2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In theory that could work, but in actual practice it doesn't because the Knicks were godawful with Melo before the ASG.  They were 10 and 43 at the ASG (.188)  and 7-22 (.241) afterwards.

In fact, the Knicks may have played better without Melo earlier if those post-ASG rate held up.

Whatever, let me have this. It makes my anger easier to direct. 

He reportedly wants “to be more involved in the offense and wants to be an All-Star,” according to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times (June 26).

Jordan averaged 11.5 points, 15.0 rebounds and 2.2 blocks in 34.4 minutes per game last season for the Clippers.

He's done in New York. I wouldn't be shocked if he got traded and waived his no-trade clause. Fingers crossed for a melo/Porzingis for Durant trade.

Despite his great scoring ability, not sure anyone is signing up to overpay an aging scorer with a bad attitude to match his knees. If Durant wanted to come here and shot his way out of town, may be it works. Fair bet that Jackon (or soemone) is making calls.

Gotta give Jax credit because reports are that Knicks were going to take Mudiay at 4 until they had the framework of the deal with Atlanta. They were confident Grant would be there at 15 (Atlanta later swapped with Was). This is what good GMsdo.

Gotta give Jax credit because reports are that Knicks were going to take Mudiay at 4 until they had the framework of the deal with Atlanta. They were confident Grant would be there at 15 (Atlanta later swapped with Was). This is what good GMsdo.

Sounds like bad spin, actually.

Despite his great scoring ability, not sure anyone is signing up to overpay an aging scorer with a bad attitude to match his knees. If Durant wanted to come here and shot his way out of town, may be it works. Fair bet that Jackon (or soemone) is making calls.

If anyone trades for Melo to be a cornerstone player, they deserve what they get. He'd be ideal in Cleveland, IMO

I really don't see LeBron going along with this ever.

I thought I read they were best pals at the Olympics or some such. My heart still breaks a little every time I recall LeBron kicking the ball out to Shumpert in the fourth quarter of every Finals game.

Grant has the same skill set as Mudiay but is a better shooter.  I would have preferred WCS/Grant or Winslow/Grant but hey if this Porzingis is this great shooter and can fill out that body he seems to be a good kid and not some lazy POS like Bargnani.

He reportedly wants “to be more involved in the offense and wants to be an All-Star,” according to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times (June 26).

Jordan averaged 11.5 points, 15.0 rebounds and 2.2 blocks in 34.4 minutes per game last season for the Clippers.

Only way the Knicks can get free agents is if they overpay for Jordan and a guard like Jimmy Butler or Rajon Rondo.

Please no Monroe although it's 150% going to happen.

There's no such thing as overpaying for Jordan.

I agree but amateur capologists might try to argue he's not a max player.  I think he is - especially if the cap is increasing by $20 million next year who gives a sh-t.

Add Jordan and a two-way guard I'll be feeling a whole lot better about next year.  But if we sign Monroe forget it.

Fisher specifically said at the presser that they're looking for a center to play D, so I have no clue how that jibes with the Monroe rumors.

I think the Knicks should go to a similar lineup from 3 years ago if they sign Jordan. Jordan at 5, Melo at 4, KP at 3, Grant at 2 and Calderon at 1.

Fisher specifically said at the presser that they're looking for a center to play D, so I have no clue how that jibes with the Monroe rumors.

I think the Knicks should go to a similar lineup from 3 years ago if they sign Jordan. Jordan at 5, Melo at 4, KP at 3, Grant at 2 and Calderon at 1.

I'm hoping Monroe is just a smokescreen/contingency plan.

Stephen A hating the Pozingis pick made me feel better about it.

Does KP play at 3 though ?

Broussard is an absolute tool.

Broussard is a tool, but that has nothing to do with his reporting of what happened. You have a problem with what he predicted which is completely different situation.

Does KP play at 3 though ?

He played both F positions with Sevilla. He's fluid enough in the hips and has quick enough feet right now to guard the 3.

In fact, he's quicker in guarding the 3 than Melo is. Melo's inability to guard 3s hurt their defense last season.

“He has a great sense of American culture,” a Kristaps Porzingis teammate told me. “He goes on WorldStarHipHop every day.”

Not too far off. Have you interacted with any high-school/early college kids lately? It's all socks and sandals and whipping their hair doing the nae nae. And that's just the white suburban kids.  

Archived