb's are innacurate. need some size at wr. cant teach 6'6", 240 lb., with a 10' wingspan (Hell No)

2nd - te - cj fiedorowicz - te's coming off the board fast this draft. another fast, large target, that can catch & block  (Yes, just not in rd 2, but in rd 3)

3rd - qb - zack mettenberger - injury will let this kid slide to the 3rd. jets will be drafting qb's till one sticks

3rd - og - chris watt - incognito holds the fort till this kid is ready to take over

4th - cb - keith McGill - he might be there in the 4th

5th - rb - andre Williams/james wilder jr. - running backs tend to slide. a decent one will be there in the 5th

5th - wr - Brandon coleman - another larger wr that could use some bench time to develop

6th - ot - Cameron fleming - not sold on the lineman that were drafted last year. might find a devepmental gem here

7th - te - colt lyerla - jets take a shot on a troubled but talented player here (Yes) (Yes) (Yes)

7th - rb - silas red - injured but talented. its the 7th round, give me a break

remember, just for fun but this is jetnation so feel free to swing away

just bored, nothing alse really going on in jets land, and most importantly, just for fun

in this mock, idzik's full offseason with plenty of cap money and draft picks, he goes all out and spends to the hilt

there are plenty of holes to fill on this roster, and idzik didn't get the memo that you cant fill them all in one offseason

re-signs

rt - Austin howard

k - nick folk

dt - leger douzable

olb - calvin pace - on the cheap or let him walk

olb - garrett McIntyre

lb - josh mauga - decided on him instead of bellore. more upside,imo

cb - Darrin walls

cb - Aaron berry

cb - ellis lankster - decided on him over issaih trufant. better size, more upside, special teams guy

te - jeff Cumberland - see how free agency and the draft pan out. he has gotta be cheap or walk

contract extentions

none- wilks has a coupla years to waite. maybe damon Harrison if the price is right

cuts

cb - Antonio cromartie - wrong side of 30, not worth the money, age and injury catching up with his athleticism

wr - santonio holmes - mistake

qb - sanchez

free agents

olb - brian orakpo - jets spend some money here for the best olb in free agency

wr - hakeem nicks - injured lately, change of scenery does him well, even if it is just across the street

og - Richie incognito - will come cheap & can produce. dickhead? yes. locker room cancer? no. not worried about the Miami incident

cb - captain mannerly - young up & comer at cb

ss - t.j. ward - jets spend some big money here for the best safety in free agency

qb - chad henne -  hell, he is better than geno, not much better, but the jets need competition at qb

draft

1st - wr - kelvin Benjamin - jets qb's are innacurate. need some size at wr. cant teach 6'6", 240 lb., with a 10' wingspan

2nd - te - cj fiedorowicz - te's coming off the board fast this draft. another fast, large target, that can catch & block

3rd - qb - zack mettenberger - injury will let this kid slide to the 3rd. jets will be drafting qb's till one sticks

3rd - og - chris watt - incognito holds the fort till this kid is ready to take over

4th - cb - keith McGill - he might be there in the 4th

5th - rb - andre Williams/james wilder jr. - running backs tend to slide. a decent one will be there in the 5th

5th - wr - Brandon coleman - another larger wr that could use some bench time to develop

6th - ot - Cameron fleming - not sold on the lineman that were drafted last year. might find a devepmental gem here

7th - te - colt lyerla - jets take a shot on a troubled but talented player here

7th - rb - silas red - injured but talented. its the 7th round, give me a break

remember, just for fun but this is jetnation so feel free to swing away

Like the Benjamin pick, hate the FA pickups and it is not Idzik's style. Big ticket FA is NOT the way to build a team

If Sanchez isn't cut my March 8 (is that right?) He costs the team $8.3M (is that right?). I'm not sure a re-structure is possible due to the language of his contract. I could be wrong, and just parroting bad information, but I coulda swore that's why he's an assumed goner.

Language can always be changed with mutual agreement. Sanchez is assumed a goner cuz of his 2014 base n bonus figures, both of which can be reduced. To remain a Jet, he'll likely have to take like a $5-6 mil paycut n then earn most of it in incentives based on playing time n other factors. I prefer he stays, unless we ignore the offense again.

Like the Benjamin pick, hate the FA pickups and it is not Idzik's style. Big ticket FA is NOT the way to build a team

How could u tell what Idziks style is? Last yr was different. He has a ton of money, most if which needs to be spent. We will have at least two big FA signings n several decent ones.

I don't know where that idea is coming from, but lots of people have said stuff like that. Yet the Seahawks have been active in free agency and in trades. In recent years, they have traded for Lynch (big name) and Harvin (also big name), signed Flynn (big name at the time), and they have made other big pickups I can't remember off the top of my head.

Of course, Idzik was not even the GM so who knows what his take on all of that was?

However, we shouldn't be basing anything off of his lack of activity last off-season, since the Jets were up against the cap. This year, they aren't.

Also, I disagree with you about not wanting to sign big ticket FAs. There's nothing wrong with it. It just has to be a part of your broader approach, not your entire approach as it was for Tannenbaum.

Language can always be changed with mutual agreement. Sanchez is assumed a goner cuz of his 2014 base n bonus figures, both of which can be reduced. To remain a Jet, he'll likely have to take like a $5-6 mil paycut n then earn most of it in incentives based on playing time n other factors. I prefer he stays, unless we ignore the offense again.

This isn't going to happen. He's getting cut. A $5-6M paycut wouldn't begin to cover it. He's due a $2M roster bonus this year, and a $9M salary in 2014, then another $1M bonus each of the next two years, and salaries of $12.5M and $10.75M, respectively. There's no way they'll come to some agreement to pare that down - they're just going to cut him. If they want him back, they'll deal with that afterwards.

The dead money charge of $3.2M is inconsequential in a year when they have plenty of space, and clears $1.6M from each of the next two seasons' caps when money might be a little tighter.

Archived