If you won a ring as a backup...

jgb

To wear or not to wear?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. If you were a backup who didn't see the field all season and your team won the big one, would you wear the ring proudly?

• Hell yes, I earned it by pushing teammates, being on the scout team, preparing everyday...
    • No but I would keep it. People would probably be whispering behind my back how I didn't really earn it if I wore it.
    • Ebay it.

Depends. Not all back ups are the same. If I'm a career back up/special team player, then absolutely I wear it, and with a ton of pride. If I'm and older veteran who's past his prime but rotational, I still probably wear it. If I'm a former starting QB who never won one, and then did in a back up role, maybe not.

In reality, they're super tacky and I probably wouldn't wear it regardless. The same thoughts apply to displaying it in my home, I suppose.

Yes.  i would wear it on my way to Pawn Stars and then i would walk out and bring the Vegas "All you can Eat" buffet monopoly to its knees.   bwahahahahahah

My gut tell me one day we're going to meet and you're going to be 180 lbs. 

My gut tell me one day we're going to meet and you're going to be 180 lbs. 

If you dig my grave up after 10 years that's a real possibility.

he is confusing you with your morning "deposits"

According to Wiki Answers:

The NFL pays for 150 rings to be distributed by the Super Bowl winning team. The team may distribute them however they wish. Should the team decide they want to give out more than 150 rings, they must pay for the cost of the rings after the 150. 

So not only do practice squad members get rings but ball boys, trainers, secretaries, among others, probably get one also.

I don't know if I would wear a clunky ring all that often, but I'd sure as hell make a nice display case for it, maybe a framed shadow box with a signed team pic or something.  Part of the cool, is that there is only 150 of them, and you have one.  #limitededition  

Archived