Geno Could Start Again for Jets in Week 10

jgb

Geno Smith could start again for Jets by Week 10
  • 0ap3000000408080.jpg
  • By Conor Orr
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: Nov. 2, 2014 at 08:54 a.m.
  • Updated: Nov. 2, 2014 at 11:38 a.m.

Michael Vick is auditioning for a starting role somewhere else next season, which is why his time as the Jets' starting quarterback could be short.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday on NFL GameDay First that the Jets could go back to second-year passer Geno Smith as early as next week against the Pittsburgh Steelers, because it's clear that Vick is not the long-term solution at quarterback, per team sources.

Smith has already been benched twice this season, the latest following a disastrous start against the Bills during which Smith tossed a pick on three straight possessions.

The Jets later announced that Smith is inactive for Sunday's game in Kansas City with a shoulder injury, leaving the Jets with Matt Simms -- who was recently added from the practice squad -- as their No. 2 QB.

The Jets, though, are still holding out a very slim hope that Smith can still develop into a franchise quarterback, even if John Idzik doesn't sound confident that will happen.

Still, in a lost season, it makes the most sense to let Smith play. The worst-case scenario is a high draft pick, which couldn't hurt this roster.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000420968/article/geno-smith-could-start-again-for-jets-by-week-10

How dysfunctional is this ******* team?

haha. love the reactions.

If Vick has the stinker I'm pretty confident he will...why wouldnt you?  Other than going to Simms if you really think he's got something but we saw that nightmare last year.  

This seasons a waste.  I guess there is some value in seeing Geno responds to being benched.  It doesnt hurt.  Vick isnt the long term solution.  He's right about that. 

Hate to say it but at this point, who cares who the starting QB is next week? It really doesn't matter at this point. We're probably going to have the #2 pick in the draft this April, draft a franchise QB and get a head coach who actually knows something about offense and developing a QB. Might as well keep Vick as a back up.

Don't even get me started on corners, needless to say, I played corner in high school, I'm surprised the Jets didn't call me yet to try me out. This team sucks

haha. love the reactions.

If Vick has the stinker I'm pretty confident he will...why wouldnt you?  Other than going to Simms if you really think he's got something but we saw that nightmare last year.  

This seasons a waste.  I guess there is some value in seeing Geno responds to being benched.  It doesnt hurt.  Vick isnt the long term solution.  He's right about that. 

What nightmare last season? the half he started? yet you were willing to wait with Geno? this can't be football related dislike.

Start whoever gives us the best chance to go 1-15. Who in their right mind is actually pulling for wins at this point in the season? We should be signing QBs off other team's practice squads and starting them!

It's a terrible place to be hoping that they lose.  It goes against our biology as Jets fans.  But right now I'm with you.  I just want this POS season to be over and for the moving van to load up all those dope coaches and scrub player out of town.  Fkn a our season is over and it's just Halloween.  

Rex is a fool Vick is not the answer Geno needs reps

look in the mirror you cant polish a turd (meaning geno sicks) repetitions will not help him. he is not a pro qb. if he was super hero his super power would be two fold sucking and turning the ball over

Did you see Vick today how about Simms give me Geno Smith any day of the week

I'm assuming your joking.  Vick had a 106 RTG.  Smith has NEVER had that high of a rating.  Simms looked OK.  At least, with no reps,  better then Smith.

Neither QB turned the ball over.  Hell, Sanchez had a 90 RTG, today, higher then Smith has ever had.

Move on, Smith is the worst QB in the NFL

I'm assuming your joking.  Vick had a 106 RTG.  Smith has NEVER had that high of a rating.  Simms looked OK.  At least, with no reps,  better then Smith.

Neither QB turned the ball over.  Hell, Sanchez had a 90 RTG, today, higher then Smith has ever had.

Move on, Smith is the worst QB in the NFL

The Jets are the worse team in the NFL with the worst owner,GM and offensive coordinator.

We have to play Geno Smith to further evaluate him Vick is a has been Simms a never was Smith is a rookie QB on a bad team what else do you expect?

The Jets are the worse team in the NFL with the worst owner,GM and offensive coordinator.

We have to play Geno Smith to further evaluate him Vick is a has been Simms a never was Smith is a rookie QB on a bad team what else do you expect?

Evaluate what?   The guy is the worst QB in the NFL.   Play Simms to see if there is anything there.  Then draft Winston

Archived