is this it for Bradway?

Lizard King

Maybe this is Bradway's final year. I know he made it through the off season purge but those were assistant scouts. A head scout is not so easily replaced, but I wouldn't count that out as Idzik not looking.

I mean you have to think that there's no way Idzik is going to just fall on the sword his second year into the job here. Further, I seem to remember anonymous rumblings a few weeks ago to the effect of the draft being solely on Idzik or at least that Geno was definitely an Idzik guy, something like that. Maybe Bradway is a marked man. That'd certainly be one way that Idzik could make an impact- fire the longest tenured person here save for Woody?

Bottom line is that Idzik needs someone in there with power that he trusts besides himself. Right now he's an emporer with pants and no shirt. He needs to be able to defer to a head scout that shares his philosophy so that he isn't devolving into arguments with the head coach, owner, etc.

let's not hope for too much. if we're lucky, rex will be gone. let's not overdo it.

I hope Idzik is diabolical this offseason. This organization is becoming laughable and somehow he, in some eyes, is the problem; not rex. Scouting department needs a wake up call also

But what could any other coach do with these ingredients?

can't get a new coach because the ingredients suck, can't get a new QB because the weapons are so bad he can't be properly evaluated, can't get new weapons because we need to know what we have in the QB before making that investment.

teacup-merry-Go-round-902-788-Z.jpg

as goofy as Bradway has been over years, you have to give him credit few years back when beat writers said heated arguments between he and tannebaum in War Room over Russell Wilson. Bradway was touting him all year and saying he was one of best prospect in years, and when he was there in 2nd round went nuts when Jets passed, and Seattle got him in 3rd. 

Some one in the draft room leaked that Smith was Idzik's pick. If it is later leaked that Idzik didn't follow his scouts advise on other players in this draft, it might not be Bradway that is gone

I can't hate Idzik for taking Geno, I think it's more like I think the whisper of it coming out came from the same source that said Bradway loved Russell Wilson. I wouldn't even blame Bradway for taking Geno there.

as goofy as Bradway has been over years, you have to give him credit few years back when beat writers said heated arguments between he and tannebaum in War Room over Russell Wilson. Bradway was touting him all year and saying he was one of best prospect in years, and when he was there in 2nd round went nuts when Jets passed, and Seattle got him in 3rd. 

This is probably what has kept him here.

I can't hate Idzik for taking Geno, I think it's more like I think the whisper of it coming out came from the same source that said Bradway loved Russell Wilson. I wouldn't even blame Bradway for taking Geno there.

i agree

I was afraid the Jets were going to take him with 9 or 13.  When 39 came up, and he was still on the board, Jets were in need of a QB,  he was worth a shot.   Sadly for the Jets Sanchez was injured so Smith had to play right now.  Might have been the worst thing that ever happened to him.

i agree

I was afraid the Jets were going to take him with 9 or 13.  When 39 came up, and he was still on the board, Jets were in need of a QB,  he was worth a shot.   Sadly for the Jets Sanchez was injured so Smith had to play right now.  Might have been the worst thing that ever happened to him.

Problem with taking a QB like Geno(has talent but clearly immature) is the environment he was stepping into. Maturity issues and a lax atmosphere...not a good combo for a guy you need to be your hardest worker.

Problem with taking a QB like Geno(has talent but clearly immature) is the environment he was stepping into. Maturity issues and a lax atmosphere...not a good combo for a guy you need to be your hardest worker.

That may be a part of it Matt, but it was a lot more then that.   The guy had never taken a snap from under center.  He was no more ready to start in an NFL offense then you are

That may be a part of it Matt, but it was a lot more then that.   The guy had never taken a snap from under center.  He was no more ready to start in an NFL offense then you are

...which is why Rex getting Sanchez hurt in a preseason game was so devastating. Smith needed time he didn't get.

whoever pulled the trigger on the last two years picks, especially the late rounders should be fired. I feel like it was Rex based on the selections. They played musical chairs at wired times with their scouts. Just another sh!t show in and of itself.

Problem with taking a QB like Geno(has talent but clearly immature) is the environment he was stepping into. Maturity issues and a lax atmosphere...not a good combo for a guy you need to be your hardest worker.

I didn't say that Geno should have started. It's the same thing we did to Sanchez whether they're talented or not. Unless you're Andrew Luck, you just don't throw the rookie into the fire like that. As we see his decision making more and more, it's evident that he didn't have the aptitude to come right in and start. When Sanchez got hurt, a veteran should have been brought in to play at least half a season- when you make a second round investment in a quarterback, you need to groom him properly and treat that pick like it should be treated. This isn't related to quarterback either; any position taken at that level should be treated properly. I think that is the real sin here, the mishandling of the development of the pick, as if second rounders grow on trees. This is what scares me about Idzik, and his abilities to draft properly.

Let's not forget, that was our first pick that year as we had traded away our first for Doug F##king Jolley.

It also gave us the Corner that made Wilson look like Revis, Justin Miller.

i had just gotten over these two transactions. thanks bradway.

Archived