Are you really boycotting the team because of Vick?

Maxman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not support the team. I will not go to any games. I will not watch the Jets on TV. I will not purchase Jets merchandise. I will not wear any existing Jets items I already own.

I will not use other products associated with the Jets if at all possible; I have already written to Pepsi "the Official Drink of the NFL."

I've been a Jets fan since the 60's, but this Vick thing is a hard pill to swallow. Saying "I'm sorry, I made a terrible mistake" is easy once you are caught. Like a cheater asking for the wife's forgiveness after he's been caught....wasn't asking forgiveness from the wife while he was out shaggin around.' Know what I mean?

Anyway, when Vick moves on I will reconsider.

Just a few questions for you.

Keep in mind that Vick, who doesn't speak well in public has spoken against what he has done.  I think he could certainly be more outspoken than he has but keep in mind he spent three years in prison.  He didn't walk away like OJ.  And he got hit hard in the bank.  How many people do you know that lost 100M in guaranteed salary?  That's a huge price to pay.  He paid his debt to society based on a system created by the people.  If you don't agree that three years was enough then maybe you should be channeling your efforts towards prison reform, not NFL teams. 

I couldn't care less that you will no longer watch football but if you want to effort change, boycotting an NFL team isn't going to account for much. 

Michael Vick hung dogs from the neck.  I wonder what their "sensibilities" were that made Vick do such a thing.

Is that the only question you answer by twisting it into a cute metaphor that has no relation to what I stated?  That's what the media practices but it isn't reality.  But don't let that get in the way of your clever little dig.  You're so smart.

And BTW, that's not all Vick did.  Try not to confuse me with someone who defends Vick on this since, you know, I never actually claimed to. 

My only point was he was tried and convicted by a jury of his peers.  What more do you want? 

What more do you want? 

For the things he did to innocent creatures to be done to him.  You brought up religion earlier.  I'm down with going Old Testament on his a$$.

People are so quick to say "He's done his time and really seems apologetic."  Lots of sociopaths are good at fooling people.  Guy is trash, always was trash, and always will be trash.  His punishment fell short, and to make matters worse, he still gets to play football.  For my team.  The worst nightmare situation came true this offseason.

For the things he did to innocent creatures to be done to him.  You brought up religion earlier.  I'm down with going Old Testament on his a$$.

People are so quick to say "He's done his time and really seems apologetic."  Lots of sociopaths are good at fooling people.  Guy is trash, always was trash, and always will be trash.  His punishment fell short, and to make matters worse, he still gets to play football.  For my team.  The worst nightmare situation came true this offseason.

shut the **** up no one cares

I graduated from Madison HS in 2004.

Cool. Nope, I graduated Mendham in 2002. I lived for Morristown four years when I worked in Short Hills, then Hoboken for a few, and recently moved to Madison with my bride. My father, section314, has lived in Madison for about 15 years. So, while I was here every other weekend, I never really got the feel until the last two years that we've been here. I have to say, it's a really great place to live. You get comfy in Hoboken and working in NY with being able to walk everywhere, and Madison's Main Street really has a lot on it, so that's nice.

I bet we know some mutual people. We have to. One of them went to my college, and you graduated his year. Small world.

Cool. Nope, I graduated Mendham in 2002. I lived for Morristown four years when I worked in Short Hills, then Hoboken for a few, and recently moved to Madison with my bride. My father, section314, has lived in Madison for about 15 years. So, while I was here every other weekend, I never really got the feel until the last two years that we've been here. I have to say, it's a really great place to live. You get comfy in Hoboken and working in NY with being able to walk everywhere, and Madison's Main Street really has a lot on it, so that's nice.

I bet we know some mutual people. We have to. One of them went to my college, and you graduated his year. Small world.

It is indeed.  And it's crazy how many people from my hometown or near there I run into here in Wilmington, NC or Raleigh.  Cary, NC is sometimes referred to as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.

Yankees everywhere!!!

Archived