Are you really boycotting the team because of Vick?

Maxman

Hmmm did I say that hmm think I was referring to idziot and said this is just ANOTHER nail in his coffin and BTW hopefully woody too

BUT u are absolutely right if we can just past go and collect 200 dollars then I am all in...problem is I think this has about the same chance of happening as a jets Superbowl this year!

What I dont get and please explain it too me (be sure to type slow and use small words so i get it) what nails are in Woody's coffin already and how will this be another one that could potentially get him to sell the team?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I dont get and please explain it too me (be sure to type slow and use small words so i get it) what nails are in Woody's coffin already and how will this be another one that could potentially get him to sell the team?[/quote

Lol u may want to try ebonics

Lol I promise the food lines will move quick, we don't need to alienate people to scare them away just so you can get your pulled pork sammie a little quicker!

LOL!  I don't even have a comeback for this I am laughing too hard.

You're welcome Max.  My respect for you mandated I give you my honest reply.

But frankly, I cannot promise the fiery passionate anger today will burn as bring down the road.

I love the Jets man, like a kid or a brother.  The team has probably been the biggest passion in my life for the longest amount of time.

I had the Jets before I had my wife, and she's stuck around for most of two decades thus far.

When some time has passed, will I rationalize?  Will I make excuses?

I very well might.

I've already heard some solid logic-based arguments that are compelling in that direction. 

I don't want to miss games, but I don't want to root for Vick either.  Neither solution is particularly appealing to me.

So who knows man.  A person can shelve alot of things for the things they love.

I do believe most people will watch the games.  They will be angered over this, but at the end of the day I think Vick being on the team will have very little impact.  Both on and off the field (because he isn't a good QB at this point in time).

If Vick starts, then I'm rooting for losses, like I said. Every fucking week.

2 reasons.

1.) If Vick starts, it means Geno isn't the guy. Which means we have 2 QBs on the roster, but no QB of the future. Which means we need to draft a QB of the future next year. Which means we need that #1 overall, IMO. Which should mean the end of Rex, Vick and Geno. 

2.) The dog stuff. I'm happy that people can argue he served his time - everyone rationalizes shit differently. My personal opinion isn't directly tied to our criminal justice system.... at the end of the day, I don't want to actively root for a guy every week that was convicted of doing some sociopathic nut-ball shit... nor do I want to be the guy known for rooting for that nut-ball.

This is fair, and I agree especially on the Geno part.  If he gets beat out we have no QB of the future.  Not good.

Kind of a side note -- but if Vick starts and we have Jets fans actually posting (rooting) for losses, the game threads will be very interesting lol.

Three things:

1.  Actually I am not a moderator here

2.  Another moderator deleted your political post earlier in this thread, just a reminder political posts aren't allowed because then people start fighting over things that aren't football related and we want to avoid that

3.  Personal attacks aren't allowed.  I will answer your last point and say if I was sensitive I doubt I would have survived the last 10 years owning this site.

Political post? surely you jest.

If Vick starts, then I'm rooting for losses, like I said. Every ******* week.

2 reasons.

1.) If Vick starts, it means Geno isn't the guy. Which means we have 2 QBs on the roster, but no QB of the future. Which means we need to draft a QB of the future next year. Which means we need that #1 overall, IMO. Which should mean the end of Rex, Vick and Geno. 

2.) The dog stuff. I'm happy that people can argue he served his time - everyone rationalizes sh*t differently. My personal opinion isn't directly tied to our criminal justice system.... at the end of the day, I don't want to actively root for a guy every week that was convicted of doing some sociopathic nut-ball sh*t... nor do I want to be the guy known for rooting for that nut-ball.

You do realize you have a picture of a guy who is a known alcoholic who made an absolute fool of himself on national tv by trying to pickup a broadcaster while he was stinking drunk.

But like you said  everyone rationalizes sh*t differently.

Hmm I would have to reread the whole thread, then point out each sentence, phrase, or belittling word....nah too much work, already lost interest but you can add me to your list for later ridicule! I think this is just another nail idziots coffin and hopefully Woody's too

I have no idea what you are talking about.  So basically you accused me of belittling people.  I explained that I was calling out specific people for making statements that won't end up being true.  And your counter was, you lost interest.

Good chatting with you, lol.

Literally threw the jets t shirt i was wearing in the garbage when i heard they signed this piece of sh*t.

Congratulation jets.  you got a sh*tty qb who hasn't won a  playoff game in 10 years, and hasn't played a full season since 2006.

It will be funny watching him carry the ball like a loaf of bread and getting strip sacked.

Yet as sh*tty as he is at qb, they got even a more sh*tty person.

That's a daily double right there. Would pay big at Aqueduct.  

Back in 2015.  Not spending a dime on Woody's sh*tshow.  **** him and this team.

You do realize you have a picture of a guy who is a known alcoholic who made an absolute fool of himself on national tv by trying to pickup a broadcaster while he was stinking drunk.

No reason to take Joe Namath's inventory.

