Are you really boycotting the team because of Vick?

Maxman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but I find it disturbing that anyone would think repeated torture of innocent creatures purely for pleasure is anything other then an "evil heart". I mean seriously, wtf.

All creatures are innocent and they get tortured daily in slaughter houses.

I'm not boycotting, Max.

But I am somewhat down on the organization and my enthusiasm for the coming season has been tempered by what looks like a lack of a long term plan or vision.

I'm willing to give Idzik more time here ... I know it's only been a year, but I'm honestly not too impressed with what I've seen over the past 12 months from him.

His draft last year was less than stellar with Milliner and with Smith, both picks I hated.

He seems to have a lack of understanding that an offense is only as good as the offensive line, an area of the team he continues to refuse to improve upon. 

And regardless of who seems to be guiding the ship, this organization still fails to have what it takes to draft/develop the most important positon in sports which is quarterback.

I've been a fan for 45 years, and will always pull for the team, but I must say I am very disappointed in Idzik's approach, thus far.

I hope I'm wrong.

Lol. The circus you are trying to belittle will just get bigger by doing so. To critize fans for not agreeing with a circus that didnt need to happen in first place belittles yourself.

OUCH! Easy Sickjetfan. Maxman is a mod and a sensitive one at that.

Lol. The circus you are trying to belittle will just get bigger by doing so. To critize fans for not agreeing with a circus that didnt need to happen in first place belittles yourself.

Who have I belittled?  Specifically?

There were posts here when I started this thread where people said the Jets were going to lose millions.  They said they would never go to or watch another game again.  I feel that they are lying.  I was asking them to back up the posts that they made.

So please let me know who I belittled?  Thanks.

OUCH! Easy Sickjetfan. Maxman is a mod and a sensitive one at that.

Three things:

1.  Actually I am not a moderator here

2.  Another moderator deleted your political post earlier in this thread, just a reminder political posts aren't allowed because then people start fighting over things that aren't football related and we want to avoid that

3.  Personal attacks aren't allowed.  I will answer your last point and say if I was sensitive I doubt I would have survived the last 10 years owning this site.

If Vick starts, then I'm rooting for losses, like I said. Every ******* week.

2 reasons.

1.) If Vick starts, it means Geno isn't the guy. Which means we have 2 QBs on the roster, but no QB of the future. Which means we need to draft a QB of the future next year. Which means we need that #1 overall, IMO. Which should mean the end of Rex, Vick and Geno. 

2.) The dog stuff. I'm happy that people can argue he served his time - everyone rationalizes sh*t differently. My personal opinion isn't directly tied to our criminal justice system.... at the end of the day, I don't want to actively root for a guy every week that was convicted of doing some sociopathic nut-ball sh*t... nor do I want to be the guy known for rooting for that nut-ball.

Three things:

1.  Actually I am not a moderator here

2.  Another moderator deleted your political post earlier in this thread, just a reminder political posts aren't allowed because then people start fighting over things that aren't football related and we want to avoid that

3.  Personal attacks aren't allowed.  I will answer your last point and say if I was sensitive I doubt I would have survived the last 10 years owning this site.

Why was my thread "Idzik had a plan, DUDE is a genious" locked. I just reread it and read the responses and they were all very legitimate, their was no personal attacks,it had no humor in it, no politics, and I was praising our GM on the great job he did and the plan he has for the JETS. Your moderator "thor99" does not like me and will lock every thread I send in YET, Sperm Edwards read it and even responded in it, Faba read it and left it, but this guy with a vendetta against me locks it.

Go back and read it and please let me know specifically why it was locked, so I can avoid the same mistake and quick lock thor99.

Why was my thread "Idzik had a plan, DUDE is a genious" locked. I just reread it and read the responses and they were all very legitimate, their was no personal attacks,it had no humor in it, no politics, and I was praising our GM on the great job he did and the plan he has for the JETS. Your moderator "thor99" does not like me and will lock every thread I send in YET, Sperm Edwards read it and even responded in it, Faba read it and left it, but this guy with a vendetta against me locks it.

Go back and read it and please let me know specifically why it was locked, so I can avoid the same mistake and quick lock thor99.

you started it. 

