Help us put up a billboard

FireJohnIdzik

Funny thing is I was just listening to NFLN (sat. radio) earlier this afternoon, and they'd (allegedly) asked some current GMs about the Jets' HC/GM situation and the majority of them said (no names; off the record) that they'd fire Idzik but keep Ryan.

They're obliviously not listening to some of the genius brain trust around here who, only because they have other things going on in their hectic lives, don't have the time to function as GM's in the NFL.

A job they would be perfectly qualified to perform. 

If they did listen to them, they would find out that they were wrong and the exact opposite was true.   

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would do better by hiring airplane ads like the Giants did in the 70s and then giving the press a heads up about the flight pattern. Billboard may work on the turnpike or the Lincoln tunnel You are better off with the airplane.also the problem is much more than john idzik. Expand your message to be a little less knee jerk. I like the idea in principle though.

What's the acceptable amount of time it should take to find a QB? I can't wait for this answer.

keep trying till you find one is the timeline. at what point did you say to yourself" gee this geno kid is gonna be sumpin special. no need to draft another" ? and don't give me the boyd crap. idzik started and stopped with geno smith. a draft with 12 picks is a good time to grab another prospect or 2, considering that geno is/was the worst qb in the league

I say the Billboard should read

Woody Johnson -

Notice Served -

Cease and Desist calling your franchise "The New York Jets" .  You may call them "The New Jersey Jets" or "Same Ol Jets" until such time as you sell this Team and move said operations to the greater New York State.

Some lawyer on jetnation here can help with wording thanks in advance.

keep trying till you find one is the timeline. at what point did you say to yourself" gee this geno kid is gonna be sumpin special. no need to draft another" ? and don't give me the boyd crap. idzik started and stopped with geno smith. a draft with 12 picks is a good time to grab another prospect or 2, considering that geno is/was the worst qb in the league

He drafted a QB in 2014. and signed the top FA in Vick. As well as a highly drafted QB in 2013.

You were SURE Geno wasn't going to work out during the preseason? No you weren't. It had to play out. That being said he should have been benched weeks ago. I was SURE after week 4.

He drafted a QB in 2014. and signed the top FA in Vick. As well as a highly drafted QB in 2013.

You were SURE Geno wasn't going to work out during the preseason? No you weren't. It had to play out. That being said he should have been benched weeks ago. I was SURE after week 4.

mike vick

jajh boyd

geno smith

doesn't take a qb guru to figure it out. yes, I was pretty sure geno wasn't going to work out during the offseason. appearently, he fooled idzik tho.

mike vick

jajh boyd

geno smith

doesn't take a qb guru to figure it out. yes, I was pretty sure geno wasn't going to work out during the offseason. appearently, he fooled idzik tho.

Do you have an ounce of proof that you were ready to give up on him before week 1 of the regular season? I'm not trying to call you a liar or be a jerk, but did you post anything on this board or anything that you knew it was a waste to start him? No one was totally sold on this guy, but everyone wanted to see what he would do the first few games.

It's easy to know not to draft Boyd or start Geno today .... after the fact.

Do you have an ounce of proof that you were ready to give up on him before week 1 of the regular season? I'm not trying to call you a liar or be a jerk, but did you post anything on this board or anything that you knew it was a waste to start him? No one was totally sold on this guy, but everyone wanted to see what he would do the first few games.

It's easy to know not to draft Boyd or start Geno today .... after the fact.

I wanted to draft a qb, if that helps. but seriously, that was not my point. of course you start geno. you need to know for sure. however, watching him play, you needed to have option B, which idzik didn't bother to address. again, did you see anything in geno smith which would make you opt out of option B ?

I wanted to draft a qb, if that helps. but seriously, that was not my point. of course you start geno. you need to know for sure. however, watching him play, you needed to have option B, which idzik didn't bother to address. again, did you see anything in geno smith which would make you opt out of option B ?

I hear you, but a 4 million dollar back up isn't ignoring the problem. But I think you are saying an option B that could be a long term answer. That's what every team wants and is so damn rare. In my 25 years as a Jets fan I remember a stretch of maybe 24 to 30 months during Penningtons prime where I thought we had a real high level 10 year starter in place. 24-30 months out of 25 years. And I was wrong... I'm just saying I thought we had one.

I can't stomach teams like the Packers and Colts that have had 15-20 years of franchise QB's uninterrupted.

make it fire or get rid of Woody Johnson and I'm in

they are letting the donors vote on what the billboard will say… i sent them a message yesterday and they responded immediately. I like these guys and am one of the few who donated. 