This is fair, and I agree especially on the Geno part.  If he gets beat out we have no QB of the future.  Not good.

Kind of a side note -- but if Vick starts and we have Jets fans actually posting (rooting) for losses, the game threads will be very interesting lol.

The game thread are already interesting. :)

Alcoholic relapses are now the equivalent of murdering man's best friend like sociopath?

Sometimes the crap you say is so stupid, I actually feel like it's animal abuse to make fun of you.

You're welcome Max.  My respect for you mandated I give you my honest reply.

But frankly, I cannot promise the fiery passionate anger today will burn as bring down the road.

I love the Jets man, like a kid or a brother.  The team has probably been the biggest passion in my life for the longest amount of time.

I had the Jets before I had my wife, and she's stuck around for most of two decades thus far.

When some time has passed, will I rationalize?  Will I make excuses?

I very well might.

I've already heard some solid logic-based arguments that are compelling in that direction. 

I don't want to miss games, but I don't want to root for Vick either.  Neither solution is particularly appealing to me.

So who knows man.  A person can shelve alot of things for the things they love.

Wha't up brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than being on tv what part of that has an average dude never done?

Man's best friend is a beautiful and affectionate - an ideal pet.

Cats are the same, we make up their names and our love for them is real.

Listen up, I gotta ask it, how can we be so cruel?

You say you care, that's a lie.

My true compassion is for all living things

and not just the ones who are cute so I do what I can.

I wanna save lives and I've got a plan.

Under the table, he'll eat your dinner like the veggies we can't stand.

What kind meal would he make? We don't want to ask it.

Tradition is all that keeps him alive.

Listen up, I gotta ask it, how can we be so cruel?

You say you care, that's a lie.

My true compassion is for all living things

and not just the ones who are cute so I do what I can.

I wanna save lives and I've got a plan.

Why am I so upset? Don't even own a pet.

I am not trying to press my will.

I am not the first to say...THOU SHALT NOT KILL

Full is all, it's all we want to feel.

We eat to stay alive, but it's their lives we steal.

I think we'd like to change, but most of us are stuck,

that's why cats and dogs have ALL THE LUCK.

Living in Germany and been a fan of Football for 13 years now and a passionate JETS fan for nearly 8 at the time Vick did all these terrible things to these poor dogs I wasn't really aware of it because the internet wasn't that big like it is today and my english skills quiet weren't good enough to just hit nfl.com daily and get the latest news. As soon as he came out of prison and later was signed by the Eagles I took notice about his time in prison and the reason why. I really didn't know the whole story but as soon as we were linked to him as a potential backup/starter I started to take a deeper look... I didn't know that he was/is just a HORRIBLE, EVIL "human". What he did to these dogs is just deeply disturbing and in my opinion unvorgivable. He can do as much as he want's to get a better person but if you could do such horrible things and - I will call it "creative" - methods to kill and torture an animal like that you crossed a certain line where there is now way you can ever expect to get forgivness from god or anybody. I really wish NOBODY any harm, except Vick. Hopefully all these concussions he had will make his life in the future as uncomfortable as possible! To go back to topic I will unfollow the Jets on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, will delete the app from my Iphone, don't visit the homepage or jetsshop.com and don't buy any Jets stuff in general and avoid to attend any games this year. Will seek all my information through NFL.com and Jetnation.com as long as he is on our team!

Living in Germany and been a fan of Football for 13 years now and a passionate JETS fan for nearly 8 at the time Vick did all these terrible things to these poor dogs I wasn't really aware of it because the internet wasn't that big like it is today and my english skills quiet weren't good enough to just hit nfl.com daily and get the latest news. As soon as he came out of prison and later was signed by the Eagles I took notice about his time in prison and the reason why. I really didn't know the whole story but as soon as we were linked to him as a potential backup/starter I started to take a deeper look... I didn't know that he was/is just a HORRIBLE, EVIL "human". What he did to these dogs is just deeply disturbing and in my opinion unvorgivable. He can do as much as he want's to get a better person but if you could do such horrible things and - I will call it "creative" - methods to kill and torture an animal like that you crossed a certain line where there is now way you can ever expect to get forgivness from god or anybody. I really wish NOBODY any harm, except Vick. Hopefully all these concussions he had will make his life in the future as uncomfortable as possible! To go back to topic I will unfollow the Jets on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, will delete the app from my Iphone, don't visit the homepage or jetsshop.com and don't buy any Jets stuff in general and avoid to attend any games this year. Will seek all my information through NFL.com and Jetnation.com as long as he is on our team!

germans should know a thing or two about redemption. just sayin'

welcome aboard!

And more importantly, let's get this thread back on topic.  There are several other threads to discuss this stuff in.

So far I have only seen Warfish explain why he is boycotting and what that means to him.

Any others?

I haven't decided whether to boycott the team or not.   

