Eric Decker's production today

JohnnnyBONES

All we've heard from the media is that Decker was a product of Peyton Manning and that he'd experience a substantial drop off in production this year in the Jets' system.  I just want to make note that his production today is pretty much the exact same pace that he put up last season.

2013: averaged 5 receptions and 80 yards per game.

Today: 5 receptions for 75 yards.

(also, that offensive pass interference was an extremely questionable call in my book, which would have notched another reception and a large chunk of yards)

I'm not implying he'll produce this pace every single game, but it's a promising start. 

All we've heard from the media is that Decker was a product of Peyton Manning and that he'd experience a substantial drop off in production this year in the Jets' system. I just want to make note that his production today is pretty much the exact same pace that he put up last season.

(also, that offensive pass interference was an extremely questionable call in my book, which would have notched another reception and a large chunk of yards)

I'm not implying he'll produce this pace every single game, but it's a promising start.

That was an extremely questionable call. I think the refs need to revisit these contact penalties because they are more than a little out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Decker do something to piss off the world? On the nbc pregame they didn't even mention him as a big loss in the offseason for Denver , they mentioned Welker and Moreno ...kind of odd to see a kid put up those numbers and seem to be a good guy get crapped on so much

Did Decker do something to piss off the world? On the nbc pregame they didn't even mention him as a big loss in the offseason for Denver , they mentioned Welker and Moreno ...kind of odd to see a kid put up those numbers and seem to be a good guy get crapped on so much

Some say Sanders was an upgrade, or a direct replacement. Maybe thats why.

Because he went to the Jets and god forbid they ever give the Jets credit for taking a good player on national tv.

He's on the Jets. That's all the media needs to dislike him. 

Go the NFL.com and watch the highlights from today. It shows every Geno misstep while showing every solid play Carr had today. They even go as far as to say Carr with 158  yds and two TD's had a "Super Solid Day".  

It's ridic. 

I don't even think they showed the Coples smash either. Pretty one sided BS. 

Its because he went to the Jets. If he went to the Patriots then the move would have been as big as when Welker went to the Broncos. Haters dog. 

Its because he went to the Jets. If he went to the Patriots then the move would have been as big as when Welker went to the Broncos. Haters dog.

very true, I've been saying all summer if CJ went to the pats Tedy Brusci would've built a Belecheck statue live on espn..jets sign him and he laughs at us signing a washed up RB....unreal

Oh man. Goosebumps. So want this to happen. 

It will. Revis only covers one guy. He's really effective at killing the teams who depend on a "true number one WR"  (which we all know Decker is not by now right?)  Like The Lions, Texans, Dallas etc. 

For us if it's not Decker it will be Kerley and Amaro. If it's not those two it will be Cumberland, Nelson and CJ. Don't even MAKE me say Chris Ivory.

We are not a one trick pony this season. Revis will play well and we won't throw it near him. Yaaaaay Revis.

All we've heard from the media is that Decker was a product of Peyton Manning and that he'd experience a substantial drop off in production this year in the Jets' system. I just want to make note that his production today is pretty much the exact same pace that he put up last season.

Thanks Izdick

Because he went to the Jets and god forbid they ever give the Jets credit for taking a good player on national tv.

This.   

When FA started Decker was the number one WR on the Market. The Jets signed him, and for a bargain, and he's not a true number one who will fail with Geno Smith.

It's all poopy

He joined the Jets...

He's on the Jets. That's all the media needs to dislike him. 

Go the NFL.com and watch the highlights from today. It shows every Geno misstep while showing every solid play Carr had today. They even go as far as to say Carr with 158  yds and two TD's had a "Super Solid Day".  

It's ridic. 

I don't even think they showed the Coples smash either. Pretty one sided BS. 

Yes. On Gameday Final, Mooch and Deion we're sitting there extoling the virtues of a rookie QB who really put up nothing until his final (prevent defense) drive, and mocking Geno. It was ridiculous.

Yes. On Gameday Final, Mooch and Deion we're sitting there extoling the virtues of a rookie QB who really put up nothing until his final (prevent defense) drive, and mocking Geno. It was ridiculous.

F everybody!   That's how I see it. We will get no love out there. We have to go out and kick the crap out of teams and still get looked down upon.

I sure do hope they beat the Packers next week. That would be something.  I believe it's reasonable to think we can by the way. 

F everybody!   That's how I see it. We will get no love out there. We have to go out and kick the crap out of teams and still get looked down upon.

I sure do hope they beat the Packers next week. That would be something.  I believe it's reasonable to think we can by the way. 

I prefer it this way. When the whole world predicts us falling flat on our face, that's when the Jets shut them the f%$# up.

It will. Revis only covers one guy. He's really effective at killing the teams who depend on a "true number one WR"  (which we all know Decker is not by now right?)  Like The Lions, Texans, Dallas etc. 

For us if it's not Decker it will be Kerley and Amaro. If it's not those two it will be Cumberland, Nelson and CJ. Don't even MAKE me say Chris Ivory.

We are not a one trick pony this season. Revis will play well and we won't throw it near him. Yaaaaay Revis.

+1 

Multiple good options trumps one great option. 

Decker, Kerley, Amaro, CJ, Cumberland, Nelson, and occasionally the others (Salas, Powell, and the 2 returners). Really, from this group there are enough targets on the field at the same time. Also the team isn't so reliant upon one amazing player that the passing game - even the threat of it - more or less disappears when he's off the field.

Archived