So what did Jet fans think of Revis v Cinci?

WickedAwesome

I always knew Revis would be a Patriot. That was how I justified liking him on game day so much when he was a Jet when I hated the rest of your team, especially then, when it was a top rivalry in the NFL for Conference and division dominance.

What did you think of him last Sunday when finally put back into his element 1v1?

He got robbed out of that early interception which would of been a game killer from the jump given how the Patriots were playing. He shut down AJ Green and a nice chunk of what yards he did get came on the play Revis chased him down for a strip fumble tackle from behind. He completely transformed the Patriot defense so that the rest of them can focus on what they do. Cinci converted 0 third downs. When Revis left the field for a few minutes, Dalton put up an instant TD and the Patriots looked defensively like the same dumpster fire they were in 2011 and early 2012

You guys saw him probably twice as often as I did for NY. Your biases aside, how close to 2010 did you think he looked?

You always knew Revis would be a Patriot? Creepy.

It was one game. How did he help vs. KC?

Revis is a good player and makes your D better. Duh. But he's nothing like he was in 2009/10 and never will be again.

He's been held 10 yards off the line of scrimmage in stupid zone schemes until the Cinci game. It's stupid. We have plenty of people who can stand 10 yards off the line of scrimmage In a Belichick zone. Why sign Revis for that? Cinci game was the first time Revis was used as a man to man shut down corner. I'm expecting we'll be seeing a lot of it now.

You always knew Revis would be a Patriot? Creepy.

It was one game. How did he help vs. KC?

Revis is a good player and makes your D better. Duh. But he's nothing like he was in 2009/10 and never will be again.

Exactly

He'll be a good player, who wants to be paid like the GOAT, until he retires.  If somebody wants to pay an 8 million a year player, 16 million.  Good for him

He's been held 10 yards off the line of scrimmage in stupid zone schemes until the Cinci game. It's stupid. We have plenty of people who can stand 10 yards off the line of scrimmage In a Belichick zone. Why sign Revis for that? Cinci game was the first time Revis was used as a man to man shut down corner. I'm expecting we'll be seeing a lot of it now.

I'm sure it had more to do with AJ Green than some wake up call that BB got one day. Everyone knows what Revis is capable of, just might not call for it some games.

Depends. He might sign for 13M a year if he likes it and they start coming together as a dominant unit. He's made over 80 million dollars and he loves prime time football.

You guys define him by his hold out when that was a completely different place for his career. A guy with Revis impact doesn't want to get injured and have to go get a real job so a guy like Woody can save money. He was the best corner in the league on a rookie contract

I'm sure it had more to do with AJ Green than some wake up call that BB got one day. Everyone knows what Revis is capable of, just might not call for it some games.

Belichick's zone defenses produced a lot of turn overs with a suspect secondary. It needed those turn overs because some seasons that was essentially how we stopped drives. If Revis in shutdown mode is allowing the rest of the defense to constantly force punts, that becomes way more valuable than +2 +3 turn overs or so a game.

Depends. He might sign for 13M a year if he likes it and they start coming together as a dominant unit. He's made over 80 million dollars and he loves prime time football.

You guys define him by his hold out when that was a completely different place for his career. A guy with Revis impact doesn't want to get injured and have to go get a real job so a guy like Woody can save money. He was the best corner in the league on a rookie contract

Revis will not take a penny less to stay in NE. If the godforsaken Raiders throw him $1 more, he'll be a Raider.

LOL.  She is going to cheat on you too. It isn't different this time, that wasn't just in the past and you aren't special.

I don't care about Revis? I don't begrudge him anything. Life is all about doing the best for you. The best for me in regards to the Jets is having 2 revis's at cb on a rookie wage. The best for him is making a sh*t load of money. Our needs differ and he took his services elsewhere. Good for him.

I'm so glad Idzik signed D'mitri Patterson instead. We should give Idzik another 2 years to destroy the franchise.

I said it before the season started, and I'm sticking by it: the team the Jets put on the field this year is about the same if not worse than the one they put out last year. Which is unbelievable when you think about it. How did Idzik manage to not improve the team despite having 12 draft picks and tons of space under the cap?

