Cromartie Cut

JoeC36

Still, that only made it 10-7 , and then after the secondary completely whiffed on CRUZ, then SANCHEZ took over and was absolutely brilliant the rest of that game. Just another chapter in the book entitled: 45 YEARS OF MISERY

You're right on that. My initial stance was that cro wasn't a bum for the jets. Far from it. Did he have bad plays as a jet, yes. There's only one Revis, but cro when the pressure was the greatest took that #1 cb job and made sure that there was no doubt on his part. A bum wouldnt be able to step in revis shoes and do what cro did. That's all I'm saying. Because of that cro gets much respect from a lot of jet fans. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see Cromartie being the first to go, I suppose it makes more sense though with the biggest contract of the three. I am kinda sad though too even though I think it was the right move. There were ups and downs, but he did make some good contributions for us in the past. Maybe he will be back on a significantly lower salary. A moment of silence for Mr.Cromartie...

Supernatural-Dean.gif

Didn't see Cromartie being the first to go, I suppose it makes more sense though with the biggest contract of the three. I am kinda sad though too even though I think it was the right move. There were ups and downs, but he did make some good contributions for us in the past. Maybe he will be back on a significantly lower salary. A moment of silence for Mr.Cromartie...

Often when a player is released early, it's more a sign of respect and admiration than anything else. Getting on the market early gives Cro a better chance to latch on somewhere else. Holding onto Holmes until the last minute is a bit of an FU to him while teams sign other WRs.

Supernatural-Dean.gif

You should have found Moreno's cry gif. Talk about crying a river!

Often when a player is released early, it's more a sign of respect and admiration than anything else. Getting on the market early gives Cro a better chance to latch on somewhere else. Holding onto Holmes until the last minute is a bit of an FU to him while teams sign other WRs.

Idzik is brutal

ESPN New York does not expect the Jets to re-sign free agent Antonio Cromartie.

Cromartie expressed openness to returning to the Jets at a lesser price late last year, but it appears management is moving on. Beat writer Rich Cimini can only envision Cromartie being re-signed "on a modest, one-year contract ... down the road." So perhaps the Jets will revisit Cromartie if his free agent market underwhelms. For now, they may be setting sights on Alterraun Verner.

Retweeted by Jake Steinberg

Anthony DiMoro ‏@AnthonyDiMoro · 2h

Hearing #Titans Alterraun Verner is not planning any visits. Chances are he already has a deal in place with a new team #SportsRants

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31 · 5m

Verner is expected to sign with a team shortly after 4:00pmEST on Tuesday according to reports. Could mean a deal is already in place. #hmmm

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31 · 11m

Wouldn't surprise me if the #Jets currently have a deal in place with a free agent CB.

No offense here, and I mean that wholeheartedly, but if "The Jets" was personified as a human male, Steiny31 would be perpetually choking on that human male's ejaculate.

That's why all the players like "Sharing" with Steiny... He takes it ALL!

Which is why I wasnt at all convinced that Geno WASN'T the answer. No rookie deserves what Geno had to deal with last season.

The good news is that he was exposed to situations you that you could never simply make up and practice for. I'm not entirely unsatisfied with how the season progressed for Geno and look forward to geting him some top notch weapons this offseason.

wish list: Mike Evans or Eric Ebron in the 1st ( with a dream of Watkins)

Amaro in the 2nd

Couple that with Sproles and were set.

The good news is that he was exposed to situations you that you could never simply make up and practice for. I'm not entirely unsatisfied with how the season progressed for Geno and look forward to geting him some top notch weapons this offseason.

wish list: Mike Evans or Eric Ebron in the 1st ( with a dream of Watkins)

Amaro in the 2nd

Couple that with Sproles and were set.

My wish list:

Golden Tate (Free Agency)

Jordan Matthews (2nd)

Jeremy Kerley

Austin Serferian-Jenikins (3rd)

Mike Evan/Marquise Lee (1st)

My wish list:

Golden Tate (Free Agency)

Jordan Matthews (2nd)

Jeremy Kerley

Austin Serferian-Jenikins (3rd)

Mike Evan/Marquise Lee (1st)

Are you saying you want all of those, or...? If you sign Tate and draft Matthews and Evans or Lee, then you've got those 3 WR's and Kerley. Who is the odd man out?

This would probably be a horrible idea, but it would be a massive upgrade on offense... Maybe trade 2015 and 16' 1st rounders and a couple picks this year say our 2nd and one of our 3rds for Cleveland's #4... But keep this year's #18 slot. Grab both Watkins and Ebron. Sign Nicks in FA... Trade a 5th rounder for Jacquizz Rodgers. No I'm not Tanny, just food for thought.

Archived