Should the Jets bring Cro back at a reduced rate?

Sully80

He certainly will not be playing for the Jets under his current contract right now. If he plays for the Jets next season at all, it would be on a much less expensive deal. The question is, is he even worth bringing back? Cro will turn 30 before the start of next season so you gotta start to wonder if he just had a disappointing season, or if it'll only get worse from here. With a strong CB draft class as well as a strong FA CB market, I'm really starting to want Cro back less and less. Eager to hear you guys' opinions on this.

How much?  Even assuming his hip is somewhat better, there are guys I'd rather have.  Vontae Davis, Verner, Talib, Tarrell Brown.  There are plenty of other intriguing guys.  Captain Munnerlyn, DRC.  Chris Cook is a guy who might be cheaper, but from what I've read about him is mixed - either he has no ball skills and must play zone or he excels in press man and will flourish if that is all that is asked of him.  There are plenty of bodies to look at. 

Unless he was injured literally all season long, how does a guy have a whole bad year?

A bad game? OK. Even a bad month.  A whole year? It doesn't bode well for the future.

He'll still have some good games.  And when he has them, the usual people here will chime in on how stupid we were for letting him go, but those same people will be deathly silent on the TDs and key first downs Cro lets up.

See what else is out there.  Besides, if I were him I'd be looking for my last payday, not seeing how much of a discount I can give a non-SB team so I can pay a gargantuan NJ income tax rate.

Archived