If Only Terry Bradway Actually DID Something...

SoFlaJets

Lazy bastid...

Numbers game: A lot of work goes into a draft. It takes almost a full year for the entire scouting process. Former GM Terry Bradway, the senior director of college scouting, provided his annual numbers breakdown, illustrating the point: 

Number of schools visited: 263. 

Number of school visits: 575. 

Number of players written up in scouting reports: 1,372. 

Number of player evaluations: 3,500. 

Player interviews: 635. 

Pro days attended: 115. 

College games attended: 120. 

The numbers remain fairly steady from year to year, and you can bet every other team is doing the same amount of homework.

All that and we still drated Gholston and Vlad, not sure why he is still around.

Tough to say without knowing his scouting reports on either of them.  Can't assume all of the scouts are to blame for Tanny's idiotic decisions, especially considering those were just as prevelant on the pro personnel side as they were in the draft (it's certainly possible Bradway was on board with both picks, but who knows).  Given that it was Bradway allegedly screaming in the draft room for Wilson over Hill, it seems that Tanny didn't exactly defer to him on all picks.  It's more likely that Bradway supported the Vlad pick given that he was a far less highly touted prospect, while Gholston was simply the last "big name" player on the board at the time of his pick, so that seemed to be made more by default than any particular glowing interest by the team in him.

While he was obviously not the greatest of GMs for this team, whether it is deserved or not Bradway does seem to have a pretty good reputation around the league for his scouting purposes, and the fact that Idzik chose to retain him even after replacing the vast majority of the Jets scouting department seems to say something about how he feels.

Tough to say without knowing his scouting reports on either of them.  Can't assume all of the scouts are to blame for Tanny's idiotic decisions, especially considering those were just as prevelant on the pro personnel side as they were in the draft (it's certainly possible Bradway was on board with both picks, but who knows).  Given that it was Bradway allegedly screaming in the draft room for Wilson over Hill, it seems that Tanny didn't exactly defer to him on all picks.  It's more likely that Bradway supported the Vlad pick given that he was a far less highly touted prospect, while Gholston was simply the last "big name" player on the board at the time of his pick, so that seemed to be made more by default than any particular glowing interest by the team in him.

While he was obviously not the greatest of GMs for this team, whether it is deserved or not Bradway does seem to have a pretty good reputation around the league for his scouting purposes, and the fact that Idzik chose to retain him even after replacing the vast majority of the Jets scouting department seems to say something about how he feels.

Bradway's major mistake as GM in my mind would be Edwards as HC, and even then ike Tanny nearly won

a championship and would have with some luck and a better HC. As far as the scouting deparatment

goes, in my opinion their job is to locate guys under the radar, who can come in the from of UFA,

or late round steals, and I don't really see that with Bradway, considering the way Tanny traded picks

we could have used more of it, I think Snacks and Woodhead are both UDFA who have become exceptional

players. the Jets don't seem to give UDFA enough of a chance, I think Campbell should have played a lot

last season, yet the guy never really saw the field.

weren't they drafted under Tanny?

bradway was Tanny's head scout, a position he retained under Idzik,

he was retained by the organization because he had some success,

I don't specifically know what decisions he signed off on, as far

as Mangini, Vlad, but he most likely was sold on Gholston, with

Sanchez these guys are the only top 5 picks we've had in a couple of

decades, and he was instrumental in both, last year was a decent draft

and the three stooge combo of Gholston (Bradway) Sanchez (REX) and

VLAD (Idzik) should be okay, I'm happy with it because the roster is

improving.

Give Bradway credit, he is a f'in survivor. Like a cockroach after a Nuclear Blast

BUMP cause damn, this guy has some great Corporate Political skills or pictures of Woody from his Frat Days when his Frat visited the Petting Zoo

Given Tannybum was the major idiot....let us not forget that idiot #2 is now in Oakland.  I think Bradway is pretty far down on the idiot scale.  Do not forget he never claimed to be a GM.  He is a capologist who, by his own admission, forced into the GM role and bailed at the first opportunity to get out.

Given Tannybum was the major idiot....let us not forget that idiot #2 is now in Oakland.  I think Bradway is pretty far down on the idiot scale.  Do not forget he never claimed to be a GM.  He is a capologist who, by his own admission, forced into the GM role and bailed at the first opportunity to get out.

I think Bradway is a scout, not a capologist. 

All that and we still drated Gholston and Vlad, not sure why he is still around.

Not to mention Dwayne Robertson, Mike Nugent and Justin Miller to name just a few since Bradway has been here. His best draft was 2000 when he got Sean Ellis, John Abraham, Chad Pennington and Anthony Becht. Could have done without Becht but he also grabbed Laveranues Coles in the third round.

bradway was Tanny's head scout, a position he retained under Idzik,

he was retained by the organization because he had some success,

I don't specifically know what decisions he signed off on, as far

as Mangini, Vlad, but he most likely was sold on Gholston, with

Sanchez these guys are the only top 5 picks we've had in a couple of

decades, and he was instrumental in both, last year was a decent draft

and the three stooge combo of Gholston (Bradway) Sanchez (REX) and

VLAD (Idzik) should be okay, I'm happy with it because the roster is

improving.

Idzik did not draft Vlad - That too was Tanny. Kyle Wilson was another Tannenbaum doozy.

Bradway also gave us D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold as well as Jericho Cotchery.

That was Mangini, and if Bradway got Russell Wilson which he somehow leaked out he was banging the table for Rex would have told him to pack on 20 pounds for a wildcat package

Huh?

Tannenbaum was the alleged capologist.  The one who gave him that moniker was Parcells, and in comparison to the Tuna, who it seems couldn't concern himself with such unimportant nonsense - he may very well have been.

But I never heard from anyone, anywhere, at any time that Terry Bradway was a capologist of any sort.  Pretty sure Tannenbaum was Bradway's cap guy (same role that Tannenbaum had under Parcells).

And Bradway as GM was Tuna's final gift to the Jets, to give the team the best chance possible of flopping after he left, to make his years look even better in hindsight (and kind of mission accomplished on that front).

Not to mention Dwayne Robertson, Mike Nugent and Justin Miller to name just a few since Bradway has been here. His best draft was 2000 when he got Sean Ellis, John Abraham, Chad Pennington and Anthony Becht. Could have done without Becht but he also grabbed Laveranues Coles in the third round.

Bradway wasn't hired until 2001. The 2000 draft was the almighty Tuna's last draft with Jets. IIRC, the reason we had 2 of the extra 1st round picks was for Belicheat and for the Keyshawn trade.

Huh?

Tannenbaum was the alleged capologist. The one who gave him that moniker was Parcells, and in comparison to the Tuna, who it seems couldn't concern himself with such unimportant nonsense - he may very well have been.

But I never heard from anyone, anywhere, at any time that Terry Bradway was a capologist of any sort. Pretty sure Tannenbaum was Bradway's cap guy (same role that Tannenbaum had under Parcells).

And Bradway as GM was Tuna's final gift to the Jets, to give the team the best chance possible of flopping after he left, to make his years look even better in hindsight (and kind of mission accomplished on that front).

Couldn't agree more about the Tuna. Plus Bradway was on the Chiefs staff at the time so he wasn't forced into anything

Archived