Dee Milliner torn achilles done for the year

joewilly12

Rex Ryan: Dee Milliner has Achilles injury
October, 12, 2014
OCT 12
6:59
PM ET
By Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Dee Milliner left MetLife Stadium in a golf cart, with crutches and a walking boot after New York Jets coach Rex Ryan announced his top cornerback had an Achilles injury. Although Ryan didn't say point blank that Milliner's season was over, those injuries often require surgery and a long recovery period. 

[+] Enlargeny_a_millner01jr_E_300x300.jpg
AP Photo/Bill KostrounJets cornerback Dee Milliner is helped off the field with an ankle injury in Sunday's Week 6 game.

Asked if it was long term, "I guess so," Ryan responded. 

The truth is, Milliner has already missed a good chunk of time this season. He sustained a high ankle sprain in August, on the same day that rookie CB Dex McDougle tore his ACL. He recovered enough to play against Green Bay, but after compiling four solo tackles, Milliner injured his quad and has been managing that injury ever since. 

"It hurts us because not having him in our secondary, that's a big part of us," Pryor said. "We rely on him a lot, but unfortunately he's been injured. I don't know how long he's out, I really don't know what happened, but I did go up in there and talk to him. 'Just keep your head up. We believe in you. [We're] with you whenever you get back and you're still going to be close like we were before you left.' So I just hope he gets better." 

The Jets have had bad luck at the corner position; in addition to serious injuries to Milliner and McDougle, the Jets cut their free agent acquisition Dmitri Patterson when he missed a game. The team has converted Antonio Allen from safety -- although he's still playing some safety as well, and promoted Darrin Walls to a starter. Kyle Wilson, in his fifth season with the team, remains in the nickel. 

If there is any fine-tuning to be done, it has to be done quickly. The Jets will play at New England on Thursday night. According to ESPN Stats & Information, visiting teams have a .351 winning percentage in Thursday night games since 2006. 

Winters injures knee: Left guard Brian Winters sustained a knee injury in the game, and Ryan wasn't optimistic about Winters' status. 

"I know he didn't return," Ryan said. "That's usually not a good sign." 

Oday Aboushi replaced Winters at the spot. Winters didn't get to his locker after the game, and a Jets staffer carried his clothes and brown leather cowboy boots into the trainer's room. 

Salas hurts wrist: WR Greg Salas went to the X-ray room after the game to get his wrist examined, he said. The Jets' wides aren't faring much better than corners; David Nelson(ankle) was inactive against the Broncos, although Eric Decker appears to have improved after managing a hamstring injury for much of the season. Decker had six catches for 54 yards against his former team. 

Last but not least: Backup linebacker Trevor Reilly suffered a knee injury during the game

He will never, ever, ever be 100%. He was always hurt in the SEC. He'll always be hurt in the NFL. 

It's remarkable how some NFL talent evaluators think that an injury prone player will somehow become healthy in the NFL.  HGH is not THAT good.

It's not like Milliner was a reach because many teams gave him a high 1st round grade even with the injury red flag according to reports.  Have no idea what these teams were thinking.

Archived