Michael Kay: Rex and Idzik fired Monday

IPBanBadPosters

I'm not sure if this was said already. But Colin Cowherd said on his show yesterday that word around ESPN is that firings will happen over the bye week if the Jets lose.

Nobody mentioned that yet. So, now we have 2 prominent sports talk show hosts saying the same thing…where there's smoke, there's fire.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do the Jets gain by firing either or both now? Are there rules that prevent them from starting their search for replacements early if the current people are still under the team's employ?

I believe the Jets have to request permission from the other teams.to interview

Yeah, we played the one on one version too.  But still called it stickball.   Never heard it called strike box. Cool.

Punch ball was awesome.  Forgot about that one.   And now that I'm thinking about it, what the heck was box ball?  Did you hit it back and forth to each other.  My memory fails me here.

Yeah, you hit it back and forth.  Box ball used the lines in the concrete on the sidewalk as a tennis court and you played a form of tennis/ping pong using the "punch ball".  Those matches got heated!

I find this rumor to be highly unlikely. It doesn't sound like a Woody Johnson thing to do. He isn't going to axe Rex, whom he loves, and Idzik in the middle of the season; only to pay others more to pick up the slack for the final games of the season. He will whack them both at the end of the season after they have hanged themselves.

Saw this posted on a few other Jets forums and apparently Kay said on his show today that he's heard rumblings to this effect. I'm assuming he meant if/after we lose to the Steelers. I couldn't find an audio link but was wondering if anyone here heard this today?

tCEOtra.png

Archived