Chris Johnson Frustrated By Diminished Role

flgreen

Can't tell if you realize that when I referenced his connection with Alge in ATL that I was agreeing with your comment that Vick loves him some TE. Perhaps looking so hard for an argument that you aren't even interpreting what you're reading? 

Anyway, I agree that Amaro could see an uptick. Vick has favored throwing to the TE his whole career.

What are you talking about? Crumpler in atl then celek in philly. Those are the only two te he has spent significant time with. When i mention celek you say "he didnlt play in ATL" i thought you were sarcastic by ignoring vicks years in philly. There is no debate just didnt understand where you were coming from.

What are you talking about? Crumpler in atl then celek in philly. Those are the only two te he has spent significant time with. When i mention celek you say "he didnlt play in ATL" i thought you were sarcastic by ignoring vicks years in philly. There is no debate just didnt understand where you were coming from.

Look dummy, you said "vick loved the te in philly", and I responded by saying "... he always has (loved the TE)" and then cited his love for Alge in ATL. You initially only referenced Philly, so I said, "yup, you're right and don't forget Atlanta too".

Then you stupidly said that this was "not true" and that "celek thrived with him". So, I pointed out that I was only talking about the ATL time, because you'd only referenced the Philly time originally. 

Are you always this big a prick to people that help reinforce your points? Good thing it happens so rarely.

Look dummy, you said "vick loved the te in philly", and I responded by saying "... he always has (loved the TE)" and then cited his love for Alge in ATL. You initially only referenced Philly, so I said, "yup, you're right and don't forget Atlanta too".

Then you stupidly said that this was "not true" and that "celek thrived with him". So, I pointed out that I was only talking about the ATL time, because you'd only referenced the Philly time originally. 

Are you always this big a prick to people that help reinforce your points? Good thing it happens so rarely.

Uh, I'm not man I just didn't understand where you were coming from which I've now admitted twice. Sorry that I thought you were joking and that I didn't understand the joke--wouldn't be the first time :). Not sure where the anger is coming from but if it makes you feel better, rage on brother.

Uh, I'm not man I just didn't understand where you were coming from which I've now admitted twice. Sorry that I thought you were joking and that I didn't understand the joke--wouldn't be the first time :). Not sure where the anger is coming from but if it makes you feel better, rage on brother.

It's not anger... I'm playing it up because it's funnier that way. :)

“I don’t want to be a distraction in the locker room,” Johnson said. “This situation, I’m pretty sure just like I see it, everybody else sees it. I don’t want to be labeled as one of those guys who start controversy or start problems.

So the best way to not be a distraction is to speak to the media about your feelings. Makes sense.

Jets’ Chris Johnson ‘frustrated’ by diminished role

By Brian CostelloOctober 29, 2014 | 8:24pm

Jets running back Chris Johnson is doing his best to keep quiet, but his disappearing role on this team is clearly bothering him.

Johnson played just 16 of the 84 (19 percent) offensive snaps in Sunday’s 43-23 loss to the Bills. He had just three carries for seven yards and two catches for 13.

“Of course I’m frustrated,” Johnson told The Post on Wednesday. “On top of having a limited role, not playing as much as I want to play and then on top of that we’re 1-7. It’s frustrating.”

Johnson’s role has been much smaller than anyone expected entering this season. He has played 34 percent of the snaps this season, as Chris Ivory has emerged as the team’s lead back. Johnson has just 268 yards on 67 carries with one touchdown and 14 catches for 72 yards and a touchdown.

The former 2,000-yard back said he is surprised by how he has been used, but does not want to complain to the coaches.

“I don’t want to be a distraction in the locker room,” Johnson said. “This situation, I’m pretty sure just like I see it, everybody else sees it. I don’t want to be labeled as one of those guys who start controversy or start problems. I just continue to pray about the situation and continue to take advantage when I get opportunities and see what comes of it.”

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he believes Johnson’s limited role last week was because of the lopsided score, but the game did not get out of hand until the fourth quarter. Ryan was asked if the Jets are phasing Johnson out.

“No, I don’t believe so,” Ryan said. “I think he will get plenty of shots at it this week.”

The Jets have managed to create just three turnovers on defense this season. The NFL record for fewest in a 16-game season is 11, set last season by the Texans. At their current pace, the Jets will shatter that record and finish with 6. But Ryan does not see that happening.

“I have been a part of a lot of record-setting defenses, but I never thought I would set one in futility,” Ryan said. “Thank goodness the year isn’t over. I bet we won’t be there, I bet we won’t break that record before the year is over, but we can’t buy one. Even when the ball hits us in the hands, it doesn’t seem like [we convert]. We could have given up 10 turnovers last week, and yet we can’t get one on defense. So, again you just go out, you talk about it, you emphasize it, but it has to get done better than it’s been getting done for sure.”