Please let Maxman answer as he sent the message in the thread to me. Obviously, moderators in this forum form vendettas, and I would like to know if that's the only reason it was locked. Your response seems to add evidence to this theory.

If we had vendettas you wouldnt be posting here anymore. As you can see, since you just responded to me, you are still able to post. There are a lot of unlucky people that can't post here anymore such as BoomBoom and DWC. That sucks for the site because people actually like them.

If we had vendettas you wouldnt be posting here anymore. As you can see, since you just responded to me, you are still able to post. There are a lot of unlucky people that can't post here anymore such as BoomBoom and DWC. That sucks for the site because people actually like them.

Again, I will wait to hear from Maxman, to get a final explanation.

I can check but I will probably just end up banning Thor instead.  It is easier that way.

Again, I will wait to hear from Maxman, to get a final explanation.

Um, no.  I am not a moderator here.  So Joe's response is valid and is the official answer.  Thank you for submitting your question.

Hey I am just messing around, I will have to look at the thread, I don;'t know why it was locked.  But I am going to be honest and say I have had enough serious stuff for one day.  So I will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks.

Hey I am just messing around, I will have to look at the thread, I don;'t know why it was locked.  But I am going to be honest and say I have had enough serious stuff for one day.  So I will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks.

Quit being so sensitive. 

Thanks.

Thank you, That's all I am asking. Again, I looked at it, it got about 14 responses, someone even posted a link to very informative article on Vick, and seemed to be going nicely, no attacks, and thor99 for whatever reason locked it.

Again, I don't want to make the same mistake again as obviously something in that thread was amiss, since he locked it, but I cant find anything certainly any worse than many other threads.

Thank you, That's all I am asking. Again, I looked at it, it got about 14 responses, someone even posted a link to very informative article on Vick, and seemed to be going nicely, no attacks, and thor99 for whatever reason locked it.

Again, I don't want to make the same mistake again as obviously something in that thread was amiss, since he locked it, but I cant find anything certainly any worse than many other threads.

Being serious -- I will take a look at it and shoot you a response.  Thanks!

Thanks for sharing all that.  Like I said in another thread, I am not judging anyone.  I believe a lot of fans won't stick to their statements.  I know you for a long time though, so I am pretty confident you will.

I hope you are doing well btw!

You're welcome Max.  My respect for you mandated I give you my honest reply.

But frankly, I cannot promise the fiery passionate anger today will burn as bring down the road.

I love the Jets man, like a kid or a brother.  The team has probably been the biggest passion in my life for the longest amount of time.

I had the Jets before I had my wife, and she's stuck around for most of two decades thus far.

When some time has passed, will I rationalize?  Will I make excuses?

I very well might.

I've already heard some solid logic-based arguments that are compelling in that direction. 

I don't want to miss games, but I don't want to root for Vick either.  Neither solution is particularly appealing to me.

So who knows man.  A person can shelve alot of things for the things they love.

That isn't the goal. I am looking for a list of names that I can save and throw it back in people's faces when they come to our tailgate lol.

Lol I promise the food lines will move quick, we don't need to alienate people to scare them away just so you can get your pulled pork sammie a little quicker!

Who have I belittled?  Specifically?

There were posts here when I started this thread where people said the Jets were going to lose millions.  They said they would never go to or watch another game again.  I feel that they are lying.  I was asking them to back up the posts that they made.

So please let me know who I belittled?  Thanks.

Hmm I would have to reread the whole thread, then point out each sentence, phrase, or belittling word....nah too much work, already lost interest but you can add me to your list for later ridicule! I think this is just another nail idziots coffin and hopefully Woody's too

Hmm I would have to reread the whole thread, then point out each sentence, phrase, or belittling word....nah too much work, already lost interest but you can add me to your list for later ridicule! I think this is just another nail idziots coffin and hopefully Woody's too

who is putting the nail in Woody's coffin? He owns the team. He is not going to be fired. 

signing Vick is going to be the nail that forces him to sell?

Hmmm did I say that hmm think I was referring to idziot and said this is just ANOTHER nail in his coffin and BTW hopefully woody too

BUT u are absolutely right if we can just past go and collect 200 dollars then I am all in...problem is I think this has about the same chance of happening as a jets Superbowl this year!

Archived