Jet Pro Day Visits. Checking on Mack, Garrappolo

eboozer

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31 · 26m

Told #Jets sent a scout to Virginia University of Lynchburg campus today to watch CB @KLou_3 workout.. They like him http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kr1zCOcBZw

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31 · 29m

#Jets were at the following Pro Days today: Alabama State, Buffalo, Auburn, and Eastern Illinois.

I read that Jim Harbaugh was out there to personally vet Garopollo. Does anyone think the Niners wouldn't hesitate to trade Kaepernick to avoid paying him his $18 mil plus?

Maybe he's scouting for when he gets traded to the Browns, then fired by them after 8 games and hired by the Patriots. 

Maybe he's scouting for when he gets traded to the Browns, then fired by them after 8 games and hired by the Patriots.

Ha. Could be. But Harbaugh is the kind of guy that believes he can make any decent prospect into a Pro Bowl QB. For as successful as the Niners have been with Kaepernick, it's not unreasonable to think they could do better.

Ha. Could be. But Harbaugh is the kind of guy that believes he can make any decent prospect into a Pro Bowl QB. For as successful as the Niners have been with Kaepernick, it's not unreasonable to think they could do better.

The Jets should leap at any opportunity they have to get a guy like Kaepernick, $17m or not... guaranteed franchise QB? I'd give up 2 1st's and pay that contract.

The Jets should leap at any opportunity they have to get a guy like Kaepernick, $17m or not... guaranteed franchise QB? I'd give up 2 1st's and pay that contract.

we dont have the oline to support him

that being said its much easier to revamp the oline then get a franchise qb

I'm not a huge Kaepernick fan.  He throws and he runs, but he doesn't seem to quarterback much.  He doesn't seem to have much touch. I think he is more of a wild card that can make wild plays.  He fits what we are doing here, but I don't know if I'd want to go giving him a Flacco contract.

I do not like Kaepernick very much, personally. I think he's got a long way to go as a passer.

Between the Flacco/Stafford/Cutler absurd contracts, the Seahawks/Niners model working...this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Eventually you'll see the salaries shift back.

Between the Flacco/Stafford/Cutler absurd contracts, the Seahawks/Niners model working...this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Eventually you'll see the salaries shift back.

IMO, if the spread keeps working its way into the NFL, you don't need a genius QB to run that kind of system and there won't be as much of a premium on finding the perfect QB.

I'm not a huge Kaepernick fan.  He throws and he runs, but he doesn't seem to quarterback much.  He doesn't seem to have much touch. I think he is more of a wild card that can make wild plays.  He fits what we are doing here, but I don't know if I'd want to go giving him a Flacco contract.

Even Baltimore now looks like they dont want to give Flacco a Flacco contract. 

Sanchez made it to 2 championship games with a less talented team. Kaepernick will be hot garbage when his legs go

I read that Jim Harbaugh was out there to personally vet Garopollo. Does anyone think the Niners wouldn't hesitate to trade Kaepernick to avoid paying him his $18 mil plus?

Could definitely see that happening. He's gotten them close 2x but can't pull it out in the end. SF also likes hording Draft Picks by trading players before their play decreases or before they get too expensive(see Alex Smith).

I could actually see SF drafting a QB this year and then trading Kap to Cleveland/Minnesota/ Oakland/ Jacksonville for a couple of 1st rd. picks

Could definitely see that happening. He's gotten them close 2x but can't pull it out in the end. SF also likes hording Draft Picks by trading players before their play decreases or before they get too expensive(see Alex Smith).

I could actually see SF drafting a QB this year and then trading Kap to Cleveland/Minnesota/ Oakland/ Jacksonville for a couple of 1st rd. picks

That would be interesting. Maybe see them maneuver for Bridgewater. 

Kapernick a franchise QB. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination. He is SO overrated.

"Jesus, it's 'mootz-er-el'"

True but if you ask for Italian things with correct pronunciation in San Diego where I live they have NO IDEA what you are asking for at all. The looks you get if you ask for gabbagool are hysterical. You are forced to phoenetically say capi-COLA

I bet Jimmy Garoppolo's mother makes the world's greatest meatballs.

I'll bet he cringes when non-Italians pronounce it "mahts-ah-rel-la"

"Jesus, it's 'mootz-er-el'"

SRurPB5.png

Molto bene.

True but if you ask for Italian things with correct pronunciation in San Diego where I live they have NO IDEA what you are asking for at all. The looks you get if you ask for gabbagool are hysterical. You are forced to phoenetically say capi-COLA

Citrulli

IMO, if the spread keeps working its way into the NFL, you don't need a genius QB to run that kind of system and there won't be as much of a premium on finding the perfect QB.

I agree 100%. 

REX has the spread all figured out. It will be gone from the NFL soon thanks to him.

That one always cracks me up lol

Archived