Texans going hard to trade down

T0mShane

Word from the NFL meetings is the Texans are trying hard to deal the first pick in the draft. They want to move down and acquire extra selections. Sources say they might have a trade partner in the Bills, who appear interested in moving up. It is unclear who the Bills would want in a trade-up scenario. Some believe they would move up for a quarterback. They also could make good use of an offensive tackle such as Greg Robinson. And it would be something to see them pair Mario Williams with either Jadeveon Clowney or Khalil Mack.

How is that possible what with all the amazing QB talent on the board!?  I said it in the middle of the season, but you shouldn't be surprised when someone like Mettenberger is the best QB to come out of this class.  I know I'm in the minority, but the top 4 or so guys being talked about just aren't that good. It's basically 2011 all over again, but w/out Cam Newton. Hopefully they make the same mistake again and all the QBs go quickly, it'll help push better talent down to us. 

he's the first freshman to win the Heisman. A guy like that doesn't think it's impossible for a rookie to win the Super Bowl. 

I don't care if he thinks he can fly or raw-dog it in subsaharan africa without catching the HIV, I don't like his football ability, regardless of how much swag and confidence he has. That confidence isn't going to complete 60% of his passes for him. We have differing views on Manziel, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I for one hope he's nowhere near us when the 18th pick rolls around.

I don't care if he thinks he can fly or raw-dog it in subsaharan africa without catching the HIV, I don't like his football ability, regardless of how much swag and confidence he has. That confidence isn't going to complete 60% of his passes for him. We have differing views on Manziel, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I for one hope he's nowhere near us when the 18th pick rolls around.

Fwiw, Jaws has Mettenberger as his #2 QB, behind Bortles.

Fwiw, Jaws has Mettenberger as his #2 QB, behind Bortles.

He has the size, arm and Cam Cameron thing going for him, which is a lot to like. However, even as one of his biggest supporters I'm not touching him in the first round, there's just too much talent in this draft to reach on a QB.  I'd love to grab him in the fourth, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the third. If he didn't tear his ACL and was allowed to be participate in the all-star games and all of the off-season events, I think he could have gone in the second. 

He has the size, arm and Cam Cameron thing going for him, which is a lot to like. However, even as one of his biggest supporters I'm not touching him in the first round, there's just too much talent in this draft to reach on a QB. I'd love to grab him in the fourth, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the third. If he didn't tear his ACL and was allowed to be participate in the all-star games and all of the off-season events, I think he could have gone in the second.

I think he goes late first/early second, myself.

Archived