Dimitri Patterson went AWOL.

T0mShane

Pattersons been a journeyman slot his entire career.He's 31 years old and being asked to play the outside on a heavy man corner team. He was going to be this years Wayne Hunter in the media most likely.

possibly. but lets wait and see if he fails on the field. I am just not blaming the GM because the guy went cuckoo. No history of that,

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason the Jets did not think about signing Antomio Cromartie, is the same reason they would not sniff Santonio Holmes for a dime- They were ME first players, and the Jets (primarily Idzik) is tired of locker rooms that are divided.

Like it or not, he is going to build this team in his vision. Whether that fails or not, will ultimately decide whether he gets extended or fired. But he will not compromise by fitting square pegs in round holes.

The reason the Jets did not think about signing Antomio Cromartie, is the same reason they would not sniff Santonio Holmes for a dime- They were ME first players, and the Jets (primarily Idzik) is tired of locker rooms that are divided.

Like it or not, he is going to build this team in his vision. Whether that fails or not, will ultimately decide whether he gets extended or fired. But he will not compromise by fitting square pegs in round holes.

Because walking out on the team and getting busted with guns and drugs is a "team" first attitude?

Being hurt all the time isn't exactly good for the team either, btw.

I just told you why Cromartie is not here. We will see how Idzik handles this now. 

And I just told you that you were wrong. Idzik's signing's have been "me" first guys as well. It's because he lowballs everybody. That's the only common denominator in his signings.

You ever think that the Jets knew something we didn't. Like his injury was worse than was publicized? Or maybe degenerative? If so, it would be unlikely he ever returns to his pre-2013 form.

He looked pretty good running around with AJ Green last night. And they signed Patterson, so I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt here.

And I just told you that you were wrong. Idzik's signing's have been "me" first guys as well. It's because he lowballs everybody. That's the only common denominator in his signings.

Cool, someone operating a team as a business also. I like that. 

If it works, it will mean longer term, consistent success, rather than bumps of 2 year windows every 6-7 years.

don't spend money on a position of need. instead, save the money until you are super bowl ready? no offense but, I don't know what to say to this. spending good money on decker? good move.improves the team. spending loose change on the corner position? good move.dont spend until you are thinking super bowl. which one is it?

Ugh, dont spend it all!!! 

Decker was fairly priced and we didnt overpay at all. Of course you make yearly moves to get 'there' but you dont spend it all in 1 year...smh

Cool, someone operating a team as a business also. I like that. 

If it works, it will mean longer term, consistent success, rather than bumps of 2 year windows every 6-7 years.

If what works? The "Idzik Way" vs. the "Tanny Way" ?

Jet fans are making this out to be something it's not. acting like the Idzik way is the golden ticket, it's not. You know what is? Talent evaluation and development. If you can do that well, you will have long term success, period. If you cannot, you wont. You can have 25 draft picks and if they all suck, you won't be very good. You can have 4, and if you hit a home run on all 4, you will be good. Jet fans look at the approach, and ignore what really matters.

Idzik like all GM's has had some hits and some misses- the CB situation is  a miss as of right now. If Geno can show improvement that is the biggest key to success of this franchise.

If Milliner/Patterson get back ASAP the CB is where he wanted it in 2014 except depth, aka McDougle

If what works? The "Idzik Way" vs. the "Tanny Way" ?

Jet fans are making this out to be something it's not. acting like the Idzik way is the golden ticket, it's not. You know what is? Talent evaluation and development. If you can do that well, you will have long term success, period. If you cannot, you wont. You can have 25 draft picks and if they all suck, you won't be very good. You can have 4, and if you hit a home run on all 4, you will be good. Jet fans look at the approach, and ignore what really matters.

Saw the Tanny way of going for broke, and limiting his options-Not a big fan.

How Idzik's way ultimately turns out has yet to be written

Saw the Tanny way of going for broke, and limiting his options-Not a big fan.

How Idzik's way ultimately turns out has yet to be written

I don't think anyone is advocating going for broke.   The issue we have with Idzik is the gaping hole in the secondary (with or w/o Patterson) and the $21M of unused cap space.   