WR Jeremy Kerley (illness) and CB Darrin Walls (calf, knee) did not practice. LG Oday Aboushi (shoulder), RG Willie Colon (knee), LB David Harris (shoulder), LB Trevor Reilly (knee) and QB Geno Smith (shoulder) were limited.

He has no issue with losing. He was on a losing team for most of his time in Tennessee. He just wants touches because he is selfish. If you don't want to be a distraction then shut your pie hole. He already trying to write a story of excuses so he can get a shot somewhere next year.

Rex's response here is yet another reason why he is NOT a head coach. If you look at Johnson's production he doesn't warrant an increased role. Frankly, Powell should be getting more touches. Instead Rex says it's because of the lopsided score. It's because he has been far less productive than ivory. PERIOD!!!! Why is he scared to come out and say it?

Turning into a divisive locker room presence doesn't have much to do with pay days. He already learned his big payouts are behind him when he signed with us, anyway.

.... CJ1/2 K looks like another bad FA pick by Idzik... he's got a 2 year contract ,too.   As for Vick.... with this team, we may not be able to do very much. Hoping he does better than Geno ( will he be at the movies, Sunday.?)

"Vick can be a turnover machine...yes, Vick is almost certainly the better quarterback. Even at age 34, he possesses a pitcher’s arm and a running back’s speed.

What those fans may forget—as the Jets get ready to travel to Kansas City to face the Chiefs on Sunday—is that Vick has always been a flawed passer. His mediocre 56% career completion percentage is no better than Smith’s (55.9%), and he has fumbled the ball 95 times in 134 games "

A rival fan of the game of NFL football, a true fan doesn't like to see his favorite team's rivals in the sh!thouse like this.

This is absolutely true.

There were no better times when the Jets and Pats were playing meaningful late season games for the AFCE title, looking forward to playoff games and all threads on who was a better QB; Brady or Pennington. Those were great times.

Here's one rival fan who hope the Jets get their $hit together and turn things around very quickly.

Idzik's 2 big off-season FA signings halfway through the season:

1). A 268 yard RB

2). A 31 reception WR

You forgot his 5 million dollar QB who couldn't start over the worst QB in the league.

You know your getting old when fans of the team message board you are trolling have to help you troll them.  LOL

If he doesn't let everyone slap the ball from his grasp. Remember, he's been a turnover machine.

Yes it is ridiculous how he holds the ball when moving around in the pocket or scrambling. I hold onto the trash tighter when i am taking it out every night

.... CJ1/2 K looks like another bad FA pick by Idzik... he's got a 2 year contract ,too.   As for Vick.... with this team, we may not be able to do very much. Hoping he does better than Geno ( will he be at the movies, Sunday.?)

"Vick can be a turnover machine...yes, Vick is almost certainly the better quarterback. Even at age 34, he possesses a pitcher’s arm and a running back’s speed.

What those fans may forget—as the Jets get ready to travel to Kansas City to face the Chiefs on Sunday—is that Vick has always been a flawed passer. His mediocre 56% career completion percentage is no better than Smith’s (55.9%), and he has fumbled the ball 95 times in 134 games "

There's no way Johnson sees the second year of his contract, even in the unlikely scenario that Rex and Idzik both return. They should sit his less than enthusiastic about the rest of the season ass and play Powell more.

Vick will have to be very impressive the rest of the way to see next year, too. As bad as Geno's been, I think he's more likely to be here than Vick next season, just by virtue of of being a second round pick and a lot cheaper.

MM calls sh*tty plays bottom line he's not adjusting the game plan to the strengths and weaknesses of his players

While this is true, how many times have we seen Chris Johnson drop a wide open pass? He doesnt create anything when the ball is handed off to him either. For Ivory to be producing and Johnson not is the reason his ass is on the bench. 

I dont hear Ivroy complaining about lack of time or MM play calling. 

I'm frustrated that his role hasn't been diminished more. I was optimistic when they signed him, I was hoping he'd be another LaDanian Tomlinson, but he just looks washed up. And Bilal Powell looks significantly better every time he gets on the field.

This...

signing CJ ended up being a double negative, he has been a shell of his former self and he has kept Powell off the field...typical Jet fan luck

While this is true, how many times have we seen Chris Johnson drop a wide open pass? He doesnt create anything when the ball is handed off to him either. For Ivory to be producing and Johnson not is the reason his ass is on the bench. 

I dont hear Ivroy complaining about lack of time or MM play calling.

Exactly

Archived