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I am forced to make this decision in the first place.   I've been a Jets fan for 30 years and stuck with this team through decades of ineptitude.   It's been a terrible, mostly one-sided relationship that i just can't leave.   Like others who post here the Jets are a year round hobby that takes up way too much of my time.    While it's been painful to be a Jet fan all these years a hobby is supposed to be fun and not create moral conflicts. 

right now I can't commit to boycotting the team but I am definitely leaning toward checking the scores only and not really giving a ****.   I live in DC so NFL Sundays have become a whole excursion going out and watching the Jets.   Haven't missed a game in years, even planned my wedding for a bye-week.   It's just a shame that I now have to debate myself as to whether or not to keep supporting the team I've spent way too much time with during my lifetime.    

This is what I sent to the Jets. It's very similar to what many of my friends have sent:

I am writing to tell you that as a long-time NY Jets supporter and proud New Yorker, I will no longer support the team in any way until Mike Vick is stricken from the roster. I will not watch games, attend games, purchase merchandise, or support any of your sponsors. I will be contacting each sponsor to inform them of the same.

In addition, I intend to work tirelessly to keep the issue alive by all means available, continually reminding people that the NY Jets, in signing Mike Vick, put short-term profit over decency and ethics.

You have tarnished your brand by signing the perpetrator of sadistic acts, thereby condoning them (and, no, he did not serve time for them). I urge you to correct this immediately and begin to restore the team's reputation.

IF you're going to boycott them, do it because they're an inept, pathetic and syphilis-ridden excuse for a professional football franchise. Don't do it because of just one player.

There are so many reasons to hate this team and the entire organization that supports it. It is truly one of the most pathetic franchises in professional sports. 

So take hold and let the Jets know you're sick of 4 decades of being the NFL's hemorrhoid-ridden anus, not just upset at their choice of backup QB.

IF you're going to boycott them, do it because they're an inept, pathetic and syphilis-ridden excuse for a professional football franchise. Don't do it because of just one player.

There are so many reasons to hate this team and the entire organization that supports it. It is truly one of the most pathetic franchises in professional sports. 

So take hold and let the Jets know you're sick of 4 decades of being the NFL's hemorrhoid-ridden anus, not just upset at their choice of backup QB.

How will the franchise survive without you?

Well... I'm certainly glad you didn't overreact. 

I am being serious here, I would like people to go on record.  If you are one of the Jets fans that are boycotting the team please post in here and explain what that means exactly.  I would prefer to not get into all the reasons why, Vick did really bad things.  Terrible things.  

What I am looking for here is the fans who say they are boycotting the team to chime in.  Specifically:

• What does that mean?  Will you not go to games in person?  
  • Will you not watch the Jets on TV?
  • Will you not purchase Jets merchandise?

Any other thoughts on what the boycott means?  Oh and how long will this boycott last?  Forever or until Vick is off the team?

Thanks!

I will not support the team. I will not go to any games. I will not watch the Jets on TV. I will not purchase Jets merchandise. I will not wear any existing Jets items I already own.

I will not use other products associated with the Jets if at all possible; I have already written to Pepsi "the Official Drink of the NFL."

I've been a Jets fan since the 60's, but this Vick thing is a hard pill to swallow. Saying "I'm sorry, I made a terrible mistake" is easy once you are caught. Like a cheater asking for the wife's forgiveness after he's been caught....wasn't asking forgiveness from the wife while he was out shaggin around.' Know what I mean?

Anyway, when Vick moves on I will reconsider.

I will not support the team. I will not go to any games. I will not watch the Jets on TV. I will not purchase Jets merchandise. I will not wear any existing Jets items I already own.

I will not use other products associated with the Jets if at all possible; I have already written to Pepsi "the Official Drink of the NFL."

I've been a Jets fan since the 60's, but this Vick thing is a hard pill to swallow. Saying "I'm sorry, I made a terrible mistake" is easy once you are caught. Like a cheater asking for the wife's forgiveness after he's been caught....wasn't asking forgiveness from the wife while he was out shaggin around.' Know what I mean?

I admire your conviction.  Thanks for answering.

I give you 'til week 6. Anyone that angry "loves him some football"

Literally threw the jets t shirt i was wearing in the garbage when i heard they signed this piece of sh*t.

Congratulation jets.  you got a sh*tty qb who hasn't won a  playoff game in 10 years, and hasn't played a full season since 2006.

It will be funny watching him carry the ball like a loaf of bread and getting strip sacked.

Yet as sh*tty as he is at qb, they got even a more sh*tty person.

That's a daily double right there. Would pay big at Aqueduct.  

Back in 2015.  Not spending a dime on Woody's sh*tshow.  **** him and this team.

sounds personal

So you were ok with pepsi sponsoring the nfl when vick played for the eagles, but now that he is on a different team suddenly the nfl is evil. Sorry for dismissing the rest of your rant after digesting that gem.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  So basically you accused me of belittling people.  I explained that I was calling out specific people for making statements that won't end up being true.  And your counter was, you lost interest.

Good chatting with you, lol.

Yes I did, and gdamnit...stand by it...good chat!

Archived