I always knew Revis would be a Patriot. That was how I justified liking him on game day so much when he was a Jet when I hated the rest of your team, especially then, when it was a top rivalry in the NFL for Conference and division dominance.

What did you think of him last Sunday when finally put back into his element 1v1?

He got robbed out of that early interception which would of been a game killer from the jump given how the Patriots were playing. He shut down AJ Green and a nice chunk of what yards he did get came on the play Revis chased him down for a strip fumble tackle from behind. He completely transformed the Patriot defense so that the rest of them can focus on what they do. Cinci converted 0 third downs. When Revis left the field for a few minutes, Dalton put up an instant TD and the Patriots looked defensively like the same dumpster fire they were in 2011 and early 2012

You guys saw him probably twice as often as I did for NY. Your biases aside, how close to 2010 did you think he looked?

He looks as awesome as I can remember. You guys are winning the super bowl this year!!! Totes!!!!

What I love the most is how that kid from Seattle is being called "the best ever" and how he is getting ALL of the big $$$ endorsement gigs that Revis is burning up over that he's NOT getting. Ha ha ha, couldn't happen to bigger JERK-and guess what if he comes back here NEXT year, he'll still be a JERK

The sad/funny thing is we are on a message board all informed, there probably are millions of casual Jets fans who will be legitimately surprised to see Revis in a Patriots uniform on Thursday night. the ignorant football fan is more numerous than you'd think. 

the year he was holding out, he was the 7th or 8th highest paid DB on the team. Eric Smith was making more than Revis. 

The Jets mismanaged that whole situation. He was the best draft pick they made in 40 years and he's on the Patriots. 

I'm so glad Idzik signed D'mitri Patterson instead. We should give Idzik another 2 years to destroy the franchise.

If Tanny had signed Dimitri Patterson or Mike Goodson the TomShanes of the world would have gone ballistic. Idzik is getting a pass because he's relatively new but his record is stinky. He's done basically one good thing, draft Sheldon Richardson.  

If Tanny had signed Dimitri Patterson or Mike Goodson the TomShanes of the world would have gone ballistic. Idzik is getting a pass because he's relatively new but his record is stinky. He's done basically one good thing, draft Sheldon Richardson.  

yea but he sure is saving Woody a lot of unused cap money, so there's that too. All at once now: goody goody gumdrops

yea but he sure is saving Woody a lot of unused cap money, so there's that too. All at once now: goody goody gumdrops

I honestly don't even blame Idzik for free agency. For the draft, yes he's a bastard.  but  remember, he gets hired and was told his first job is to trade the team's best player. That's not a great first task. 

This idea that Idzik has  purposely low balls people, can't negotiate etc assumes he's a moron. The dude went to Dartmouth. could just be the budget he's been given.

A team doesn't get to the lowest total spend in the league by accident. 

But let me reiterate the draft is why Idzik is to blame for the level of this disaster. he pulled the trigger 12 times and came up with 2 possible players at non premium positions S and TE.

it's not enough.  If there was a QB on the roster somewhere or better WR/CB they really could have won a few of those close non SD games. They were always going to lose to DEN this week. But 3-3 was not unthinkable instead it's going to be 1-5. 

I give Idzik a pass for one reason and one reason only: Rex sucks and the locker room has produced the same personnel issues for four years running.

There is talk that Marty and Rex are BOTH on the hot seat and that although it would make perfect sense and be the best move FOR the Jets Jim Harbaugh will NOT be hired it will be Idzik's buddy boy Dan Quinn from Seattle...woe is us, woe is us Jets fans

There is talk that Marty and Rex are BOTH on the hot seat and that although it would make perfect sense and be the best move FOR the Jets Jim Harbaugh will NOT be hired it will be Idzik's buddy boy Dan Quinn from Seattle...woe is us, woe is us Jets fans

Not to mention Quinn spent a couple years here as a DL Coach. This is almost automatic. 

Archived