Michael Vick: Where Do You Stand?

JetNation

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about he just has not been a good QB for a couple years.  Thats all thats important.  Just like Tebow, he is a distraction that cant play the position. 

There is definitely an argument to be made that he is overrated/in decline/never was all that effective. I do believe the "distraction" concern is exaggerated though... just didn't see it in Philly.

I can't wait to see how many fights there are in the stands this season between people who root for the criminal, and people who think he is and always will be a POS.  Personally, I wouldn't pee on him if he were on fire.  I'd break out the marshmallows.  Oh, and he has paid his debt?  He didn't do one single second for what he did to those dogs.   He spent time in jail because of an illegal gambling ring.

I can't wait to see how many fights there are in the stands this season between people who root for the criminal, and people who think he is and always will be a POS.  Personally, I wouldn't pee on him if he were on fire.  I'd break out the marshmallows.

so you'd let a person die because he killed a dog. yeah you are a much better person than michael vick.

so you'd let a person die because he killed a dog. yeah you are a much better person than michael vick.

"A dog"?  Try again.  He did it over and over again, to get his jollies.   I think the entire offensive line should take a few plays off when he plays in his first game.

"A dog"?  Try again.  He did it over and over again, to get his jollies.   I think the entire offensive line should take a few plays off when he plays in his first game.

oh i see, you're right then. someone should murder him. :rl:

Do you Jets fans realize that even if Geno wins the starting job, you are one hit away from having a criminal as the face of your franchise?   That's good stuff right there!   At least the Giants have an upstanding citizen as the face of their franchise, even if he does throw too many picks.  I forgive him for that, though.  2 Super Bowl MVP's makes up for those picks.

Do you Jets fans realize that even if Geno wins the starting job, you are one hit away from having a criminal as the face of your franchise?   That's good stuff right there!   At least the Giants have an upstanding citizen as the face of their franchise, even if he does throw too many picks.  I forgive him for that, though.  2 Super Bowl MVP's makes up for those picks.

555322240.gif?1333773919

flawed assumption that geno wins. vick will start week 1.

Do you Jets fans realize that even if Geno wins the starting job, you are one hit away from having a criminal as the face of your franchise? That's good stuff right there! At least the Giants have an upstanding citizen as the face of their franchise, even if he does throw too many picks. I forgive him for that, though. 2 Super Bowl MVP's makes up for those picks.

Worked for the Ravens.

I can't wait to see the reception he gets when he runs through that tunnel on opening day!   I am sure you will hear plenty of people barking at him.

and scratching his belly after every td. i would throw milkbones on field if i was an opposing fan.... 5 years ago. if it didn't happen in philly when it was still fresh, it won't happen in NJ.

A word of advice; don't be that guy. Nobody will want to talk to you, at all.

Don't worry, I won't be there.  As you should be able to tell from my avi, I'm a Giants fan.  I just hate the dog killer, and can't wait to see him running for his life behind that line.

and scratching his belly after every td. i would throw milkbones on field if i was an opposing fan.... 5 years ago. if it didn't happen in philly when it was still fresh, it won't happen in NJ.

I bet something like that happens.  There are PLENTY of people who hate ConVick for what he did, and will refuse to root for him, even though he is a Jet.

I bet something like that happens.  There are PLENTY of people who hate ConVick for what he did, and will refuse to root for him, even though he is a Jet.

sorry i go by actual evidence and not anecdotal messageboard nonesense. i live in philly and been to plenty of birds games over the last 5 years. never saw/heard a single thing about vick's past. the only exception was some chatter on the local news and some PETA protesters showed up at Eagles training camp his first year back. it was peaceful.

sorry i go by actual evidence and not anecdotal messageboard nonesense. i live in philly and been to plenty of birds games over the last 5 years. never saw/heard a single thing about vick's past. the only exception was some chatter on the local news and some PETA protesters showed up at Eagles training camp his first year back. it was peaceful.

Are you a ConVick groupie?

Mike Vick is a below average, turnover prone QB on the downside of his career.

The fact that he's also a herpes spreading dog killer does nothing to improve my opinion of him.

I hope he rides the bench all season for reasons football related and otherwise.

Don't worry, I won't be there.  As you should be able to tell from my avi, I'm a Giants fan.  I just hate the dog killer, and can't wait to see him running for his life behind that line.

The Jets offensive line is pretty good.

My guess is despite the outcry, you won't see squat at the games. People will still buy tickets, tailgate and buy crap in the stores. 

This is 2014 USA. We raise holy hell on Facebook, then behind the scenes we go to the game anyway.

So true.

The people who won't go to the games already own PSLs so they are obligated to buy the tickets and sell them anyway.  The protest won't cause any money loss for the Jets.

So true.

The people who won't go to the games already own PSLs so they are obligated to buy the tickets and sell them anyway.  The protest won't cause any money loss for the Jets.

Which I think is a shame. They should take a HUGE hit in the pocketbook if the fans hate what they did.  If the fans want to look the other way, that's one thing, but I think it's a shame that they already have peoples money, so they don't have to worry about a financial hit from signing this piece of garbage.  (Or any other piece of garbage for that matter)

Mike Vick is a below average, turnover prone QB on the downside of his career.

The fact that he's also a herpes spreading dog killer does nothing to improve my opinion of him.

I hope he rides the bench all season for reasons football related and otherwise.

i hope he rides the bench too because that would mean geno beats him out and has a chance to be the long term answer. but i think vick will start week 1. not thrilled about it just like i am not thrilled by my prediction that i won't win powerball this week.

Archived