Cooper signing 4 yr deal w/ Philly

eboozer

Agreed.  I made this same point a while ago when others were saying why would Maclin choose a Rex Ryan offense over Chip Kelly's.  Disregarding Peyton Manning, odds are that a receiver would put up better numbers in which he's the focal point, like he would be here or the places you mentioned, compared to just a roll player in philly's with Jackson, Cooper, McCoy and Ertz who's supposed to have a very large part in the offense this coming year.

Like a dinner roll?

idzik doesnt entice... he offers vet min contracts and the choice of take it or leave it.

How The Jets Will Draft This Year, Guaranteed:

#18: CB or DT

#49: QB

#69 & #80: G

#114 & 134: [traded for veteran RB]

#149 & #169: OT

#189: DT-to-G conversion project

#226, #246, & #251: FB

That would be disappointing, as he was the guy I really wanted/expected the Jets to go after. Hopefully Mornhinweg is doing a little behind the scenes tampering. If all Philly is willing to do is a one year deal, I'd like to think the Jets could entice him with a multi-year contract.

Same, which leads me to believe that he was being honest when he said he wanted to stay there and understood it'd be on a one year deal. He's already been through a couple major surgeries, It's hard to imagine that his agents couldn't convince him to at least test the market and try to secure some more money for his future.  The thought of ending his career on another hit has to be running through his head. 

This year the team's cap (and roster) situation is totally the same as March of last year. Impressive of you to notice that. Keen eye you've got there.

Waaaah.  

Let me know when they resign Austin Howard. Or Nick Folk. 

you guys are living in a dream world where Idzik is cheap and ruthless in year 1 and spendy and friendly in year 2. Wake up. He's cheap and ruthless all the time. and it's unclear that anyone is getting paid. there's no big WR signing coming. It's gonna be Kenny Britt and Oday aboushi starting at RT. And we are all gonna watch it anyway.

How The Jets Will Draft This Year, Guaranteed:

#18: CB or DT

#49: QB

#69 & #80: G

#114 & 134: [traded for veteran RB]

#149 & #169: OT

#189: DT-to-G conversion project

#226, #246, & #251: FB

I'd like to say that I disagree, but you can't argue with history.  Really anticipating that influx of talent at FB, gonna finally bolster that ground game.

Really, this is the other side of the coin.

I don't know what Maclin's knee is like (think that's what he injured and I'm feeling to lazy too look it up). But if it's in decent shape - keep in mind the season doesn't begin for another 6 months - he's far more likely to have a major positive impact on this team than Cooper. Though I don't know if the Jets are even interested, I think a team with our roster looks at everybody because pretty much everybody available is an upgrade. Ugh, how sad.

Rumor in Philly is that Maclin is close to signing a one year deal back with the Eagles

That would be disappointing, as he was the guy I really wanted/expected the Jets to go after. Hopefully Mornhinweg is doing a little behind the scenes tampering. If all Philly is willing to do is a one year deal, I'd like to think the Jets could entice him with a multi-year contract.

According to Schefty, Maclin and his agents may be coming to the realization what we all have been mentioning, that even with his ACL, he'd get a better deal on the open market.  Gut feeling I still think he stays in Philly, but I too was that hoping that MM connection would have brought him here.

Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Eagles are talking with free agent Jeremy Maclin but are not close to a deal.
The Eagles wanted to lock up Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, Riley Cooper and Maclin before the new league year opened. All the deals are done except for Maclin's. It's a tricky situation because he's coming off a torn ACL and the Eagles just gave Riley Cooper a $25 million deal with $10 million guaranteed. Maclin has conceded he may have to accept a one-year deal, but it now looks like he could find better opportunities elsewhere on a team with fewer mouths to feed (the Jets are reportedly very interested). Eagles beat reporters fully expect a deal to get done in the next 12 days, but it's far from a sure thing. Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Feb 27 - 9:33 AM

There is no one that can say they know how Idzik operates based on one year with strapped resources- just because the Jets have cap room who wants to throw big money at players that are not worth it

Are you sure?  Bitonti told me that the Garrard signing means Idzik is unwilling to spend to make the roster better. 

Are you sure?  Bitonti told me that the Garrard signing means Idzik is unwilling to spend to make the roster better. 

Idzik will resign no one, and will sign bargain basement free agents. 

Let me know when this statement is disproven.  Cause I hope to be wrong. 

you guys are living in a dream world where Idzik is cheap and ruthless in year 1 and spendy and friendly in year 2. Wake up. He's cheap and ruthless all the time. and it's unclear that anyone is getting paid. there's no big WR signing coming. It's gonna be Kenny Britt and Oday aboushi starting at RT. And we are all gonna watch it anyway.

Yeah, I sure hope he gives David Harris a $9M/year extension with $30M of the $36M guaranteed. That'll show you how awesome Idzik is!

If we re-sign Howard it'll be for what he's worth. Ditto Folk. A little above it, fine it's worth it because you know exactly what you're buying and at least in Howard's case continuity on the OL may have a little more value in the first part of the upcoming season. If Folk demands $4M-5M/year or he's walking I will be livid if he pays it. Ditto if Austin Howard wants north of $7-8M/year.

Same, which leads me to believe that he was being honest when he said he wanted to stay there and understood it'd be on a one year deal. He's already been through a couple major surgeries, It's hard to imagine that his agents couldn't convince him to at least test the market and try to secure some more money for his future. The thought of ending his career on another hit has to be running through his head.

Your leavening out the guy who drafted him and runs a better offense than MM that's Andy Reid in KC

I want ruthless.  **** 'em.  Giants cut Bavaro.  

Archived