Sanchez opinion - be counted

TuscanyTile2

Can we please stop with this Sanchez crap? He threw one of his typically ugly pics last night that ended up not counting because the DB's foot was out of bounds. Sanchez is a good game management QB, and does well when there's a good team around him such as the Eagles, like he did in his first two years with the Jets. He's not a good downfield passer or team leader. Seriously, enough with this Sanchaez crap

LOL, all these guys getting grouchy at the OP.  We just spent the last 3 years of Sanchez' five year career here calling him the worst, and now he's the hottest topic on national TV.  Now it looks like he might be good after all and we blew it with him.  Put me down as a Sanchez believer, but not for Top 10 money.

We'll find out - it was a certainty he was never going to contribute here in a consistently positive manor.

Be it bad mojo, horrible coaching and mentoring, or he's just too scattered to be a consistently good QB, he was done as a Jet.

Actually how about this - if you could sign Sanchez for top 10 QB money for 5 years, would you do it?

By this you do mean that any team but the Jets, right?  That's how I took it.  He has a history here that I just don't see him getting past.  He could play like Peyton Manning for 11 games but if he has a bad 12th game, the crowd will turn on him because they figure, "Here comes the real Mark Sanchez emerging".

So tough to judge a QB in that offense.  It made Nick Foles look like one of the greatest QB's of all time last season, and I don't think it's unreasonable to say Sanchez is better than Foles.  We'll find out how good Sanchez is if he gets a big contract to start elsewhere, and Philly pays a kings ransom to trade up and grab Mariotta which is a popular scenario on Philly sports radio at the moment.

So tough to judge a QB in that offense. It made Nick Foles look like one of the greatest QB's of all time last season, and I don't think it's unreasonable to say Sanchez is better than Foles. We'll find out how good Sanchez is if he gets a big contract to start elsewhere, and Philly pays a kings ransom to trade up and grab Mariotta which is a popular scenario on Philly sports radio at the moment.

We should rip it off

Ahhhh.... reality. My cold, sobering friend. 

I cant predict the future but we all know what happened that season after the offensive explosion on opening day.  Sanchez looked like a different guy and he went on to have one of the worst seasons imaginable for a QB.  Kelly has done a good job implementing a system to beat really bad Football teams. They've struggled vs. the good ones this season and last.  This season they beat the Colts who started slow and lost to the only other wining teams they faced this season. Both teams happen to have good D's and the Eagles only put 20pts vs San Fran and Arizona. They've got a nice challenge this week on the road vs. Green Bay. That will be good gauge to see if Sanchez can go toe to toe with Rodgers on the road.

Kelly couldnt get through to Vick (ignored), Foles regressed this season (ignored), and Sanchez did ok vs. one of the worst teams in Football but the truth is, he was the same guy we always saw.  He was inaccurate, had at least 2 picks dropped and one pick the dudes foot just came inches out of bounds, and he really left a lot of points on the board with the amount of punts and turnovers they were handed (ignored).

Sanchez may very well go on to have a nice season and maybe even lead the Eagles to some playoff wins.  But acting like beating up one of the worst teams in Football, which other than the 90 yard drive, he had very little to do with to earn the win, is just silly stupid SOJF troll type sh*t.

What really gets me is this narrative that the Jets ruined Sanchez.  Could they have handled him better?  Ofcourse.  But they got the brink of the Super Bowl twice with him because he had the best running game and defense in Football.  Poor guy.

If he does that with Kelly, hats off.  I doubt it.  But the NFC sucks, so it might happen. 

We should rip it off

I absolutely think the rest of the league will start to do just that if the Eagles keep playing the way they are.  This week is a great test for them.  Under Kelly, they've only beaten one or two teams with a winning record.  I think they beat the Pack w/o Rodgers last season, and the Colts this year in a game that they won with some calls that went their way at a critical time (didn't see it, but heard it being discussed ad nauseum).

Do you listen to any of the Philly guys?  I've heard them say Kelly essentially has a QB proof system that almost anyone can succeed in, and heard Gruden say the same thing the other night.