For 10M he could have added a premier CB and been set at the position for the next 3-5 years.  

I don't think anyone is advocating going for broke.   The issue we have with Idzik is the gaping hole in the secondary (with or w/o Patterson) and the $21M of unused cap space.   

For 10M he could have added a premier CB and been set at the position for the next 3-5 years.  

Who was that premiere CB? And, what if they hurt their knee the first snap of practice.

There are no guarantees of being set at any position for 3-5 years. 

Idzik will be judged on results, not one position. I am willing to see his tenure out.

Who was that premiere CB? And, what if they hurt their knee the first snap of practice.

Idzik will be judged on results, not one position. I am willing to see his tenure out.

the injury argument is silly unless it's  someone with a perennial history of being on the shelf (i.e. Patterson).   under that theory, why sign any player, ever?   

again....the issue is passing on multiple FA CBs with 21M in cap space sitting idle.  

When you have a market of buyers and sellers, the market sets the price.   That's my issue with Idzik.   It seems like he determines a price he's willing to pay and then doesn't adjust to market forces.   That is the only way I can see the Jets sitting pat for all 12 draft picks and heading into the season with a journeyman at CB.  

the injury argument is silly unless it's  someone with a perennial history of being on the shelf (i.e. Patterson).   under that theory, why sign any player, ever?   

again....the issue is passing on multiple FA CBs with 21M in cap space sitting idle.  

When you have a market of buyers and sellers, the market sets the price.   That's my issue with Idzik.   It seems like he determines a price he's willing to pay and then doesn't adjust to market forces.   That is the only way I can see the Jets sitting pat for all 12 draft picks and heading into the season with a journeyman at CB.  

For the hundredth time, they didn't pass on them. 

Idzik offered deals to multiple CBs who got better deals elsewhere. The only one I am remotely upset about not landing was Vontae Davis (as he is the only one IMO who fits your description of someone who can lock down the position for 3-5 years) and he re-signed with the Colts for more money than the Jets were offering him. 

For the hundredth time, they didn't pass on them. 

Idzik offered deals to multiple CBs who got better deals elsewhere. The only one I am remotely upset about not landing was Vontae Davis (as he is the only one IMO who fits your description of someone who can lock down the position for 3-5 years) and he re-signed with the Colts for more money than the Jets were offering him. 

that's a distinction without a difference.   

Patterson is the 10th highest paid player in 2014. He was definitely slated to start

Meh. Michael Vick is #4 on that list, and he's definitely not slated to start (even though that was also your argument as to why Vick would be the starter). It doesn't work that way.

It's pretty clear he was a place holder/stop gap kinda guy.

There were a lot of good CBs on the market this year. Some teams even signed more than one of them! Teams like the Pats and jints, for instance. The Jets were in position to do that, too, I heard. Something about a sh*t ton of cap space.

Where their planning really failed was having their top three CBs all with substantial injury histories. Injury prone players tend to be injury prone. Knowing that Milliner was your de facto #1, signing a free agent with a history of not missing games should've been a priority. Instead, Idzik shopped the scratch & dent aisle. If he knew that three-game McDougle going to be his top CB choice in the draft, too, finding a sturdy CB (or two) in free agency should've been the goal.

I have no problem with people faulting idzik on not budging to what he thought CB's on the market were worth- he misjudged and has now  a team in trouble at the CB position. he gets credit for his successes and takes the blame for the misses

I have no problem with people faulting idzik on not budging to what he thought CB's on the market were worth- he misjudged and has now  a team in trouble at the CB position. he gets credit for his successes and takes the blame for the misses

Yeah, but the flip side to that is really if Dexter McDougle were not injured we are literally not even having this conversation right now. 

Yeah, but the flip side to that is really if Dexter McDougle were not injured we are literally not even having this conversation right now. 

You can not believe he expected McDougle to step right in and start do you?

Right ... then there's just 100 more replies in the Kyle Wilson blows dead goats thread. 

Archived