If The Jets Start 1-9....

Warfish

there was some input under Tanny and guess what Santonio won alot of games here. The teams were better when Rex was given some input. They used to spend money. The fans would cry about how mediocrity was awful. Now they are all Idzik picks and the team eats goat balls. 1 and whatever that's what you guys wanted right? Tear it down to build it back up again that's the plan right? 

Only problem is there's no reason to be optimistic cause the draft was a complete disaster.

The truth of the matter Bit is the team is terrible because it has the worst owner in the league, a guy that nobody who has any thought of leaving a positive legacy wants to work for. This is beyond the point of coaches or GMs or players this is all about the Jets having an out of touch rich kid owner with a very expensive toy that he likes to play with 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incidentally I don't think it's any coincidence that about 90% of the professional scribes all parrot the opinion of the more logical here.  Ryan was given the Washington Generals and expected to compete with the Globetrotters.  It's pretty insulting when you think about it.

Pac and Mehta. Like Master Blaster.

there was some input under Tanny and guess what Santonio won alot of games here. The teams were better when Rex was given some input. They used to spend money. The fans would cry about how mediocrity was awful. Now they are all Idzik picks and the team eats goat balls. 1 and whatever that's what you guys wanted right? Tear it down to build it back up again that's the plan right? 

Only problem is there's no reason to be optimistic cause the draft was a complete disaster.

Slipperiest of all posts.

Is this the bacon-flavored Ritz thread? I'd like to take some credit for that. The highlight of my (and many of you) 2014 Jets season. Can someone point me to the bacon flavored ritz thread?? For the love of God!!!

I'm so disheartened by what's going in with the franchise that I find myself speed-reading through threads debating who's at fault and concluding that EVERYONE is right.

No one in this organization escapes blame. No one. So what's next?

I keep coming back to woody, just NOT for whats going on in 2014. its big picture sh*t so bear with me....

I will never understand why someone with billions would buy an NFL team and NOT recognize that he's a neophyte. Why would someone buy a team and not research what works in the NFL. Can't an owner knock on the Rooneys door and ask questions? The Maras? Or any other owner or franchise that has a long, storied history of success.

"How do I run a franchise, sir? I want to succeed and I want to make sure my football operations are run by people and has checks and balances in place that you, sir, consider important. Can you help me accomplish these goals?"

Then, like any good businessman, sit silently and listen to the advice bestowed upon you.

Take this advice, then put it into action.

So here I am, looking ahead to 2015, and wondering, "who is making the important decisions and why do I feel anything BUT confidence."

The truth of the matter Bit is the team is terrible because it has the worst owner in the league, a guy that nobody who has any thought of leaving a positive legacy wants to work for. This is beyond the point of coaches or GMs or players this is all about the Jets having an out of touch rich kid owner with a very expensive toy that he likes to play with 

I tend to agree. Woody is taking that 21 million in cap space (which really more like 35 million in payroll space) and pocketing it. You don't get to the lowest spend in the league by accident. 

Slipperiest of all posts.

taking this as a compliment. Thanks. 

http://www.jetnation.com/2014/05/12/breaking-down-the-ny-jets-2014-draft/

Is this the bacon-flavored Ritz thread? I'd like to take some credit for that. The highlight of my (and many of you) 2014 Jets season. Can someone point me to the bacon flavored ritz thread?? For the love of God!!!

I'm so disheartened by what's going in with the franchise that I find myself speed-reading through threads debating who's at fault and concluding that EVERYONE is right.

No one in this organization escapes blame. No one. So what's next?

I keep coming back to woody, just NOT for whats going on in 2014. its big picture sh*t so bear with me....

I will never understand why someone with billions would buy an NFL team and NOT recognize that he's a neophyte. Why would someone buy a team and not research what works in the NFL. Can't an owner knock on the Rooneys door and ask questions? The Maras? Or any other owner or franchise that has a long, storied history of success.

"How do I run a franchise, sir? I want to succeed and I want to make sure my football operations are run by people and has checks and balances in place that you, sir, consider important. Can you help me accomplish these goals?"

Then, like any good businessman, sit silently and listen to the advice bestowed upon you.

Take this advice, then put it into action.

So here I am, looking ahead to 2015, and wondering, "who is making the important decisions and why do I feel anything BUT confidence."

Woody was busy getting the new stadium built.

Rex has made a lot of mistakes but ultimately his fate has been dictated by incompetent QB's and worse GM's. I don't want him gone but have accepted that he will. I hope he gets a HC gig with a good QB, just to see how he does and what could have been.

I genuinely still blame Tannenbaum for most of this f*cking mess.