I absolutely think the rest of the league will start to do just that if the Eagles keep playing the way they are.  This week is a great test for them.  Under Kelly, they've only beaten one or two teams with a winning record.  I think they beat the Pack w/o Rodgers last season, and the Colts this year in a game that they won with some calls that went their way at a critical time (didn't see it, but heard it being discussed ad nauseum).

Do you listen to any of the Philly guys?  I've heard them say Kelly essentially has a QB proof system that almost anyone can succeed in, and heard Gruden say the same thing the other night.

Except Vick didnt and Foles regressed.

And they won on a ridiculous call vs. the Colts or they'd have 1 win vs. a winning team with Kelly.

They did beat the Rodger-less Packer team last year, so that doesnt count.  haha

Can we please stop with this Sanchez crap? He threw one of his typically ugly pics last night that ended up not counting because the DB's foot was out of bounds. Sanchez is a good game management QB, and does well when there's a good team around him such as the Eagles, like he did in his first two years with the Jets. He's not a good downfield passer or team leader. Seriously, enough with this Sanchaez crap

Thats exactly what we need. A good game manager that can sling it downfield when needed. We have receivers that can actually catch now. That pass u are talking about was his worst pass of the day. Yeah, lets base our opinion about a player based solely on one play. U need to watch the whole game. He looked real comfortable running the offense and when he's comfortable, he can shred any defense. Streaky is the word. 

ya i listen to local sports radio. kelly definitely receiving the most credit but there is a lot of love for sanchez, too. philly loves an underdog (Rocky) and sanchez is the ultimate phoenix like player, arising from the ashes of the butt fumble to lead them to victory. now granted eagles fans are probably even more homeristic than jets fans, so you have to take it all with a grain of salt. one thing is certain though: sanchez will not be afforded the same level of patience he did in NYJ, from either kelly or the fans. eagles fans will be much quicker to turn on sanchez than new york ever was if he starts turding it up.

ya i listen to local sports radio. kelly definitely receiving the most credit but there is a lot of love for sanchez, too. philly loves an underdog (Rocky) and sanchez is the ultimate phoenix like player, arising from the ashes of the butt fumble to lead them to victory. now granted eagles fans are probably even more homeristic than jets fans, so you have to take it all with a grain of salt. one thing is certain though: sanchez will not be afforded the same level of patience he did in NYJ, from either kelly or the fans. eagles fans will be much quicker to turn on sanchez than new york ever was if he starts turding it up.

Absolutely, the fans here overreact more than any fan base I've ever seen.  I'm really curious to see what happens over the next few weeks when they play some quality oppnents if they lose a couple of those games.  Smart move by Sanchez to head in to South Philly and grab some cheese steaks with the fans.  It won't mean anything if he loses a couple of starts, but good PR move off of a big win.

Absolutely, the fans here overreact more than any fan base I've ever seen.  I'm really curious to see what happens over the next few weeks when they play some quality oppnents if they lose a couple of those games.  Smart move by Sanchez to head in to South Philly and grab some cheese steaks with the fans.  It won't mean anything if he loses a couple of starts, but good PR move off of a big win.

love that he picked Geno's over Pat's lol

Except Vick didnt and Foles regressed.

And they won on a ridiculous call vs. the Colts or they'd have 1 win vs. a winning team with Kelly.

They did beat the Rodger-less Packer team last year, so that doesnt count.  haha

Yup, any time I've watched them this season on offense I love the scheme and the up tempo stuff.  However, gotta' beat a couple good teams along the way.  I don't fault them for not beating good teams because you can only beat who the schedule puts in front of you.  Over the next few weeks they'll play some contenders.  If they win most of those games, they have to be considered among the elite teams in the league.  I'd be surprised if they can do it with their personnel on defense but stranger things have happened.

Actually, when I saw it on the news they said that he went to both, one right after the other.  Could be wrong though.

ah, always the politician.

for whatever it's worth in my opinion pat's has tastier meat (much greasier and flavorful) while geno's has better bread (holds up much better and doesn't become a soggy grease log)

Archived