That said - you can't fire or get rid of the owner. But maybe they would be interested in something like "Attention Woody - fire idzik & sell the team. Sincerely, Jets Fans"

they are letting the donors vote on what the billboard will say… i sent them a message yesterday and they responded immediately. I like these guys and am one of the few who donated. 

That said - you can't fire or get rid of the owner. But maybe they would be interested in something like "Attention Woody - fire idzik & sell the team. Sincerely, Jets Fans"

Mmm, good point. I see. Woody sell the team or die, is probably unrealistic... 

idzikweb31s-web.jpgRobert Sabo/New York Daily NewsJets fans are getting creative in voicing their displeasure with GM John Idzik.

John Idzik has been the Jets GM for less than two years and the fans are already fed up.

Coming off the heels of a press conference where Idzik basically praised the 1-7 team, disgruntled fans have built a website called firejohnidzik.com.

The website, spearheaded by Jets fans and season ticket holders Jason Koeppel of Hackensack and his brother Jared, displays a slideshow of the disappointing players under Idzik and has a mission statement detailing their goal to purchase a billboard outside MetLife stadium.

"Join other long suffering Jets fans in our quest to rid the organization of our CLOWN GM," the statement read. "Our goal is to raise enough money to purchase a billboard in the vicinity of MetLife Stadium and let the Jets know that their most loyal fans are demanding change."

"Show Woody that we paid our PSL's. We put up with the massive rip-off that is MetLife Stadium and the absurd price of tickets and concessions. But we will no longer put up with John Idzik running the show."

The idea for the website was hatched as Koeppel, whose family has been season ticket holders for the last 27 years, was listening to Monday's press conference. He called his brother and two friends and they all agreed they needed to do something greater than complain on the message boards, thus firejohnidzik.com was born.

"First of all, Sunday's game was ridiculous. We left the stadium beyond another level of angry," Koeppel told the Daily News. "Then Monday was the tipping point. I'm listening going 'are you kidding me?' We had to do something.

"You're going to expect people to pour money into your product and you start talking about how well everyone is playing and this 'play like a Jet' mantra, it was making my ears bleed."

The website has been live since Monday and the group of fans have raised $385 total so far, but are a long ways off from their ultimate goal of $10,000, which is how much a billboard in the vicinity of MetLife Stadium would cost. Anyone who donates $25 also receives a FireJohnIdzik.com t-shirt. 

"The plan was kind of hatched overnight so we're still trying to figure everything out," Koeppel said. "We're not trying to make a buck off this. We want to show that a lot of Jets fans are involved in this because that's a bigger statement."

Koeppel adds that the blame doesn't just stop and start with Idzik, but owner Woody Johnson is also responsible for this mess.

"I blame Woody, but you can't fire the owner," Koeppel said. "We're Mets and Knicks fans too, if we could fire the owner, we'd fire them all."

While the future of the Jets doesn't look optimistic, Koeppel, like many Jets fans, is stuck paying for PSLs and left hoping he is wrong and the Jets eventually right the ship.

"We'll be there every Sunday, tailgating, having fun and hoping for the best but expecting the worst," Koeppel said. "That's the life of a Jets fan."

So, after yesterday's press conference, my fellow long time season ticket holders and i decided enough is enough. This clown John Idzik has to go. He has ruined our team, and not to mention the value of everyone's PSLs. Our mission is to raise enough money to put up a billboard close to MetLife to let Woody know the time has come to end this circus.

We have started www.FireJohnIdzik.com

$10 donation gets your name listed on the online petition

$25 donation gets your name listed and an official FireJohnIdzik.com t-shirt

The t-shirts will ship in one week

Seriously, you trust this clown to pick a head coach, run another draft or sign another free agent? I sure as hell don't!

Why do you need to raise money to have this site? I don't understand that part of it?

Our mission is to raise enough money to put up a billboard close to MetLife to let Woody know the time has come to end this circus.

How much does that cost? Are their options available right now that can be used?

How much does that cost? Are their options available right now that can be used?

It is complicated

You have to buy a Public Signage License that grants you the option to pay the weekly display fee. However, your license does not entitle you to an option to purchase the display rights during Giants games. A group of Giants fans already holds the Public Signage License on the same space for their billboard showing Eli Manning throwing an interception to a guy in a wheelchair with "Cut Eli!" written across the top.

Archived