Well he won't replace BB so that's just silly, but he would absolutely contend for a SB with BB's current roster.  Best case scenario for Rex is a team that does not have the worst QB in the NFL and an average to above average offense in place.  Keep the offensive staff around and let Rex revamp the defense.  The Colts won a SB that way with Dungy, and the Bucs won a SB that way with Gruden.  Most NFL coaches specialize in one side of the ball and have a strong supporting cast on the other side.  Hell, BB won SB's while he ran the defense and Charlie Weis babied Tom Brady and had him throw fifteen screen passes every week  until he turned in to what he is now.  Every now and then you get a fluke situation like Brian Billick had in Baltimore.  He was supposed to be an offensive genius but he needed Rex's defense to carry him to a SB while he failed to develop multiple first round QB's.  I get it, people are tired of not winning the SB so they want to blame the HC despite the fact that he's got a POS roster.  Easier to replace one guy than 40-45, right?

Marvin Lewis was the DC when Billick won a super bowl with the Ravens.  And Harbaugh won a SB with the Ravens after Rex was out of Baltimore and the NYJ HC.   So the truth is when Rex as DC or HC, he's never even gotten to a super bowl.

Rex has made a lot of mistakes but ultimately his fate has been dictated by incompetent QB's and worse GM's. I don't want him gone but have accepted that he will. I hope he gets a HC gig with a good QB, just to see how he does and what could have been.

I genuinely still blame Tannenbaum for most of this f*cking mess.

Rex 's fate has been dictated by himself, nobody else. Rex was given a great running game, and a very good 3-4 defense when he came here, and then a highly drafted QB that he chose over Freeman. In his first 4 years since he had been here, the entire roster went in HIS direction, with the same GM who built the very good roster he inherited.

The team was built the way HE wanted it, that was how Tanny GM'd, he came from the Parcells school where the HC picks the groceries. He is on his 3rd OC, of which he has hand picked 2 that both suck. He has not learned anything when it comes to in game management, and thinks the defense is "his defense", while the offense is, "the offense".

It's time to stop trying to blame everyone but Rex for Rex's flaws. I get that he is a likeable guy, and it would be awesome to tailgate with the guy, but he has put himself in this position, nobody else did this to him.

Marvin Lewis was the DC when Billick won a super bowl with the Ravens.  And Harbaugh won a SB with the Ravens after Rex was out of Baltimore and the NYJ HC.   So the truth is when Rex as DC or HC, he's never even gotten to a super bowl.

cool

Well duh....Johnson plays offense...Rex STILL doesn't know he's on the team, right?

We know exactly who signs players..it's the GM.  What we don't know, is who lobbies for them and how hard.  If Rex had the power to sign players, he would have addressed the CB position.

not really wrecks is so full of himself he thinks he can turn any defense into a top 10 even if we had waterboys on his defense.

not really wrecks is so full of himself he thinks he can turn any defense into a top 10 even if we had waterboys on his defense.

Great analysis...he wanted Dmitri Patterson and Antonio Allen to play CB.

I hope for a 1-15 season now and the purge and draft picks that it will bring, and then I remember that we have to play Buffalo twice and get sad

if you think buffalo is a easy opponet think again spiller and fred jackson are going to run all over us. We usually split with them and miami. So I think we win 3-4 games left even with the supposed weakened schedule but we are the jets we have no competent HC and a number 2 QB starting.

like i said wrecks is so full of himself i wouldn't doubt this for a moment.

Then why did he draft 2 CB's and sign Patterson?  He already had Lankster, Walls, Allen, Kyle Wilson, Dee Milliner, Johnny Patrick, and Ras I Downling.  They had plenty of CB's to cover the field.  Rex makes all of the picks, he signs all the free agents, and he thinks he can be successful with a water boy.  Tell me why he would then go out and use two draft picks on CB's and sign one as a FA.  He already had seven CB's on the roster to choose from.

Then why did he draft 2 CB's and sign Patterson?  He already had Lankster, Walls, Allen, Kyle Wilson, Dee Milliner, Johnny Patrick, and Ras I Downling.  They had plenty of CB's to cover the field.  Rex makes all of the picks, he signs all the free agents, and he thinks he can be successful with a water boy.  Tell me why he would then go out and use two draft picks on CB's and sign one as a FA.  He already had seven CB's on the roster to choose from.

if you haven't noticed rex is about defense i am surprised he has any offensive players at all this comes from  rex's own mouth in a matter of speaking.

I bet he would field 53 DB's if he could.

I am not saying he is signing the players and drafting them but he does give his input into the players he needs and then idzick and him have to agree on a roster.

GM'ing 101 and actual job description.

if you haven't noticed rex is about defense i am surprised he has any offensive players at all this comes from  rex's own mouth in a matter of speaking.

I bet he would field 53 DB's if he could.

I am not saying he is signing the players and drafting them but he does give his input into the players he needs and then idzick and him have to agree on a roster.

GM'ing 101 and actual job description.

