Should the Jets get some new players?

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think we should not overspend for free agents, or draft players that aren't worth it with high picks.

Agreed. That old strategy was stupid. We should look for new players on the cheap who are as good or better than the expensive ones. A real head-scratcher why this strategy was ignored so much in the past.

Also I'm tired of the Jets drafting players that aren't awesome. Everyone else's drafts have a minimum of 4-5 solid starters in every draft class and at least 2 of them are great players. Another stupid strategy where we draft guys who aren't good. I hope that strategy changes as well because it isn't working.

Lastly I think the Jets should draft a QB who is smart enough and talented enough to overcome those games when the defense lets up some points. Also some better receivers to make that QB's job easier. Again, another foolhardy strategy in the past to draft and then double-down on QBs and receivers who don't fill these needs. It's bizarre.

I say we troll the prisons. So much wasted talent there. Plus, Woody can sell advertising space on the giant metal-detector they all run through during the pre-game team announcement.

This. Adam Sandler found Michael Irvin, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Nelly. And look how they did.

You know, another option to consider is acquiring one of these fancy little "new players" via trade.  Of course the Jets should only trade for proven top level players who are still young, but also be sure not to give up anything of value in the trade, nor take on any contract of significance.  But yeah, if they can meet those few simple criteria, I think the trade market may be the way to go.

Agreed. That old strategy was stupid. We should look for new players on the cheap who are as good or better than the expensive ones. A real head-scratcher why this strategy was ignored so much in the past.

Also I'm tired of the Jets drafting players that aren't awesome. Everyone else's drafts have a minimum of 4-5 solid starters in every draft class and at least 2 of them are great players. Another stupid strategy where we draft guys who aren't good. I hope that strategy changes as well because it isn't working.

Lastly I think the Jets should draft a QB who is smart enough and talented enough to overcome those games when the defense lets up some points. Also some better receivers to make that QB's job easier. Again, another foolhardy strategy in the past to draft and then double-down on QBs and receivers who don't fill these needs. It's bizarre.

I'm starting to pick up your sarcasm.

Don't be such a dumbass.

Austin was on the other team.

NO, he was part of the mean machine.  You're thinking of Bozworth and/or Romanowski.

Get it straight.  dumbass

Either way, the point remains...prison is a great recruiting ground.  Hell of a TE in there right now in fact. 

NO, he was part of the mean machine.  You're thinking of Bozworth and/or Romanowski.

Get it straight.  dumbass

Either way, the point remains...prison is a great recruiting ground.  Hell of a TE in there right now in fact. 

You're thinking of Goldberg. Austin played the racist guard who bullied Nelly and played air guitar in the locker room.

457836-s600x450-77275.jpg

I say we troll the prisons.  So much wasted talent there.  Plus, Woody can sell advertising space on the giant metal-detector they all run through during the pre-game team announcement.  

Do they have prisons in Australia?  I feel like we only target their sports teams.  Why stop there?

Do they have prisons in Australia?  I feel like we only target their sports teams.  Why stop there?

Our prisons are mostly filled with fat drug dealers or people doing their best impression of Darren Sharper, without the football. I think we should grab Jared Lorenzen - Instant game changer. Just look at those cheeks.

111hefty.jpg

Our prisons are mostly filled with fat drug dealers or people doing their best impression of Darren Sharper, without the football. I think we should grab Jared Lorenzen - Instant game changer. Just look at those cheeks.

111hefty.jpg

He would have an impact on the bottom line.  Concession sales would go way up.

Archived