There was no need to cut any of the CB's he had on the roster.  He had plenty and he could have  used his picks and cap space on other positions on defense...why did he cut those CB's and replace them with other CB's if he thought he could get it done with a waterboy?

You're wrong about that too...Rex drafts every player and signs every free agent.

Surprised AirForce isn't crowing about how Rex was the only reason last night was close, how the Pats have 1000% of our talent, and without Rex it would have been 52-3 final instead of being close, etc, etc, etc.

For some, I guess last night was validation (in a "moral victory yet again" kinda way) of their "without Rex we have nothing" faith.

Yet here we sit, 1-6.  A fourth non-winning season now all but guaranteed.

Last night was both utterly depressingly heartbreaking, and a great example (as I see it) of why I have my doubts about Rex going forward.

Surprised AirForce isn't crowing about how Rex was the only reason last night was close, how the Pats have 1000% of our talent, and without Rex it would have been 52-3 final instead of being close, etc, etc, etc.

For some, I guess last night was validation (in a "moral victory yet again" kinda way) of their "without Rex we have nothing" faith.

Last night was both utterly depressingly heartbreaking, and a great example (as I see it) of why I have my doubts about Rex going forward.

On the post game they said this was the best game of Geno's career because it's the first time he loss without throwing a pick.  Standards meet cellar.  

You know nothing about me.  Stop pretending you do.  Not at all surprised to see you're  happy about another Jets loss and revel in their coming up short.  More good times ahead for you though because with this roster, the losses are going to keep piling up.

Not at all surprised to see you're  happy about another Jets loss and revel in their coming up short.  More good times ahead for you though because with this roster, the losses are going to keep piling up.

Get ****ed, happy?  Happy my ass.

I'm sick and tired of heartbreaking or embarrassing losses the last four years.

And I'm TRULY sick of idiot cult-of-personality fans who care more about this player, or that coach, than they do winning ******* games.

Be assured, I care about nothing BUT winning.  And every loss, no matter how predictable, is horrible to me.

Get ****ed, happy?  Happy my ass.

I'm sick and tired of heartbreaking or embarrassing losses the last four years.

And I'm TRULY sick of idiot cult-of-personality fans who care more about this player, or that coach, than they do winning ******* games.

I'm not going to resort to personal attacks and name calling.  At this point, we can just agree to disagree.

Have a nice day sir.

I'm not going to resort to personal attacks and name calling.  At this point, we can just agree to disagree.

Have a nice day sir.

Personal attacks like telling a fellow fan they're "happy we lost", i.e. telling them they're not a Fan at all?

Like I said, get ****ed with that sillyness.

Personal attacks like telling a fellow fan they're "happy we lost", i.e. telling them they're not a Fan at all?

Like I said, get ****ed with that sillyness.

When you're ready to talk like an adult, I am too.  If you want to have a discussion with me, then simply say "Hey AirForce, what did you think of Rex last night" and I will give you my honest opinion.  Don't act childish and come in to a thread saying "Hey everybody, I'm surprised AirForce isn't here to tell us blah blah blah blah".  I remember you from JI and you were one of my favorite posters but I'd say that there's some regression IMO.  I don't remember you being so hostile and disrespectful.  Busting balls is one thing, but profanity and attacks are another.  I'm not going to lie either, I have my days when I want to say the types of things you just said to me, but out of respect for the board, I try to switch the computer off and come back when I've cooled down a little bit. Definitely not trying to tell you how to conduct yourself, to each his own.

I remember you from JI and you were one of my favorite posters but I'd say that there's some regression IMO.  I don't remember you being so hostile and disrespectful.

Then you don't remember me at all.

After doing this for all the years I have, I have found one thing to be almost universal......when someone finds themselves on the other side of an issue from me, they almost always pull out the "you were a favorite poster, but (now that you're disagreeing with ME!) now you're a meany-mean-pants!  What happened to you man?"

Nothing happened.  I'm the exact same poster I was ten years ago, doing the exact same things, passionately defending the viewpoint I hold.

And the one thing I will NEVER take from anyone is having my Fandom questioned.  You can call me stupid, ignorant, even fat (cause I am these days), but I will never, ever, have my loyalty to this stupid ass disappointment of a team questioned by homers who reject criticism as disloyalty, analysis as enjoyment of losses, or opinion as some form of bad fandom. 

Perhaps I shouldn't have name dropped you in the thread where you and I had just exchanged 50 posts in the last 24 hours.  But fact is, I have no doubt in my mind after our exchanges yesterday that you, in fact, hold the viewpoint I assigned you.  Deny it if you like, or don't.

That's were we are right now.

We "win" when we only lose by a little.

Wonder if we'll get the "Tried Real Hard" Trophy at years end.

They have 10th place ribbons? - Meet the Fockers

Jets, 32nd place ribbon. Winners of the 2014 Try Hard Toilet Bowl Award.

Archived